• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Good Sunday Mornin'

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Shortgrass

Reaction score
I stopped to visit a neighbor the other day. One of those stopped in the road and sat 2 hours with only one vehicle passing our spot. He brought up the age old question of why do bad things happen to good people. Short answer is "I don't know." Why did I get a rain, and several of my neighbors have not stopped feeding hay from the winter Their pastures are totally dormant. Why does God do or not do what He does? Lots of people smarter than I have wrestled with these questions; the first record of this would probably be Job. He came to the conclusion that, although he may not understand God, he would trust Him. The other thing God showed Job was that a mere man with a limited mind will never be able to put an infinite God in a space as small as his brain! I guess He doesn't expect us to understand Him, but we are asked to trust Him. Now I do understand enough to do that! Have a good Sunday mornin' and God bless.

Shortgrass said:
I stopped to visit a neighbor the other day. One of those stopped in the road and sat 2 hours with only one vehicle passing our spot. He brought up the age old question of why do bad things happen to good people. Short answer is "I don't know." Why did I get a rain, and several of my neighbors have not stopped feeding hay from the winter Their pastures are totally dormant. Why does God do or not do what He does? Lots of people smarter than I have wrestled with these questions; the first record of this would probably be Job. He came to the conclusion that, although he may not understand God, he would trust Him. The other thing God showed Job was that a mere man with a limited mind will never be able to put an infinite God in a space as small as his brain! I guess He doesn't expect us to understand Him, but we are asked to trust Him. Now I do understand enough to do that! Have a good Sunday mornin' and God bless.

Matthew 5:45. That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Thanks, Shortgrass. Our pastures are short, but we did get some hay. Worrying won't help a bit. My resolution is to do my best and let the Good Lord take care of the rest. He will send rain in due time; meanwhile, patience and perseverance must be practiced.

The rain does fall on the just and the unjust alike.
And while they're layin' pipe in the Keystone ditch, maybe they could lay about a 48" line right next to it to swap surplus rainwater back and forth as needed. :wink:

You could have given our sermon yesterday. The point made at our church was that God working in a situation is a lot different than God changing a situation, and that God uses a lot of situations to work in us, so we can change the situation ourselves.

RSL said:
You could have given our sermon yesterday. The point made at our church was that God working in a situation is a lot different than God changing a situation, and that God uses a lot of situations to work in us, so we can change the situation ourselves.

Thats good, RSL, Thats good.

Latest posts