• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

heatwatch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tully

Reaction score
Any one out there used the radio transmiter "heatwatch" heat detection system ?

any clues as to the worth of it?
Tully
Australia

Tully, We have used the heat watch system for the last three years and have seen a dramatic improvement in our conception rates(both AI and Embryo Transfers). The operating system is fairly easy to understand and use. The only downside is the time and labor required to glue the transmitters on. However, the time you save on detection outweighs the increased labor. When we apply the patches we have 3 guys working and in 8 hours we can do 100 cows this includes pulling CIDRS and one shot along with gluing the transmitter on. If you have any specific quetions just pm me and I will be glad to answer them.

Angus Breeder

Tully, I cannot read my personal messages. We will have to communicate through this page.

Thanks AB , Iam a wagyu breeder here in Australia & I have frozen 40 embryos by a bull we can no longer access anymore so I am a bit nervous about getting a good result. What did it cost you to set up?
How do you prepare your recips nutritionaly? The bull is called Itoshigefuji 147 he is a bit of a freek in the Wagyu world 1200kg & marbles very well, he is owned by a fellow called Gary Yamamoto in Texas & for some reason he no longer sells semen from him & a few other bulls he has. No logical reason given it seems that he just could not be bothered. Thanks for your time mate ,much appreciated
Regards
Tully

tully, To set the system up it cost around $5,000 for the software and the receiver box(about the size of a cereal box). The transmitters that the cows wear are about $55 a piece.
The nutrition of the recips consisted of 12 pounds of (1/3 cracked corn 1/3 wheat mids 1/3 soy hulls mixed with a super cow pellet which is basically protein) a day. They were also given acess to all the grass hay they would eat. In our area we cannot feed that amount of grain with alfalfa hay because of an excess of water soluable nitrogen, which fries semen ar embryo's as soon as they enter the repo tract. You would want to talk with a nutritionist.
We usually hit between 55 60% on putting frozen embryo's in. GOOD LUCK

Angus Breeder

Latest posts