• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Grand daughters first outside ride.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

LazyWP

Reaction score
Had a neighbor stop in yesterday, and said I had a calf on the wrong side of the fence. My granddaughter is here from Kansas, and has been dieing to get to ride outside of the corral. So we drug her along, as you can see she was having a tough time of it.

JessieandWonder010.jpg

JessieandWonder013.jpg

I was accompanied by 2 wonderful girls

JessieandWonder014.jpg

JessieandWonder008.jpg

Well, maybe 3, the little red dog is a girl too.
Jessie got to look over the edge of one of the many canyons.

JessieandWonder009.jpg

We found the calf, and got him put back in, found 3 bulls that thought they ought to whip the neighbors little black ones through the fence, and got them moved over. Headed for the barn as a few rain drops started. By the time we had gotten a half mile, it was raining pretty good, and with in another 100 yards, we were in a down pour. We ended up hiding out under the trees for an hour, before giving up and making a run for it the last mile.

Nicky said:
That's a memory she will never forget!!

No matter how hard she tries. :wink: Getting wet is more fun on a hot day at a water park than it is riding horseback on a cool day. :)

Many years ago, we were trailing cattle on a cold wet fall day. Our teeth were chattering, but that didn't stop my sister from stating, "I feel like a damp fool." :? :)

Thanks for the nice pictures, LazyWP. Glad you got a good rain.

I'm sure your caveman ancestors Soapweed copined the first pun lol. Time spent with family is precious never miss a chance. Love the old sorrel babysitter-I lost mine before the kids got big enough so there first rides were a bit more eventful.

Northern Rancher said:
I'm sure your caveman ancestors Soapweed copined the first pun lol. Time spent with family is precious never miss a chance. Love the old sorrel babysitter-I lost mine before the kids got big enough so there first rides were a bit more eventful.

The sorrel is what I would call a "good" horse. He is only 10 and this was the first time we have let him out of the corral with her. He is one of those horses that is whatever you ask of him. Last week, Lisa used him to pair out with. He's the horse I use if I need to rope a bull. Just an all a round good horse. And the best part is, I traded a $100 pickup for him. :oops:

Those kind of horses are worth their weight in gold. I over paid for my sorrel I traded 10-$25 bales of hay for him lol. I had an old chestnut mare kind of butt ugly but I think over twenty kids got their first ride on her-she only bucked once ty was about five and he brushed her yup against an electric fence-she sailed him off like a kite-he figured she should go to Calgary lol.

I used to like it alot more-about twelve years ago Ty and I had just gathered the cows in for the morning A'I in a pretty good storm. Rode a 1/4 mile home to get a dry coat and when we got back out lightning had killed three cows we'd just gathered :shock:.

That would make a person..........SICK.

One of our customers was holding his sale this particular day
and he put out bale feeders (he usually feeds daily and doesn't
use bale feeders, but he didn't know when he would be back
to his ranch so as a precaution he put out the bale feeders.)
This was in late March....when he got home, lightening had hit
one bale feeder and killed 7 registered cows. :shock: :cry:

Latest posts