• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goodlatte(HC) levels harsh words for BSE testing FOR PACKERS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike said:
~SH~ said:
SASH: "That's an interesting perspective. I always thought the reason that the US rebuilt Japan after WWII was that the US was the ones that blew it up in the first place."

Anyone want to argue that?

I don't!
~SH~

Not arguing, but I bet the U.S. didn't get paid back for the total ruination of Pearl Harbor, which started the whole thing.

That's a good point, as well.

SASH said:
Mike said:
~SH~ said:
Anyone want to argue that?

I don't!
~SH~

Not arguing, but I bet the U.S. didn't get paid back for the total ruination of Pearl Harbor, which started the whole thing.

That's a good point, as well.

Typical of the hate America first crowd...we were the only ones fighting the Germans and Japanese...good thing we defeated them, EH!!!!!

RobertMac said:
Typical of the hate America first crowd...we were the only ones fighting the Germans and Japanese...good thing we defeated them, EH!!!!!

RM, if you are serious, you just slotted yourself in another predominant category. If you really think that that statement is the truth, you had better go take a refresher course in the history of WW11 and then come back to this board and issue an apology to all the surviving Canadian vets and their families, as well as the families of those who lost husbands, sons and brothers over there before you guys showed up on the scene about 3 years late.

Before I get any angrier about your post I will quit and give you the opportunity to clarify yourself and if you don't, you may not want to show your face around here for A very long time.

Quote: "... BSE testing of cattle less than 24 months of age does not assure food safety."

Meaning: Beef is not safe to eat even if it is tested and less than 24 months. How are BSE positive animals going to be removed from the food chain if BSE testing doesn't assure food safety???????????
Not that I agree with this thinking...just pointing out that you aren't agreeing with yourself. :eek:

Labeling and testing are to hold and gain consumer confidence in the beef industry. The consumers are asking for it...organic foods are the growing sector of the food industry...just go and look in any Wal-Mart.

SH: "What's wrong with the U.S. market for Canadian beef?"

Relying on ONLY ONE MARKET is why the Canadian producers are in situation they are in...but you(and many of them) can't see thru your R-CALF hatred to see that.

SH, "What's wrong with the U.S. market for Canadian beef?"

What a totally assinine thing for a US cattle producer to say. :roll:

Imagine the following;
Ford dealership owner, "What's wrong with the US market for Japanese cars?"

Boeing Executive, "What's wrong with the US market for Airbus?"

Compaq CEO, "What's wrong with the US market for Japanese chips?"

US farmer, "What's wrong with the US market for Brazilian beans?"

Target store owner, "What's wrong with Walmart for US shoppers?"

Good grief!

Sandhusker said:
SH, "What's wrong with the U.S. market for Canadian beef?"

What a totally assinine thing for a US cattle producer to say. :roll:

Imagine the following;
Ford dealership owner, "What's wrong with the US market for Japanese cars?"

Boeing Executive, "What's wrong with the US market for Airbus?"

Compaq CEO, "What's wrong with the US market for Japanese chips?"

US farmer, "What's wrong with the US market for Brazilian beans?"

Target store owner, "What's wrong with Walmart for US shoppers?"

Good grief!

Funny that you seem to be advocating ' no competition' and yet you are against packer concentration. Oh well, just another one of those R-CALF flip-flops I guess.

Maple Leaf Angus said:
RobertMac said:

RM, if you are serious, you just slotted yourself in another predominant category. If you really think that that statement is the truth, you had better go take a refresher course in the history of WW11 and then come back to this board and issue an apology to all the surviving Canadian vets and their families, as well as the families of those who lost husbands, sons and brothers over there before you guys showed up on the scene about 3 years late.

Before I get any angrier about your post I will quit and give you the opportunity to clarify yourself and if you don't, you may not want to show your face around here for A very long time.

I realize that sarcasm is hard to get across on the internet, but I thought that my post was so far out there that no one would have thought I was being serious. By the way, why aren't you angry at SASH for disrespecting the FINE Canadian vets that fought right along side by side with USA vets in the war in the South Pacific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To farther clarify because you seem to need it...my point was that there were many countries "that blew it up in the first place" and I'm sure Canada, along with our other allies, helped in the rebuilding. No need to apologize for your wrong interpretation.

"Relying on ONLY ONE MARKET is why the Canadian producers are in situation they are in...but you(and many of them) can't see thru your R-CALF hatred to see that"

Is it my fault the majority of packing companies decided to locate
in the U.S.?

Oh yes, I almost forgot about the contract called N.A.F.T.A
If you dont like N.A.F.T.A then why was it signed.
Perhaps you have a contract with a feed supplier
or grain buyer. How often do you break those?
Because of N.A.F.T.A I got into this business 3 years ago and
I am starting to regret that. At least then I could go to
the lake on weekends and enjoy the easy life and not have to
make hay all weekend long.
All I need now is for R-Calf to buy me out and I will promise to never
cattle farm again.

SASH, "Funny that you seem to be advocating ' no competition' and yet you are against packer concentration. Oh well, just another one of those R-CALF flip-flops I guess."

I am not advocating "no competition". You really had to stretch to come up with that conclusion. I was pointing out how rediculous it is to recommend your markets for your competition.

Sandhusker said:
SASH, "Funny that you seem to be advocating ' no competition' and yet you are against packer concentration. Oh well, just another one of those R-CALF flip-flops I guess."

I am not advocating "no competition". You really had to stretch to come up with that conclusion. I was pointing out how rediculous it is to recommend your markets for your competition.

I don't think I'm stretching at all. If you feel that you can compete, you should have no problem recommending that customers take a look at your competitors, but being the isolationist you are, I guess you don't 'get' that.
We quite often tell our potential customers to look at our competitors product and then come back and tell us what they think. We offer a quality product at a reasonable price and we gain more customer buy-in by doing that.

rkaiser said:
Always interesting to read about SRM removal as THE guarantee of food safety.

Isn't a guarantee an assurance of the TRUTH.

Problem is - as far as BSE is concerned, what is the truth. Never proven to be transmissable. Never proven to jump from one species to another; especially cow to human. vCJD is just like BSE but never proven to be caused by it.

One truth is, packers dont' want BSE testing. Thus SH's opinion.

What makes SRM removal more of a guarantee than testing. Nothing.

Never been found in young cattle. Great. But what does that have to do with reassuring, even if it is as much of a farce as SRM removal. Take out the SRM's, but don't tell me for a second that this is any more or less of a reassurance than BSE testing if a customer asks.

Testing will happen. It is totally unnecessary, but it will happen.

Randy you can eat all the SRM's you want but until science tells me that you can eat a infected cows brain and not get sick I will stick with the experts and science that says to remove them OK and I would bet most other would too. And I said "We may have to turn to testing but it will be for perception sake only" not for food safety.

RobertMac said:
Maple Leaf Angus said:
RobertMac said:

I realize that sarcasm is hard to get across on the internet, but I thought that my post was so far out there that no one would have thought I was being serious. By the way, why aren't you angry at SASH for disrespecting the FINE Canadian vets that fought right along side by side with USA vets in the war in the South Pacific!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To farther clarify because you seem to need it...my point was that there were many countries "that blew it up in the first place" and I'm sure Canada, along with our other allies, helped in the rebuilding. No need to apologize for your wrong
interpretation.

R.M. You definitely caught me offside.

SH (previous): "SH, "What's wrong with the U.S. market for Canadian beef?"

Sandhusker (in response): "What a totally assinine thing for a US cattle producer to say."

Only if you are a narrow minded R-CULT isolationist that doesn't understand the definition of the word "trade".

BESIDES, THAT QUESTION WAS ASKED FROM A CANADIAN PRODUCER'S PERSPECTIVE YOU @!%@!&*%*!

Damn I get sick of your bullsh*t!

The NAFTA agreement has been signed into law. The consumer outvotes the producer in the United States 98% to 2%. And the R-CULT isolationists like you are a small fraction of that 2%. Your vote on whether or not Canadian producers have access to our markets is virtually irrelevant in the big scheme.

Personally, I don't fear Canadian imports like you do because I don't see Canadian producers any different than Texas producers nor do I overexaggerate the impact of Canadian imports like you do.

You act like everyone should share in your isolationism hypocrisy of wanting to stop imports while you continue to promote exports.

RM: "Meaning: Beef is not safe to eat even if it is tested and less than 24 months. How are BSE positive animals going to be removed from the food chain if BSE testing doesn't assure food safety???????????
Not that I agree with this thinking...just pointing out that you aren't agreeing with yourself."

The positive animals that are removed from the food chain are OVER 30 MONTHS OF AGE WHERE TESTING ACTUALLY DOES SOME GOOD.

We are not testing cattle less than 30 months of age because only a handful between 24 and 30 months would reveal anything anyway.

You have to seperate BSE testing of cattle less than 24 months of age, which is like testing 12 year old boys for prostrate cancer, and the testing of cattle older than 30 months of age where BSE prions are more detectable.

RM: "Labeling and testing are to hold and gain consumer confidence in the beef industry."

BSE testing of cattle less than 30 months of age is false advertising because it does not assure the safety of that beef from BSE.

RM: " Relying on ONLY ONE MARKET is why the Canadian producers are in situation they are in...but you(and many of them) can't see thru your R-CALF hatred to see that."

What an arrogant statement!

Who are you to tell the Canadians where they should market their cattle.

This is between them and the U.S. consumer as long as they don't threaten the integrity of our beef supply which they do not. R-CULT's lies to the contrary are just that, lies. If they were truthful, consumers would be running from U.S. beef right now. Luckily we have NCBA and USDA to offset R-CULT's lies and luckily the media hasn't seen R-CULT as a credible source of information or Japan would be banning our exports for 7 years and we wouldn't be slaughtering cull cows.

The leverage R-CULT has in this is that NCBA and USDA are not going to remind R-CULT of what they said because it would be damaging to the U.S. beef industry. R-CULT knows that so their end (stopping Canadian live cattle imports) justified their means (lying about the safety of Canadian beef).

~SH~

SH, "Personally, I don't fear Canadian imports like you do because I don't see Canadian producers any different than Texas producers nor do I overexaggerate the impact of Canadian imports like you do."

Let me explain something to you, SH. US CITIZENS PAY TAXES TO KEEP OUR COUNTRY RUNNING. CANADIANS DON'T PAY INTO THE US TREASURY. TEXANS DO. CANADIANS DON'T PAY FOR INFRASTRUCTURE, DEBT REDUCTION, ARMED FORCES, EDUCATION, ETC... FOR THE US, TEXANS DO.

SH, "BSE testing of cattle less than 30 months of age is false advertising because it does not assure the safety of that beef from BSE."

If they advertised that the product was free of BSE, you would be right. However, that is NOT the case. They are only stating the beef has been tested - WHICH IS THE TRUTH.

MLA, I apologize if my response appeared condescending like some on here, but I get tired of the bash America crowd and challenge them to name any country that has promoted freedom and liberty in the world community more than we have.

Let me explain something to you Sandman. When you sign a free trade agreement that is mutually beneficial from the standpoint of all aspects of trade, you honor that agreement.

You don't lie about the safety of Canadian beef for short term SMALL economic gain and set a presidence for beef safety that you are unwilling to live with yourself.

Only an R-CULT hypocrite would do that!

~SH~

Latest posts