• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Heading South....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

randiliana

Reaction score
Well, DH and I are heading south for a little trip in about 10 days. Heading for Fort Worth and the Stock Show. Gonna be stopping around Hereford, TX for a couple days to meet some people we have been dealing with and then head to Fort Worth to meet some more. Plan to be gone for about 10 days from Jan 16-25.

Hopefully I can talk DH into a little bit of sight seeing on the way down and back, we'll see how that works, he'd prefer to just get in the car here and out of it when we get there, or as close to that as he can on such a long trip.....

Anyways, if anyone is around the Fort Worth Stock Show on Jan 21 or 22, that is when we will be there.

Have a wonderful time. Our good friend who trains horses at Aubrey, Texas
says that rodeo is as good as the NFR. He's been trying to get us to come
down for it, for a long while. We haven't made it yet....glad you are getting
to go. Give us a report when you return. Have a safe trip!!

When you are in Ft Worth be sure you make it to the Stockyards area, it's not where the Stock Show is. A lot of neat places to eat and see, a lot of history. The Texas and Southwest Cattlemens musuem in Ft Worth is also a great stop. Ft Worth has a lot of western heritage if you know where to look. It's starting to get overgrown.

Awesome, thanks for the tips. We are planning to see the rodeo for at least one night. And to go to the Stockyard's area. I hadn't realized that it was a different place than where the Stock Show is held. It should be lots of fun, since it is stuff both of us are interested in.

randiliana said:
Awesome, thanks for the tips. We are planning to see the rodeo for at least one night. And to go to the Stockyard's area. I hadn't realized that it was a different place than where the Stock Show is held. It should be lots of fun, since it is stuff both of us are interested in.

Lots of bars and music. Stop in at the Cattleman's Steakhouse if you get a chance or hit "Billy Bobs".

There used to be a cool western art store across the street from the old stockyards. A bit pricey to make any purchases, but it's rare to find that much cool western art in any store. Worth a quick browse.

Booger Red's Saloon and the H3 Ranch Steak House ...is a must @ the Stockyards...Leddy's across the street has some, to die for clothes..little pricey tho.. :p

coyote said:
You better stop in Denver while the Stock show is on.

We'll see, I looked it up to see what was going on the days we will be gone, I wouldn't mind stopping and watching some of the Jumping, but that would mean we'd have to leave a day early. Now to convince DH.....

OK, thank you Coyote, for mentioning Denver. We are going to stop there for the day on the 16 have a look around and take in the Grand Prix Show Jumping that night! Should be fun! Then we'll head on down to the Hereford are and should hopefully get there the next afternoon.

Latest posts