• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Green for MYT

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Due to respect for all you who have drought I have hesitated to post too many pictures from our place. But seeing as Myt asked I thought an exception would be OK.

Actually if the truth were to be told I have been pretty busy and became a bit of a lurker.

The grass here has been blessed with sun and rain.
012.jpg

New field yesterday.
034.jpg

Pretty good grass year but no snow in the mountains.
031.jpg

Cows in training to toughen up in case gcreek wants to buy us out.
007.jpg

Pretty dense bush for a prairie guy. Good thing I can turn around and see the flat land from here.
008-2.jpg

Bull who just came home from his tour.
039.jpg

Been some pretty wild weather. This is looking towards Hayguy's place.

001-1.jpg

Getting some things done.
004.jpg

Between a few rounds of golf.
008-1.jpg

Speaking of weather, my brother in law's vehicle.
008.jpg

Packer ran down the road out of control today. Driver survived, be careful out there.
017.jpg

Thing's are looking pretty good on the Box R, lot's of grass and a decent hay crop. glad your able to work some golf in waiting for hay to dry. was that pic of the thunder storm up my way taken this aft? if so it chased us out of the hayfield with .3 in about 15 minutes.

That was a couple of days ago although I do have a pic of today's. I was out baling and that big boomer split in 2 and some went south and the other headed straight for you. We are having trouble mowing our grass fast enough to keep the fire hazard down for when it lignifies. Sort of grazing the higher risk fields first. Better problem than most though.

Please keep posting Per! It gives me hope for better days! :D Things look great and i am happy to see you haven't neglected the cattle and hay by playing too much of that goofy game you love. :p :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

per said:
That was a couple of days ago although I do have a pic of today's. I was out baling and that big boomer split in 2 and some went south and the other headed straight for you. We are having trouble mowing our grass fast enough to keep the fire hazard down for when it lignifies. Sort of grazing the higher risk fields first. Better problem than most though.

every couple of day's whether we need it or not. like you say, better than a lot of our "rancher's" neighbors

hayguy said:
per said:

every couple of day's whether we need it or not. like you say, better than a lot of our "rancher's" neighbors

Country and cattle look great Per. It's unfortunate that we can't share our moisture with those in need.

I was starting to wonder if your wife took your camera away. That is awful dangerous having a golf course that close to your hay field. ( one round with the baler one round on the course). :D

EastWind said:
I was starting to wonder if your wife took your camera away. That is awful dangerous having a golf course that close to your hay field. ( one round with the baler one round on the course). :D

:lol: :clap:

Well just seeing that green, thick grass makes me think that the world is a better place. Thanks per!

Per, your country is amazingly beautiful! And with your practices, it
will stay that way. I can hardly wait to see it again.

New series of Heartland has started (third season) and that is our favorite
tv show, so we do get to see country near you every week. So beautiful
and productive.

Latest posts