• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Goodluck Lazy Ace

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Lucky folks has instant success after many years of hard work. Hope your sale goes well.

Good luck lazy ace. I'm sure the sale will be real good but if you'd serve okra at the presale social, it'd be that much better. Nothing gets a man in the bidding mood more than a big old bait of okra.

Hey thanks everybody we did have a good day averaged about 2650 but ended up walking about a dozen. Wish we could have sold them all but that is the way the cookie crumbles. I bet if we would advertise a presale okra event the rest of the bulls would have been sold. :lol:

have a good calving season everyone

lazy ace

A sale I go to had a older fellow starting bulls at $1,500 and when they couldn't get $1650 they passed. He was getting mad because he couldn't get a bull bought. :?

nortexsook said:
Why the DNS's?

What was your floor? Do you announce this up front?

Not sure why the no sales my best guess is we ran out of buyers.

No we didn't announce the floor at the start of the sale but when the auctioneer is asking 1200 dollars and doesn't get the bid and then says we will show you another bull and doesn't announce a buyer number or name with the bull it means no sale.

have a good one

lazy ace

lazy ace said:
nortexsook said:
Why the DNS's?

What was your floor? Do you announce this up front?

Not sure why the no sales my best guess is we ran out of buyers.

No we didn't announce the floor at the start of the sale but when the auctioneer is asking 1200 dollars and doesn't get the bid and then says we will show you another bull and doesn't announce a buyer number or name with the bull it means no sale.

have a good one

lazy ace

That's true but what if he takes $1,100 from someone and then doesn't get $!,200. The person that bid $1,100 would have had to pay it if accepted.

didn't start them at 1100 started them at 1200 if nobody bid they walked out the door if somebody bid at 1200 the bull sells at 1200.

have a good one

lazy ace

lazy ace said:
didn't start them at 1100 started them at 1200 if nobody bid they walked out the door if somebody bid at 1200 the bull sells at 1200.

have a good one

lazy ace

That's the way it should be. :D

Some places they seems to try to get a running start at the floor price. :?

Latest posts