• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy Father's Day!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

sweetbasil

Reaction score
I would like to take a moment to thank each of you for welcoming me in this forum. I know that I haven't been around lately due to my busy schedule. I miss reading about what is happening in your lives and also getting advice from so many of you.

Since Father's Day is just around the corner, I would like to take a moment to celebrate the many generous, kind, hard-working, and brave men in this forum, and those who are contributing to to the well-being of our communities and country with the following prayer:

Father's Day Prayer

Lord, please bless our fathers,
these men who mean so much to us,
who are greatly responsible
for who we are and who we are becoming.
Bless them for having the courage
to do what's necessary to keep us out of trouble,
for making us do the right thing,
for helping us build our character,
even when it makes us angry;
and bless them for pushing us to do our best,
even when they just want to love us.
Bless our fathers for being our protectors,
for leading us through stormy times to safety,
for making us believe that everything will be all right
and for making it so.
Bless our fathers for quietly making a living
to provide for those they love most,
for giving us food, clothing, shelter
and other necessary and not so necessary material things,
for unselfishly investing time and money in us
that they could have spent on themselves.
Bless our fathers, Lord,
for saving some energy for fun,
for leading us on adventures
to explore the outer reaches of ourselves,
for making us laugh,
for being our playmates and our friends.
Bless them for being our secure foundation, our rock,
for holding on tight to us...until it's time to let us go.
Lord, bless these men we look up to,
our role models, our heroes,
our fathers.
In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

By Joanna Fuchs

:tiphat:
Happy Father's Day!
Sweetbasil

SWEETBASIL----THIS IS A POEM WRITTEN FOR MY DAD BY SW; MY DAD PASSED AWAY 2 1/2 YEARS AGO (FEELS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY) AND IS STILL MISSED!! TO EVERYONE, NEVER MISS THE CHANCE TO TELL YOUR DAD HOW VERY MUCH YOU LOVE HIM!!!

It's time that I pay tribute, to the man I call my dad.
Lately I've been remembering, the good times and the bad.
When you came into my life, little did I know,
The effect that you would have on me, and how my love would grow.
I won't ever forget things we've shared, things that we've been through,
Will never forget your laugh and the funny things you do.
All the time spent camping and trying to catch some fish,
And making chocolate malts, those are times I miss.
I will always remember, mom would try to hide,
When you would act goofy and wave, to strangers passing by.
Walking me down the aisle, on my special day
Was the man nearest and dearest to me, in a very special way.
Holding all my babies on the day of their birth,
These are things I'll cherish, from your time on earth.
Your unfailing love for mom, I will never ever forget,
I'm so glad you were there with me, on the day her fate was met.
You are such a part of me, from the bottom of my heart,
When it comes to being a dad, you have done your part.
Thank you for everything, the memories that we've had.
You are not just my hero, I proudly call you my dad.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Those are both great poems. :D
Thanks

This year is my first as a Grandfather. I won;t get to be with the little guy but I'll be thinking of him. :D :D

Second year for me, and in the same boat. We do get to share the day with Grandmas though. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Thanks

This year is my first as a Grandfather. I won;t get to be with the little guy but I'll be thinking of him. :D :D

Second year for me, and in the same boat. We do get to share the day with Grandmas though. :wink:

The Grandma I sleep with is taking off to see the little guy for 5 days while I stay behind and try to finish branding. :(

kris said:
SWEETBASIL----THIS IS A POEM WRITTEN FOR MY DAD BY SW; MY DAD PASSED AWAY 2 1/2 YEARS AGO (FEELS LIKE JUST YESTERDAY) AND IS STILL MISSED!! TO EVERYONE, NEVER MISS THE CHANCE TO TELL YOUR DAD HOW VERY MUCH YOU LOVE HIM!!!

It's time that I pay tribute, to the man I call my dad.
Lately I've been remembering, the good times and the bad.
When you came into my life, little did I know,
The effect that you would have on me, and how my love would grow.
I won't ever forget things we've shared, things that we've been through,
Will never forget your laugh and the funny things you do.
All the time spent camping and trying to catch some fish,
And making chocolate malts, those are times I miss.
I will always remember, mom would try to hide,
When you would act goofy and wave, to strangers passing by.
Walking me down the aisle, on my special day
Was the man nearest and dearest to me, in a very special way.
Holding all my babies on the day of their birth,
These are things I'll cherish, from your time on earth.
Your unfailing love for mom, I will never ever forget,
I'm so glad you were there with me, on the day her fate was met.
You are such a part of me, from the bottom of my heart,
When it comes to being a dad, you have done your part.
Thank you for everything, the memories that we've had.
You are not just my hero, I proudly call you my dad.

Kris,
Thanks so much for sharing with us such a precious poem. The is inspiring. Your Dad left you a beautiful sea of memories for you to hold on to for the rest of your life.

Best Regards,
Sweetbasil

Big Muddy rancher said:
Thanks

Hi BMR,
Congratulations on being a grandfather! Hopefully you'll get to see the little one very soon. :D

Happy Father's Day!
SB

gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Thanks

Happy Father's Day, "gcreekrch" :D

Best Regards,
SB

nmhighdesert said:
very nice poems, thanks for sharing them Sweetbasil and Kris.

Hello "nmhighdesert,"
Happy Father's Day! Thanks for contributing to our posts.

Best Regards,
SB

Big Muddy rancher said:
Thanks

Why you lucky rascal! Would it improve our prospects for grandpa-hood if I started eating Grandpa Burgers? :wink: :D

HAPPIEST FATHER'S DAY TO ALL YOU DADS (AND GRANDDADS) OUT THERE......AND REMEMBER......ANY MAN CAN BE A FATHER, BUT IT TAKES SOMEONE SPECIAL TO BE A "DADDY"!!! :D

burnt said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Thanks

Why you lucky rascal! Would it improve our prospects for grandpa-hood if I started eating Grandpa Burgers? :wink: :D

Worked for me. :D :D :D :D

Actually that's how our daughter informed us of the up coming event. She gave Tam and I A and W gift card to help us with the expense of upgrading to G'pa and G'ma burgers. :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
burnt said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Thanks

Worked for me. :D :D :D :D

Actually that's how our daughter informed us of the up coming event. She gave Tam and I A and W gift card to help us with the expense of upgrading to G'pa and G'ma burgers. :lol: :lol:

A suggestion of taking the heifer to the neighbors' bull worked for us. :wink:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday evening. I would really love to know who originated the concept of "group work." I want to meet that person and have a good conversation on how to go about preventing people from taking advantage of others while working in "groups." We were assigned a group for an assignment that is due tonight; I send my group members my part on Friday;we all agreed to have it done by Saturday at 6PM to give us enough time to make any changes as needed before the actual deadline (today at 9PM). I just got the parts from my group members an hour ago, and I am bombarded with emails such as:

1. "I found that our advantages and disadvantages are mismatching. I think mine is not in complete sentences while you guys are. Revise if the file is not yet sent" or the one asking me to "review mine grammar in particular" I wonder when was I elected to be the group leader.

What is boiling inside of me is that they had plenty of time to do their part correctly, so that we should have had this assignment completed years ago, but both of my members disappeared until this evening. So I find myself pushing my own work aside to get this out of the way and meet the deadline for the group. I can't believe that some people in graduate school who are "professional" still feel entitled to procrastinate their work and assume that someone else is going to pick up the slack for them.

I better go out for my walk before it gets dark... trying to lose weight is not easy :(

Happy week everyone!

Latest posts