• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hank, you're hired

Help Support Ranchers.net:

bar o ranch

Reaction score
Between haying, bush-hogging and checking cattle, lawn care has slipped to a non priority. Didn't want to run the weedeater, so put my horse Hank to work on the trimming. He works cheap and loves his job. :lol:

07-16-11_164.jpg

Yesterday we had a 3 day old calf stuck in a gulley - her Mom was bawling for her, and the calf had obviously been trying to get out. She had holes in the side of the gulley from her hooves, but it was almost straight up and down and just couldn't get out. My husband was by himself and finally had to jump down in there with her and give her a good shove to get her out. Once she got out, she just layed down for a few minutes, then up and nursing. She's fine today. Just never know what they can get into. Glad she's OK, and my hubby's boots dried out. :)

Thanks Big Muddy and FH. :) Hank was real thin when we bought him. Lived in a box stall and was a horrible cribber. After we bought him we took off his cribbing collar and turned him out with our other 2 horses. He cribbed on a locust post after eating his grain for about 2 months. My husband spotted "Rooster Booster" at our feed store, and as we were about to send off a pkg to Afghanistan he thought it would be a great joke to send it along. After he brought it home and I smelled the stuff, I said no way we were packing that in with all that good food! :shock: So... we poured some on the post. Hank's cribbing has all but stopped, and the collar is collecting dust in our garage. He's a foundation bred gelding, and has Zippo Pine Bar on his sire's side. He's been living the easy life with our haying and such, plus the heat, but hope to ride him to check cattle at a close lease when the Autumn comes. He's just a real nice gelding, easy going.

Happy to share. My husband had no idea what the "Rooster Booster" was, just bought it for a joke. The ingredients are Aloe Vera, Calendula (Marigold), Coal tar distillate, and Tea tree oil. We don't know what it's supposed to do for roosters, but it sure helped cure Hank's cribbing. :D

bar o ranch said:
Happy to share. My husband had no idea what the "Rooster Booster" was, just bought it for a joke. The ingredients are Aloe Vera, Calendula (Marigold), Coal tar distillate, and Tea tree oil. We don't know what it's supposed to do for roosters, but it sure helped cure Hank's cribbing. :D

We should feed some of that to Haymaker. :D

He's an old Rooster. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
bar o ranch said:

We should feed some of that to Haymaker. :D

He's an old Rooster. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't think he's keeping the local hens running fast enough as it is? :lol:

Latest posts