• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

headed to riverton wy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cure

Reaction score
I am going up to riverton wy to a bred cow sale if any of you are close or along the way from utah pm me your address and I will try to stop by and meet some of you

I usually go to that sale but will be coming out of Yellowstone that day.
There a good place to eat up on the hill kind of behind arby's and McD there the Bull, good steaks and they even have lamb chops. Or about 1/2 between Riverton and Lander there is Hudson and Swilers, very good raviloi and cabbage rolls before you get your great steak. There a good tack store on main street too.
Guess it the long way for you to go back on 26 then down 89

we actually have a darn good cafe/restaurant there at the sale-barn...good eats and even better coffee. Wallmart is on the north-end of town (going towards Shoshone) if you need stuff for the trip back; next Wallmart would'nt be till Rock-Springs...

Riverton is the home of G-G bronc saddles-Randy and Dennis George are master saddle makers-they make stock saddles also. Really great guys spent almost a whole morning when we were there custom fitting Ty's-his legs were so big from hockey and football that he had trouble getting right under his swells. All we bought at Walmart were chris ledoux cd's. Wish I'd that restaurant info because the place we ate was a bit tough. Isn't Riverton where Lucky 7 Angus is located-their program sounds a bit intriguing I would like check it out some day. Maybe on the next saddle trip. The morning we went there we drove down from Thermopolis which is a pretty drive-the old A and W in Thermopolis worth stopping there for a burger.

Yes, as Northern Rancher said, G Bar G saddles (just north of Riverton a few miles) is the best place to find a working saddle. My husband and I both got brand new saddles custom made from them for our wedding present and I got to say, I never knew my old saddle was so uncomfortable until I sat in my brand new saddle. And i'm sure you all know how a brand new saddle can take come breaking in...no breaking in with their saddles, didn't sore me at all. And I also had a colt feel frisky and these saddles keep you in place and don't throw you forward. HANDS DOWN THE BEST SADDLES AROUND. Definetly worth stopping by their shop.

Riverton is "over the mountains" from where I live...i'm just west of there about 3 hours. Cattle sold super high last week there. They are expecting a pile of bred cows this week---it will be interesting to see how high they go for!

One other place to check out, again just north of Walmart about a mile on the west side of the road is Wyoming Livestock Supply. A great store with all your ranching needs and wonderful people work there. We are lucky that they deliver over here a few times a month as we don't make it to RIverton but a few times a year. Lucky 7 is over there somewhere. He summers his cattle over on my side of the mountains. Renee and Justin Jensen are having their annual bull sale in Big Piney, WY (just south of here 40 miles) on Feb 11th---they have the largest stock of Shamrock cows anywhere and their cattle never leave the high elevation. They are the truest high elevation cattle I have ever come across in this great state. If you are free that weekend it would be worth a trip to their sale. 2 year old bulls. And great people to boot. Enjoy your trip to Riverton! If we weren't off the beaten path it would be fun to have you stop by while on your trip!

Latest posts