• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I missed posting this thread the last couple of weeks because my sister lost her battle with leukemia. Leukemia did not win, but she succumbed to complications associated with it, and doing so, she won (We lost, she won). A great gal, and we'll miss her. She would not want to come back to us from where she is now. The verses I thought of immediately upon hearing of her passing are found in Mathew 25: 31–46. She was a woman of many good works. Her works will follow her to Heaven, but they did not lead her there. She was saved by the shed blood of Jesus Christ. Many touchy, feely preachers would lead you to believe that God just loves us too much to send anyone to Hell, but the following verses are very clear that is not so; every day people die and go to Hell. Some are on the right hand, and some on the left. Those on the right have turned to Christ and lead a committed life; those on the left are lost. If you are not positive about your future after death, please feel free to PM me, and I'll try to answer questions.

Mathew 25:31-46
"When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right hand, 'Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'

"Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?' And the King will answer and say to them, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.'

"Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.'

"Then they also will answer Him, saying, 'Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?' Then He will answer them, saying, 'Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.' And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life."

Sorry for your loss and praise Jesus for your sisters win. I felt the same way when my Mom lost her battle with cancer. I still miss her at times but there is joy in knowing she has been set free from the pain and suffering.

My condolences to you and yours Shortgrass, knowing your loved ones are in a better place doesn't make it much easier for those left behind.

You've been missed.

Great message and glad to have you back.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your sister.
We lost my sister-in-law in January after a terrible lingering illness.
She was only 56. While we are missing her terribly, we wouldn't
want her back in the condition she was in. She's in a far better place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55GAUgjpDQA&feature=relmfu

Sorry for your loss Shortgrass. This one always hits me because I lived in the same yard as my grandparents. Heck, they were my second parents. I would love to visit with him a couple more times, even though he is where he belongs, with my grandmother right now.

Heartfelt thoughts and prayers coming from the desert to you and your family Shortgrass. Arent you glad to have the comfort that comes with the knowledge built by faith in the Lord at times like these? Thanks for your sunday sermon each week, thanks for sharing your life and love for the Lord with us and thanks for your freindship! Be blessed my friend!

Sorry for your loss, Shortgrass. Glad to know it was your sister's Homegoing, though. We lost my Mother in Law to Leukemia back in 96. Dittos, everyone seems to agree on our gratefulness for Good Sunday Mornin. Thanks for being there.

Latest posts