• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Haymaker and Captive Supply

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
http://www.agribusinessaccountability.org/pdfs/5_Controlling%20Misuse%20of%20Packer%20Market%20Power.pdf

Haymaker here's some arguments you might give your buddies at the salebarn. This guy don't call it "theft by deception", he calls it "rustling".
I warn you though, it's a long read.

Mike said:
http://www.agribusinessaccountability.org/pdfs/5_Controlling%20Misuse%20of%20Packer%20Market%20Power.pdf

Haymaker here's some arguments you might give your buddies at the salebarn. This guy don't call it "theft by deception", he calls it "rustling".
I warn you though, it's a long read.

Thanks Mike ILL read it tomorrow,every time I try to get upstairs BMR the canuckle head will tell a lie on me ............good luck

Mike,

Why would you read something from a website titled: The Agribusiness Accountability Initiative Promotes Collaborative Responses to Corporate Power in the Global Food System ? Looks like a crybaby load of crap to me!

If you don't like multinational corporations, don't sell your product to them. It's like I tell all the packer blamers/hater around here; when your calves go through the sale barn, tell the cattle buyers you forbid these cattle to be killed/processed through the "big 4" packing companies. It's funny, they get that screwed up look in their face like: "I might not get top dollar" :? Do you see how phony they are?

Bull Burger said:
Mike,

Why would you read something from a website titled: The Agribusiness Accountability Initiative Promotes Collaborative Responses to Corporate Power in the Global Food System ? Looks like a crybaby load of crap to me!

If you don't like multinational corporations, don't sell your product to them. It's like I tell all the packer blamers/hater around here; when your calves go through the sale barn, tell the cattle buyers you forbid these cattle to be killed/processed through the "big 4" packing companies. It's funny, they get that screwed up look in their face like: "I might not get top dollar" :? Do you see how phony they are?

BOOL BOOGER you are a prime example of the old saying "I CANT SEE THE FOREST FOR THE TREES".....................good luck PS wise up and stay sober a while

Bull Burger said:
Mike,

http://www.econ.iastate.edu/research/publications/viewabstract.asp?pid=10082
Is this a crybaby load of crap? BTW, I tend to look at all sides of an issue.

Mike said:
from link above said:
We find evidence to support the hypothesis that plants that anticipate near-term-future deliveries of captive supply cattle that are high relative to their regional-market rivals' degrees of reliance on captive supplies tend to pay spot market prices that are below average. The effect, while statistically significant, is relatively small in magnitude, however.

Where did they get the captive supply from? Willing sellers, maybe?

.......pay spot market prices that are below average

So why would you sell to them if you aren't satified with the price offered? Do you want to legislate price? Maybe Ralph Nader could build the perfect packing company........would pay $1.00 lb for cattle and sell all cuts for $1.10 lb........Oldtimer would call that a 10% profit..............and the nomination for head of "captive supplies" is.........HAYMAKER!

Bull Burger said:
Mike said:
from link above said:
We find evidence to support the hypothesis that plants that anticipate near-term-future deliveries of captive supply cattle that are high relative to their regional-market rivals' degrees of reliance on captive supplies tend to pay spot market prices that are below average. The effect, while statistically significant, is relatively small in magnitude, however.

Where did they get the captive supply from? Willing sellers, maybe?

.......pay spot market prices that are below average

So why would you sell to them if you aren't satified with the price offered? Do you want to legislate price? Maybe Ralph Nader could build the perfect packing company........would pay $1.00 lb for cattle and sell all cuts for $1.10 lb........Oldtimer would call that a 10% profit..............and the nomination for head of "captive supplies" is.........HAYMAKER!

If they are standing in the yard - finished - and you can only get one bidder, what do you do? Leave them standing or sell them? It has happened, and I'm not saying it happens on every occasion either, but the fact remains that is does happen.
You're taking it a little far with some of your other suggestions. :lol: :lol:

Mike said:
If they are standing in the yard - finished - and you can only get one bidder, what do you do? Leave them standing or sell them?

Do you want the gov't to provide you with a buyer? If you raised them, backgrounded them, and finished them and you have one bidder, you either sell them, find a processor and sell the beef yourself, or figure out why you stuck all that money in that critter without a plan.

NOBODY owes you for that critter. You were responsible for him standing there in your yard finished.

Is this a crybaby load of crap? BTW, I tend to look at all sides of an issue.[/quote]

Mike, this only takes one comment from their entire study. You evidently falied to look at all sides on this one. If you read their entire analysis as I have you would draw a different conclusion. They clearly state they only looked for any negative impact which they conclude is extremely small. Within the next page they clearly state they never examined the data for the positive benefits of "captive". Half-truths from partial information is par for the blamers.

The plaintiffs in the Pickett case tried to get Dr Azaam to testify and he refused clearly pointing out to them that the conclusions the plaintiffs were attempting to draw regarding the Azaam study were wrong. Have a great day.

The Zeiss scope tracks on the money. I am extemely satisfied at this point.

agman said:

Mike, this only takes one comment from their entire study. You evidently falied to look at all sides on this one. If you read their entire analysis as I have you would draw a different conclusion. They clearly state they only looked for any negative impact which they conclude is extremely small. Within the next page they clearly state they never examined the data for the positive benefits of "captive". Half-truths from partial information is par for the blamers.

The plaintiffs in the Pickett case tried to get Dr Azaam to testify and he refused clearly pointing out to them that the conclusions the plaintiffs were attempting to draw regarding the Azaam study were wrong. Have a great day.

The Zeiss scope tracks on the money. I am extemely satisfied at this point.[/quote]

I am really surprised at your comments. Does it not say that this is an abstract? From my recollection, correct me if I'm wrong [and I'm sure you will if I'm wrong] an abstract is an overview of a study highlighting the conclusion. BTW, I've read the entire study outside of GIPSA.

Glad your scope tracks well, that is the very best way to know if the internal mechanisms are functioning properly. I usually try to get a new one track a one foot square, starting at top left-go right one foot-down one foot-left one foot - then back home, with all steps using the same number of clicks.
A good friend of mine bought a new Nightforce for 1000 yd. matches that wouldn't track at all. When he got it back 6 months later it still wouldn't track. It's still for sale today.
If interested I can tell you how to zero a scope using just one shot.

Mike...I am really surprised at your comments. Does it not say that this is an abstract? From my recollection, correct me if I'm wrong [and I'm sure you will if I'm wrong] an abstract is an overview of a study highlighting the conclusion. BTW, I've read the entire study outside of GIPSA.

If interested I can tell you how to zero a scope using just one shot.[/quote]

Respponse...The problem with the abstract is that it failed to mention their research was to only isolate negative impacts if any. so the abstract itself was misleading and did not disclose the true nature of their research.

Zeroing...Fire one shot and then adjust the scope to the inended point could zero with one shot. Have a great day.

Latest posts