• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

He's gone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

kolanuraven said:
Oldtimer said:
Mike said:
Put some spice in your life and find you a boyfriend close by. :lol:

By the way, get a married one and he'll keep his mouth shut. :shock:

Mike- I would expect that from jigs- Buttttttttt

I don't even want to hear jigs advice now :wink: :lol: :lol:

I think Mike just gave us some "info " with that post!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

Dr. Mike

Well, I'm thankful I have all of you folks. I've made a few friends, had alot of laughs. I know I'll be on here more than usual. And in a week, cows start calving at Bruce's so my days will be full. It'll just be the evenings that will be lonely.

Shelly----sounds like you need a road trip, my friend...head south and we can find ways to make the next couple weeks go by really fast!! :D :D :D :D

kris said:
Shelly----sounds like you need a road trip, my friend...head south and we can find ways to make the next couple weeks go by really fast!! :D :D :D :D
:shock: Oh Lordy,you two together...I think I'll have to go along to keep you two rebels in line.... :D

katrina said:
Shelly,

Tough deal there...... Take my advice and don't listen to jigs and mike. But you can pm me. :D :D :D Would you want to take some online classes?

Kartina !! do I need to make another call to the dentist???

Shelly said:
Mrs. Greg, he's halfway between Lac La Biche and Fort Mac. He's running a Cat building sites for leases.

Jigger Boss, I thought the same thing too when I found out he was going, but as today got closer, my opinion changed on that pretty fast. When you have someone around you basically 24/7, when they're gone, there's a HUGE empty spot left in your life.

As for talking on the phone, that'll be hit and miss. Our nephew is up there, and he says cell phone service is on again- off again.

Best friend took pity on me today, his family was having a get-together and they insisted I come over just so I wouldn't be alone. (Thanks Bruce.)

Shelly, I spent quite a few winters working up in that area,Conklin, Anzac,Winnifred Lake, in the '90's running equipment. Not a real fun place.
I know it's no picnic for you. Just remember that that kind of thing is tough for us guys ,as well.
My Mrs. and I got through it(barely)........you will ,too. The key is to "put yourself in the other person's shoes".
This advice is probably worth about what you paid for it. :lol: :wink:

Shelly you have to get it while the getting is good who knows what the job market will be like in a couple of years.

My husband is gone all the time also but I usually get to see him once or twice a week, he sometimes sleeps here :???:

It has gotten a lot easier than when he first started his carrer and I have gotten used to it.The only hard thing is when he has been gone a couple of weeks and then is home for a few days, it messes up my routine :? and as soon as I am used to him being here he is gone again.But we have agreed that until the field dies right down it is in the best interest of our family and the cows if he continues on.

Do you have children?

jigs said:
katrina said:
Shelly,

Tough deal there...... Take my advice and don't listen to jigs and mike. But you can pm me. :D :D :D Would you want to take some online classes?

Kartina !! do I need to make another call to the dentist???

You'll need a dentist to extract Katrina's foot from your azz! :lol: :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:
kris said:
:shock: Oh Lordy,you two together...I think I'll have to go along to keep you two rebels in line.... :D

And you must pull me out of school so I can keep all THREE of you in line :p

Mrs.Greg said:
kris said:

Montana ain't ready for that type of culture shock yet :wink: :lol: :lol:

Oldtimer said:
Mrs.Greg said:
kris said:

And here Shelly and I were gonna stop at your fav watering hole and show you the Canadian version of bumm darts :roll: :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:
Oldtimer said:
Mrs.Greg said:

And here Shelly and I were gonna stop at your fav watering hole and show you the Canadian version of bumm darts :roll: :lol:

Come on down--Not sure if ol Prairie Dog, Two Dogs and the rest of the old fogies at the water hole could handle that without choking on their whiskey--but it would be worth the laugh.....Wait a week or two cause one of the boys (the proprietor) is getting his gall bladder taken out today- and I wouldn't want him ripping out his stitches.... :wink:

Latest posts