• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Happy New Year Rancher Friends

Help Support Ranchers.net:

gcreekrch

Reaction score
May cattle go up,
and fuel go down
May your aches go away,
and not make you frown
May the grass come early,
and the snow come late
May your taxes be lenient
and leave a rebate!

All the best to all y'all in 2014.

Happy New Year

Dave & Debbie Brace
Guichon Creek Ranch.

good luck to you too Dave, and to that very very patient, and possibly blind wife of yours !!

jigs said:
good luck to you too Dave, and to that very very patient, and possibly blind wife of yours !!

She sees the same fat old guy I see in the mirror occasionally. :wink: :D

Go easy on the toddies tonight Jiggsy, tomorrow can be tough on old guys like us.

Great toast you made, I will have to go upstairs and get what Santa left in my stocking and make you a toast later. :lol: :lol:

Happy New year everyone. :D

and the very best for you and Debbie in the New Year

I have never been so glad to slam the door on the old year as this past one,other than a couple of highlight's (daughter got married, and son obtained journeyman's status, and having lunch with and meeting BMR) the rest of 2013 was downhill.

Am REALLY looking forward to The New Year :!:

Happy new year to also and everyone else here. I'm grandson sitting so I'll be on the couch napping.

Happy New year from the desert! Glad to know ya all. Hope ya have a fine 2014. Tell Debbie I am gonna call soon so she needs to get working on a new song! :D

Happy New Year's to all my Ranchers friends. I don't post as much as I should, but treasure all of you as friends!! :D

gcreekrch said:
May cattle go up,
and fuel go down
May your aches go away,
and not make you frown
May the grass come early,
and the snow come late
May your taxes be lenient
and leave a rebate!

All the best to all y'all in 2014.

Happy New Year

Dave & Debbie Brace
Guichon Creek Ranch.

Nice! I like it a lot. And back 'atchya my friend!

Well, it is 2235 and I am just in from the barn - doing a last check on some animals. Lambing is literally just about to start and the first 40 or so are now inside for the duration. Hopefully I have them all sorted correctly and none decide to do this outside as it is minus 22 and windy to boot.

Wife is on the couch watching the telly and it is snowing.

I am going to mix us both a light drink and then head off to bed in a bit - it has been a long day and I am stiff and sore from some unusually heavy manual labour today.

Age is creeping up and I am no longer interested in going out and howling at the moon - it takes me far too long to recover.

I want to wish you all - from the Newhorns Cattle and Sheep Company in eastern Ontario - a darned fine evening and an even better New Year - may it be the best you have ever had.

Now if I can just kick the border collie off of the other end of the counch I might just have a place to sit for an hour or so before bed.

His name is Shadow. It translates into "Excellent sheep dog that sleeps on the bed when he thinks no one is looking". We could not do it without him - but do not tell him I said that - he is spoiled enough as it is!

Best to all

bc

Well, it's 2:30 AM and we're home from a great night of visiting and card playing with a few close friends. A small amount of whiskey and several pots of coffee were consumed.

I think a nap this afternoon once chores are done will be in order.

Good night or good morning depending on where you are at on the continent.

Soapweed said:
Happy New Year, one and all. Peach and I had a quiet old folks type of celebration, and I lucked out and won a game of Scrabble. :)

Wendy and I played Dominoes - old folks celebration here as well - chores in about 30 minutes. Cold out there

Cheers

bc

Happy New Year to everyone on Rancher's Net

Time marches on, but it is sometimes good to put the old year aside and put our hopes on the new one. Hope all on ranchers net wll have a good and prosperous 2014

stayed home last night and had home raised Hereford rib steaks , lobster tails, veggies in a herb butter sauce, then burnt cream at home tonight life is good...

Latest posts