• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Has anyone seen any info about the positive BSE cow?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

alabama

Reaction score
Where did it come from in the US?
Where was it born?
What type of cow was it?
How old was it?
What happened to the heard it came from?
How did it get BSE?
And so on?

Alabama said:
Where was it born?
What type of cow was it?
How old was it?
How did it get BSE?
And so on?

#1 -THEY think from Texas (but HAY MAKER won't claim her)

#2 -THEY don't know for sure, but THEY'RE working on finding out . . .

#3 -THEY think it was a beef breed, but the samples got kinda mixed up so THEY'RE working on that too . . .

#4 -THEY are not sure since THEY don't know where it came from (but don't worry, THEY are working on it . . .)

#5 -Since THEY don't know where it came from, THEY don't know what happened to the rest of the herd

#6 -THEY say that it had a CHICKEN McLITTER sandwich for lunch one day . . .

#7 -Ya, and so on . . .

I swore I was done posting on here.
But this is so outrageous that I have to add my two-cents. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would like to see the cow's brain dna with the Washington cow to make sure we are talking about two different cows. There is too much coincidence of the R-calf suit coming up and the mix up of tissue. IF this cow came from Mexico they would not let it out, Packers need the imported beef to close another border down. USDA wants M'traceback, but they didn't even try to trace this cow back 7 months ago while they were waiting for all the tests results. If they say they can not trace this cow back we had better tar and feather some people high up. IF it is a USA cow, find the herd mates, and up the testing to see how bad we have it with a damn test that works. Lets not tell everyone that is all a screw up by someone down the line that the USDA is messing up. If you or I ran a business like this we would be broke or setting in jail. But I guess it is easier to blame R-calf on keeping USDA honest than it is to do what is right. NO, I am not seeing any black helicopters, but the rate this is going I might sell coffee futures and buy into the company that sell black copters. No I am not back full time, just got rained out and can not hay. Haymaker keep up the good work.

rancher said:
I swore I was done posting on here.
But this is so outrageous that I have to add my two-cents. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would like to see the cow's brain dna with the Washington cow to make sure we are talking about two different cows. There is too much coincidence of the R-calf suit coming up and the mix up of tissue. IF this cow came from Mexico they would not let it out, Packers need the imported beef to close another border down. USDA wants M'traceback, but they didn't even try to trace this cow back 7 months ago while they were waiting for all the tests results. If they say they can not trace this cow back we had better tar and feather some people high up. IF it is a USA cow, find the herd mates, and up the testing to see how bad we have it with a damn test that works. Lets not tell everyone that is all a screw up by someone down the line that the USDA is messing up. If you or I ran a business like this we would be broke or setting in jail. But I guess it is easier to blame R-calf on keeping USDA honest than it is to do what is right. NO, I am not seeing any black helicopters, but the rate this is going I might sell coffee futures and buy into the company that sell black copters. No I am not back full time, just got rained out and can not hay. Haymaker keep up the good work.

Whoa a blast from the past. Haven't heard much from you for 2 months rancher but your still in the top ten for posts. Glad to here you have got rain and hay. Guess it didn't come to late to help some. I had better not say anymore or you might get mad at me. Oh by the way do you stand by R-CALF's claim that a country with BSE should not export for seven years?

greetings, all!! as you know, i usually steer away from the bull session, but this one caught my eye....as a rancher's wife, a cattlewoman, a citizen of the US and as a nurse!!! Not sure how reliable this is, but the Butte Standard reported that the cow was born BEFORE the "ban" was put in place for certain feeds!! This whole issue has been quite the talk in our little community as I am sure it has been where each of you reside!!

Maple Leaf Angus said:
Alabama said:
Where was it born?
What type of cow was it?
How old was it?
How did it get BSE?
And so on?

#1 -THEY think from Texas (but HAY MAKER won't claim her)

#2 -THEY don't know for sure, but THEY'RE working on finding out . . .

#3 -THEY think it was a beef breed, but the samples got kinda mixed up so THEY'RE working on that too . . .

#4 -THEY are not sure since THEY don't know where it came from (but don't worry, THEY are working on it . . .)

#5 -Since THEY don't know where it came from, THEY don't know what happened to the rest of the herd

#6 -THEY say that it had a CHICKEN McLITTER sandwich for lunch one day . . .

#7 -Ya, and so on . . .

Whoa MLA you are on the ball today :wink: :lol:

Ranchwife- "...but the Butte Standard reported that the cow was born BEFORE the "ban" was put in place for certain feeds....."

Here's something to scratch your head about, how can they possibly know WHEN she was born without first knowing WHERE she was born????? :???: :???:

TimH said:
Ranchwife- "...but the Butte Standard reported that the cow was born BEFORE the "ban" was put in place for certain feeds....."

Here's something to scratch your head about, how can they possibly know WHEN she was born without first knowing WHERE she was born????? :???: :???:

Tim, Didn't you know that those USDA graders can look at a cow and tell you what "WEEK" she was born on. Or.......so that's what we tried to tell the Japs anyway. :roll: :roll: :wink: :wink:

Alabama- "Tim could they have checked her teeth to see how old she was?"

I suppose so, but with enough accuracy to say, "FOR SURE" ,that she was born before August/97?? Is dentition that accurate? I don't know...I'm asking! :)

BTW, I'm rained out ,too, Rancher.

I would thinh they could say weather she was oldar than 10 years or so. I to am guessing.

Hey there!
You can get daily BSE Reports at the following website. They are pretty thorough. One day us Canadian Ranchers will get some good news???? :cry:

www.info-cca.ca

We should work together & not against each other.

What if she was 9 years and 51 weeks of age? They don't know squat! Who she is, where she came from, whether or not she's a Washington retest, where the hell that hide with the M brand ended up or who the hell is hiding that bag of CCIA's that they need so badly right now...
but THEY'RE working on it!
Glad you got some rain rancher and thanks for the two cents and row of smiley faces!!!
You're post was perfect Big Muddy!
Have a good day all! Thanks for reading from Canada!

Alabama said:
Tim could they have checked her teeth to see how old she was?

Well if the reports are true, I think there could have been a bit of a problem knowing which set of teeth to pull from storage to do the check . . .

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The Rumor has it from TX. is the cow is from south of Waco.Probable that she didn't have a tag but should have had a HOT BRAND for an Premises ID.

TimH said:

THIS is why i stay away from Bull Session......folks like you, TimH!! :x I was simply STATING what was written in the paper....the same paper that quoted the cow as being born in the US...not sure if in Texas or exactly where...now they are supposedly trying to link this cows dna with "the rest of the herd"!! No need to be such a turd, TimH :x
See ya, folks!! This ranchwife is going back to the coffee shop where folks can be folks and actually put aside differences for awhile....ya'll can keep TimH for yourselves!!! :roll: :roll:

Well, Tim H,. I guess we just found out that it can be hazardous to ask an innocent question!

Whew, I'd better watch out cuz I don't even intend to try to look innocent!

Ranchwife- "THIS is why i stay away from Bull Session......folks like you, TimH!! I was simply STATING what was written in the paper....the same paper that quoted the cow as being born in the US...not sure if in Texas or exactly where...now they are supposedly trying to link this cows dna with "the rest of the herd"!! No need to be such a turd, TimH
See ya, folks!! This ranchwife is going back to the coffee shop where folks can be folks and actually put aside differences for awhile....ya'll can keep TimH for yourselves!!! "

I'm a turd for asking a simple question???? :???: I certainly wasn't trying to be a turd, so I am very sorry that you think I am a turd.
Most people that I would consider turds are guilty of much turdier things than posing a simple question.....turdier things like calling someone else a turd for no good reason.
Sorry you took my question the WRONG way,Ranchwife. Perhaps you should try out the de-caf while you're hanging out in the coffee shop. :wink:

TimH said:
Ranchwife- "THIS is why i stay away from Bull Session......folks like you, TimH!! I was simply STATING what was written in the paper....the same paper that quoted the cow as being born in the US...not sure if in Texas or exactly where...now they are supposedly trying to link this cows dna with "the rest of the herd"!! No need to be such a turd, TimH
See ya, folks!! This ranchwife is going back to the coffee shop where folks can be folks and actually put aside differences for awhile....ya'll can keep TimH for yourselves!!! "

I'm a turd for asking a simple question???? :???: I certainly wasn't trying to be a turd, so I am very sorry that you think I am a turd.
Most people that I would consider turds are guilty of much turdier things than posing a simple question.....turdier things like calling someone else a turd for no good reason.
Sorry you took my question the WRONG way,Ranchwife. Perhaps you should try out the de-caf while you're hanging out in the coffee shop. :wink:

AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! Nothing worse than a turd being 1/2 bubble off level. A sleazy turd too!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Get him, ranchwife. You had every right. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts