• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

guess whos runnin for office?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Southdakotahunter

Reaction score
i cut and pasted this from tonydean.com.....not as good as some do but oh well. for you that dont know, this is our beloved Liberty Belle

Tony Dean Outdoors
Issues
Will a "Lockout Leader" make it to the Legislature?

Even though the South Dakota Lockout, an effort that claims to have shut down 4 million acres to hunting in western South Dakota fizzled, one of its leaders has announced a candidacy for the SD Legislature.

Betty Olson of Prairie City, an avowed critic of the SD Game, Fish & Parks Department, plans to run for a seat in the SD House. However, she will have opposition.

Just what we need, another "property rights" radical in the legislature.

Interestingly, the property rights, "me first" crowd has brought forth much legislation. I cannot recall any of it becoming law.

Why?

Because they are out of step with South Dakota.

Democracy works.

We wish Betty Olson the best. Perhaps a couple years in the South Dakota legislature would convince her that democracy does, indeed, work well.

Under the rules of democracy, the majority rules, and so far, the majority sees the downfalls of "me first" legislation.

Southdakotahunter said:
i cut and pasted this from tonydean.com.....not as good as some do but oh well. for you that dont know, this is our beloved Liberty Belle

Tony Dean Outdoors
Issues
Will a "Lockout Leader" make it to the Legislature?

Even though the South Dakota Lockout, an effort that claims to have shut down 4 million acres to hunting in western South Dakota fizzled, one of its leaders has announced a candidacy for the SD Legislature.

Betty Olson of Prairie City, an avowed critic of the SD Game, Fish & Parks Department, plans to run for a seat in the SD House. However, she will have opposition.

Just what we need, another "property rights" radical in the legislature.

Interestingly, the property rights, "me first" crowd has brought forth much legislation. I cannot recall any of it becoming law.

Why?

Because they are out of step with South Dakota.

Democracy works.

We wish Betty Olson the best. Perhaps a couple years in the South Dakota legislature would convince her that democracy does, indeed, work well.

Under the rules of democracy, the majority rules, and so far, the majority sees the downfalls of "me first" legislation.

At least she stand's up for herself I say good luck to her. :clap: :clap:

Maybe the majority will become the minority then what.That would show you that democracy does indeed work.I hope she wins..At least she got some GUTS.

"Under the rules of democracy, the majority rules"

That is one of my greatest fears. A democracy is where there are two coyotes and one rabbit and they take a vote to decide what to have for dinner. We are supposed to have a Constitutional republic with constitutionally guaranteed rights that cannot be 'voted' away.

We are fighting health ordinances here in MO. Our county commissioners 'voted' unbeknownest to the landowners here, to kowtow to a very vocal minority and pass a very restrictive health ordinance mainly to restrict new hog buildings, but it also has placed severe restrictions on feedlots and backgrounding lots. We're meeting tonite with some Ag. experts from MU and the commissioners to try to persuade them to rethink the health ordinance.

One other thing South Dakota Stalker...I think it is certainly impolite to reveal information about someone they haven't revealed theirself. Why do you feel the freedom to do that. In the South, you would be considered very rude. Maybe in the North they teach you to take cowardly attacks against women... I doubt it though. Of course you could provide your name to show there was no ill will intended.

Betty or Liberty I am sorry someone posted your name on here without your approval.
I do have to say GOOD LUCK
:)

I dont agree with all you stand for BUT you do take a stand and are jumping in to fix what you feel is wrong.

GOOD LUCK!~!~!~!~! and get use to the cads who dont play fair :?

Pamela Earp

I've got to agree. it makes me extremely uncomfortable to see someone's real name on a message board, even when they themselves put it up. That's just generally not a good idea...
Especially where so many of us live in areas where a vague description and our first names in the local grocery store can get you directions to our homes. :wink:

I went to look and from what I see about hunter.....he has and agenda. Makes you wonder if he heard rumblings that she was goign to run for office and wanted to start in on her? ALot of his posts are to her and how she is wrong.
I put my name so she would not feel threatened that she had her name outed.......Hail i am so easy to find anyways. Cant hide even in the city.

Too often in politics ~yes been involved in them for many years~there is a group of people who set out to cause trouble and to make the life of the other politicion bad. The main gola is to get dirt and to get them to talk without thinking. They want to push them untill they fall then stand over them and gloat.
Yes this even happenes in city elections.

Great- At least the Betty Olsen's of the world will stand up for what they think publicly- and try to change it-- not like SD Stalker (sorry Red Robin--had to borrow it- love it :wink: ) and others that live their lives on here nitpicking in a veil of anonimity....

I never knew there was such a thing as a "property rights radical" :???: ...

Go Get em Liberty Belle- Too me our civil and property rights are worth always fighting for.......

I agree OT. I wonder how standing up for your rights legally is radical? Yes these people have an agenda and it is not in the best interest of private property owners.

If she wants to run thats great. I don't see Southdakotahunter stepping up to the plate. :lol: Put your money where your mouth is!! I can't decide if hunter is an ambulance chasing lawyer or a used car salesemen. good luck

Good for LB. wish her the best of luck. I don't see the problem with posting her name. Hard to campain if no one knows you. You are in the spotlight when you run for public office.

Liberty Belle,
If it's really you running for the legislature, that's good news. always nice to have someone with some backbone in our statehouse.
Go for it!!! Anything we can do to help? :D :D :D

If this is all true, I wish the best for you. Kick butt, and make a difference. All too many want to sit back in their chairs and complain and get "opinions" about things when all it takes is to get involved and find out the "real deal".

Anyway, Good Luck, Liberty Belle

Hanta Yo :!:

Any person who steps up to this plate puts a lot of their personal life out to pasture for a time.

It demands personal sacrifice, a supportive family and an iron constitution.

She will be subjected to easy questions, personal questions, have her family examined, be harassed by folks who do not "like" her and so on.

Therefore all I can say is this:

Liberty Belle - above all, always be true to yourself. When you look in the mirror and you can see the person looking back at you is OK - then you are on the right track - if not, change it as fast as possible or that person will eat you alive. Good luck and God Bless.

B.C.

Go LB!! And while you're at it, let us know where we can mail you a campaign contribution.

Latest posts