• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Guests should register

Help Support Ranchers.net:

feeder

Reaction score
I think it is about time this site makes all the guests register like the rest of us. Anyone else getting fed up?

I'm also under the impression that this format was going to be a little more closely monitored for crude remarks. I've been minding my P's and Q's, but I can't say the same for others! I don't want to have the format changed AGAIN, I'm getting used to the way it is now. It's hard for me not to be outspoken, but I didn't want to get the "boot"! I think some on here should at least get a reprimand.

I'm sure the boss could make it so that everyone would have to register but couldn't blame him if he didn't. He might lose some "hits".

If they would just pick a name and stick to it would work for me. When you have a hundred "guests" floating around you don't know who you're talking to.

I too think everyone should have to regester before they can post on here. Come on Macon, fix it! No more guests. Someone should do some 'splainin'!

There is nothing wrong with people making comments. Isn't that what a forum is all about? Too bad this site has changed from "where censorship is not an option", to "we want to hear your opinions, as long as they conform to my (Macon) ideas and opinions".

If you don't like certain comments, you don't have to read them. If you don't like posts from guests, then do NOT read them. Duh

Yes, I predict you will get your wishes, more restrictions and more censorship, just like the cattle today site. Sure miss a real cowman running this thing.

I agree with the comments of the above guest.

Nothing changed on this site except all of you took the bait and registered. The language hasn't toned down one bit. There was one topic yesterday that more than questionable in its direction.

Check out all the people who don't post on ranchers anymore by going through the members list and seeing all the members who don't or seldom post.

Eliminate the guests and you will have about six of you left.

Martha said:
I agree with the comments of the above guest.

Nothing changed on this site except all of you took the bait and registered. The language hasn't toned down one bit. There was one topic yesterday that more than questionable in its direction.

Check out all the people who don't post on ranchers anymore by going through the members list and seeing all the members who don't or seldom post.

Eliminate the guests and you will have about six of you left.

Matha
You might want to recheck your figures. I find 223 registered users on this board and 116 of those have posted 8)

Knock out the members who posted less than 20 times (once a day since the change) and the number of active posters is pretty small. Eliminate the guests like Cattle Today and you might as well post on MSN besides I don't see where it is the guests causing the problems. :roll:

I don't have a problem with anyone posting a guest. I still like the old format we used to have a whole lot better than this one.

What possible difference can it make? It is the message not the messenger that is important! When people don't use their names, they are called gutless. When they use their handles, their names are made fun of. (Sandblamer, R-half, etc. There will always be something to bitch about on this forum and that is why most of you are here!

If every person on this forum used the name 'guest on
the bull session part of this forum people would have to deal with the issues instead of name calling! You could use your handle on the other parts of the forum for the 'atta boys-girls' that so many post here for!
There are places on this forum for coffee and bs, use them for how they were meant, and don't worry about guests on Bull session!

It makes it a lot easier to keep a thread straight if you don't have 4 people with the same name (guest) chiming in with a diferant opinion! All it takes is one person to register as guest and the system will reject everyone else trying to use the name 8)

Look at the number of registered persons and the number of guests on this site at any one time. Usually 2 to 1 guests. Forced registration will lose a lot of people that might have something of interest to add to the conversation.

The kill the messenger tactic, rather than disputing the message stops many from registering. Some on here do not want to see or even believe there could be an opposing view, so instead of arguing against the position they slam the poster or the organization.

That slam the poster is something they do a lot of everwhere I guess. Some of the hobby guys on the Cattle Today board are really bad...they think just because theyve been posting longer or have run there mouth more that they know more than anybody else. Runs a lot of new posters off. Give em hell right back is what I say!!!!

I haven't seen much of the kill the messenger since R-CALF still posts here and it was him and responses to him that moved us here. It would be nice if we knew who was posting as we do get styles of posting so we know where the poster is coming from. Why wouldn't you want a handle are you not proud of what you post. You can have a handle and still not reveal you identity. :cowboy:

Hell, even with an alias, people don't know my name unless I give it to them.

But I do appreciate the fact that some people post from work and that maybe a no-no.

what I was wondering is sometimes I come on here and if I don't read all the new posts then the next time I come on they don't show up as new?

Latest posts