• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HATS OFF TO R-CALF

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Having worked for a newspaper for over 28 years, I have been taught to look for the author of a written piece.

No author means no credibility.

I did not see any by-line on this article. Pretty easy to write something if you don't have to own up that you wrote it. You can say anything you want, and usually it isn't factual if it isn't signed.

Funny how some can question Dittmer's and the AFF's credibility and then throw their support behind an article that is anonymous. :lol: :roll:

What predictable, yet still astonishing hog-wash!

Cattleman and SH, you have some excellent points.

Just read Stever Cornetts ed. in the Farm Journal. He points out several successes where R-CALF was able to stir up their members to write Congressmen and flood the media with letters to editor. Not successes on points, or information, or achievement, just the success of getting the members activated to make their emotion based claims, facts of the matter be damned!

Cornetts line of thought is that "politics is like love. The less you know about an issue, or a new love interest, the more passionate you are."

Cornett also comments on the value of NCBA's way of doing business--of making every point of view welcome during discussion. And that is forces some of us to quit thinking in black and white (emotion based) on issues. We start to think in gray tones......seeing/hearing both sides of issues, realizing problems are sometimes overstated and overrated. And we tend to sit back when we should be calling our legislators with our concerns.

It does appear that the emotion based, passionate, but very often not really accurate stories get the attention, and certainly the ear of politicians, FOR A WHILE.......but eventually the facts will bear out the other side of the story. Congressmen can read the numbers on trade with Canada and other nations, and the isolationist agenda does not fare so well.....IF politicians are willing to put facts before political fall-out.

MRJ

Faster horses said:
Having worked for a newspaper for over 28 years, I have been taught to look for the author of a written piece.

No author means no credibility.

I did not see any by-line on this article. Pretty easy to write something if you don't have to own up that you wrote it. You can say anything you want, and usually it isn't factual if it isn't signed.

And an AMEN and kuddo's on your points, FH!

MRJ

If I posted a direct link from ProgressiveAg.com that has the author listed, would you then give it any credibility?

I emailed directly to Randy at Progessive Ag and told him what I thought of this article. :roll: You have to have some facts to have any credibility and that is something this writer forgot. You complain about Dittmer, but come on, if R-CALF didn't write this piece of R-CALF fluff, they sure gave the guy the mis-information that went into it. :roll:

MRJ said:
What predictable, yet still astonishing hog-wash!

Cattleman and SH, you have some excellent points.

Just read Stever Cornetts ed. in the Farm Journal. He points out several successes where R-CALF was able to stir up their members to write Congressmen and flood the media with letters to editor. Not successes on points, or information, or achievement, just the success of getting the members activated to make their emotion based claims, facts of the matter be damned!

Cornetts line of thought is that "politics is like love. The less you know about an issue, or a new love interest, the more passionate you are."

Cornett also comments on the value of NCBA's way of doing business--of making every point of view welcome during discussion. And that is forces some of us to quit thinking in black and white (emotion based) on issues. We start to think in gray tones......seeing/hearing both sides of issues, realizing problems are sometimes overstated and overrated. And we tend to sit back when we should be calling our legislators with our concerns.

It does appear that the emotion based, passionate, but very often not really accurate stories get the attention, and certainly the ear of politicians, FOR A WHILE.......but eventually the facts will bear out the other side of the story. Congressmen can read the numbers on trade with Canada and other nations, and the isolationist agenda does not fare so well.....IF politicians are willing to put facts before political fall-out.

MRJ

:gag: :sure: :gag: :sure: :gag:

Sandhusker said:
If I posted a direct link from ProgressiveAg.com that has the author listed, would you then give it any credibility?

Like I said I emailed Randy at Progessive Ag. and I just got the name of the guy that wrote the article. I thought the rest of you would like to read his response. I highlighted a few passages I liked :roll:
Ray Grabanski, President of Progressive Ag wrote the article.

Sorry guys Randy asked me to delete the email. I guess it didn't show Progessive Ag in a very flattering light as they are a marketing service. Randy I guess didn't want to go on record defending this article on behalf of Progessive Ag.

I thought BSE closed the border but I guess according to Progressive Ag it was R-CALF that closed it three years ago. Truth be known R-CALF only delayed the openning a few months (March 2005 to July 2005) but Not according to Progessive Ag.

Now quotes from the article

R-Calf, the new kid on the block with cattlemen's groups, is deserving of a very special thank you from US cattlemen as they have been primarily responsible for 3 of the most profitable year's of cattlemen's careers!!!

instead R-Calf kept it closed for 3 years or more. Contrary to all the expert economist opinions, it kept cattle prices up 30% from previous levels for the entire period (and still prices are high). Even though they lost in the end (USDA did finally get the border opened), the money made by cattlemen during the 3 years was well worth the battle.

Cattle imports from Canada are killing our US cattle price.

The facts are that cattle prices never were even close to recent 3 year price levels, and close the Canadian border (even with US mad cow cases shutting down US exports) and prices soar. Atkins diet crazes were started before the price surge, and ended long before the border opened. How can that be the reason for cattle price rises??? The odds of any other event catapulting cattle prices that much are slim to none, no matter how many economists try to refute it. Common sense is still common sense! Any other conclusion should be laughed out of existance!!!

Hats of to R-Calf, responsible for the highest incomes for cattlemen ever!

Really looks like Old Ray was pointing out the other factors that had an affect on the prices doesn't it.

IRandy doesn't think that Ray's intentions in the article was to give R-Calf all the glory, But that is all this article did was glorify R-CALF how else can you explain the comment "The odds of any other event catapulting cattle prices that much are slim to none, no matter how many economists try to refute it. Common sense is still common sense! Any other conclusion should be laughed out of existance!!!"

This is really credibility Sandhusker :wink: :roll:

Sounds like you were rude, and out of line with your e mails and the man was just trying to do what the rest of us do to "get rid of you" R CALF supports Rancher's and Rancher's support R CALF,period!!!!!!!! it's really that simple.......................good luck ps I also e mailed ,unlike you I praised the article and expressed my appreciation to them for expressing their opinions, ...........down here we call it freedom of the press,you dont like it dont read it.

What will r-cult do with their "new found legitimacy"?
What new found legitimacy? They have only proven that they're incompetant and a bunch of liars. The court's decision outlined that fact.
R-cult just typifies your 'head-in-the sand' protectionist american who can't see farther than his own greed, and no father than tomorrow. They don't seem to care about their childrens' future as long as they beat someone else. These type of people are just as happy screwing their neighbour down the road as the neighbour across the border.

redriver said:
What new found legitimacy? They have only proven that they're incompetant and a bunch of liars. The court's decision outlined that fact.
R-cult just typifies your 'head-in-the sand' protectionist american who can't see farther than his own greed, and no father than tomorrow. They don't seem to care about their childrens' future as long as they beat someone else. These type of people are just as happy screwing their neighbour down the road as the neighbour across the border.

I dont have neighbors like you red sniveler,you and the tam's of the world make it easy to be anti canuckle head,you partner with these damn packers against the american cattle man ,then whine when we get you between a rock and a hard place :D :D :D .............good luck

HAY MAKER said:
redriver said:

I dont have neighbors like you red sniveler,you and the tam's of the world make it easy to be anti canuckle head,you partner with these damn packers against the american cattle man ,then whine when we get you between a rock and a hard place :D :D :D .............good luck[/quo I

I thought you said R-CALF wasn't against the Canadian rancher, then you say you have us between a rock and a hard place. Looks like you are against Canadian ranchers after all.

....keep the border closed for higher prices... no, keep the border closed to keep Canadian cattle from contaminating our bse free herd... no wait, it's about prices.... no, health....
gaaawwwd..... I can just see these clowns chasing their tails around in circles, using whatever line they think is gonna sound good. Kinda brings to mind ole 'Comical Ali'. Remember him? Where did he go anyway? hmmmmmm..... :roll:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
redriver said:

I dont have neighbors like you red sniveler,you and the tam's of the world make it easy to be anti canuckle head,you partner with these damn packers against the american cattle man ,then whine when we get you between a rock and a hard place :D :D :D .............good luck[/quo I

I thought you said R-CALF wasn't against the Canadian rancher, then you say you have us between a rock and a hard place. Looks like you are against Canadian ranchers after all.

You are both getting played.

Econ101 said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:

You are both getting played.

Only the ones like red sniveler,there are a lot of fine canadian ranchers in canada,that may be getting a raw deal,he aint one of them

.................good luck

Econ101 said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:

You are both getting played.[/quote
]

No doubt,packers are masters at playing both ends against the middle,and will continue untill the canadian rancher takes back his industry,packers own canada ,lock,stock,and barrel
R calf is a young org. given time they will bring some fairness to the industry..................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Sounds like you were rude, and out of line with your e mails and the man was just trying to do what the rest of us do to "get rid of you" R CALF supports Rancher's and Rancher's support R CALF,period!!!!!!!! it's really that simple.......................good luck ps I also e mailed ,unlike you I praised the article and expressed my appreciation to them for expressing their opinions, ...........down here we call it freedom of the press,you dont like it dont read it.

I guess if you call telling the truth about R-CALFS lies and the damage they have done to a guy that defended this article that glorifies them rude then I guess you may be right. I did have to laugh though when he emailed me back and said I may be right about certain things but I was mixing his opinions with Rays and I shouldn't be doing that. I thought I was emailing Progessive Ag but I guess they don't have a united story in that office just everyones personal opinions. And I'm not surprized you praised this piece of fluff you would believe anything that flatters your lieing heros. But even you should know that R-CALF didn't delay the border opening for 3 years Haymaker. And there were other factors that supported the high cattle prices in the US but not according to Good Old Ray. But that is just Ray's opinion because Randy said there was other factors like Drought and a Diet craze. Gee Haymaker which do I believe Randy or Ray. :? :wink: :roll:

What has the canadian cattle man gained from cussing R CALF,listening to these packer lovers singing their same old BS song aout how, now the truth will be known about R calf,they are going to self destruct any day now,blah blah blah,same old BS ,and R CALF keeps getting stronger and stronger every day new members are joining R CALF,joining in the fight to keep control of the cattle industry,so their children will have an opportunity to ranch,if I ranched in canada I would support R CALF,and push for an org.that would support the cattle man partner with R CALF then we can be one North American cattle industry,work with the cattle man instead of with packers.R Calf will continue to get bigger and stronger,they will bring fairness to the industry...............good luck

Hay Maker, I am always astouded at the amount of hot air that comes out of your ignorant mouth. You are the pride of america. Why don't you come up to canada so we can teach you some manners? Oh, I forgot, you're only brave on this bb. Typical loud-mouth texan. Is bush your cousin?

redriver said:
Hay Maker, I am always astouded at the amount of hot air that comes out of your ignorant mouth. You are the pride of america. Why don't you come up to canada so we can teach you some manners? Oh, I forgot, you're only brave on this bb. Typical loud-mouth texan. Is bush your cousin?

I have been planning a trip to Canada,post your name address etc. so you and I can talk when I finally make it.............good luck we slow down here in the winter after hunting season I will try my best to see you then.

Latest posts