• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Broke Cowboy

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt

Reaction score
Are you hitching a ride with Jack MacLaren to attend the meeting in Brussels (my hometown) next Wednesday?

If you do, we'll have to get together for coffee afterward.

And when you're coming, grab Ian Cumming and Randy Hillier too. :wink: I did actually call Ian's place this morning and gave Mrs. Ian the message.

ATTENTION ALL LIVESTOCK PRODUCERS & ANIMAL BREEDERS

The agriculture and animal breeding industry is being
threatened by animal rights activists who are using
organizations like the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty
to Animals (OSPCA) to further their agenda. While many of these
charitable agencies do excellent work in cases of obvious cruelty,
there is no oversight or accountability as to how they employ
legislated police power.

This lack of governance is harming good people. Together, we
can restore justice. Plan to attend this important Town Hall meeting
to hear about how provincial legislation in the OSPCA ACT has
already impacted you through:

1. Inadequate legislative definitions;

2. Police powers granted to a charity;

3. No accountability, transparency or independent oversight;

4. Conflict of interest.

Panel of Speakers

John Nyenhuis – Farmer

Carl Noble ­‐ Former Provincial OSPCA Director

Marty Misener – D.V.M.

Kurtis Andrews – Lawyer, Donald R. Good & Assoc.

Tom Black – President, Ontario Landowners Assoc.

Jack MacLaren – MPP, Carleton-­Mississippi Mills

Brussels Auditorium – Wednesday January 16th @ 1:00 pm

President of the local chapter of the Ontario Landowners Association and yours truly doing a news clip to publicize the issue and promote the meeting -

http://london.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1107700

burnt said:
Are you hitching a ride with Jack MacLaren to attend the meeting in Brussels (my hometown) next Wednesday?

If you do, we'll have to get together for coffee afterward.

And when you're coming, grab Ian Cumming and Randy Hillier too. :wink: I did actually call Ian's place this morning and gave Mrs. Ian the message.

ATTENTION ALL LIVESTOCK PRODUCERS & ANIMAL BREEDERS

The agriculture and animal breeding industry is being
threatened by animal rights activists who are using
organizations like the Ontario Society for the Prevention of Cruelty
to Animals (OSPCA) to further their agenda. While many of these
charitable agencies do excellent work in cases of obvious cruelty,
there is no oversight or accountability as to how they employ
legislated police power.

This lack of governance is harming good people. Together, we
can restore justice. Plan to attend this important Town Hall meeting
to hear about how provincial legislation in the OSPCA ACT has
already impacted you through:

1. Inadequate legislative definitions;

2. Police powers granted to a charity;

3. No accountability, transparency or independent oversight;

4. Conflict of interest.

Panel of Speakers

John Nyenhuis – Farmer

Carl Noble ­‐ Former Provincial OSPCA Director

Marty Misener – D.V.M.

Kurtis Andrews – Lawyer, Donald R. Good & Assoc.

Tom Black – President, Ontario Landowners Assoc.

Jack MacLaren – MPP, Carleton-­Mississippi Mills

Brussels Auditorium – Wednesday January 16th @ 1:00 pm

I did not even hear about this until now - nope cannot make it.

We know Ian and Randy - and I agree with the comments about the OSPCA

A terrible organization that has hit our own community here very hard.

I hate even the thoughts of them coming up this lane way - there is always an 'opportunity" when they arrive at someones place.

That is the term that is used in their organization - "opportunity"

it is all about who can bring in the most money.

Charity my ass!

Disgusts me.

I will be defending the nation's interests on a short trip to a nice place that is unfotunately inhabited by people who do not like us or our way of life.

Be good and have a great day - I am about to fire up the skidsteer and clean pens for the remainder of the day

bc

Are the Robinson's from your neck of the woods?

Fun times cleaning pens again!

All the best on your upcoming travel. You will be in my thoughts constantly.

Below are a couple of links that illustrate why the OSPCA must be reigned in -

"Farm faces $720,000 in animal cruelty charges"

http://www.farmersforum.com/JUNE2011/p1.htm

"Animal welfare police vs. Mr. Robinson- OSPCA is underestimating the feisty diary farmer"

http://www.farmersforum.com/FEB2012/p6.htm

About two weeks ago, the judge threw out all charges, taking the noose off of the Robinson's neck. But they have spent tens of thousands of $ defending themselves and since sold off the cows.

If my information is correct, the Robinson's are considering a civil suit against the OSPCA for abuse.

They have very broad support from the farming community.

Man you couldn't make this stuff up!

On Thursday, I got home from my off farm job( Hoof Trimming) at about 2 pm. As I drove into the drive I observed a white van sitting in the driveway with no one in it. I put my truck in the shed and walked over to the van. As I approached, a woman got out and said she was from the Stephenson Co animal control agency. Apparently someone had contacted them and told them that I had a dead cow lying in the pasture. She had gone out to the cow lot to check the cattle and found no dead cow. I did find a cow that had some mud on the side of her head. That cow gave 102 lbs of milk for the tester this morning.
It really bothers me that anyone can call and complain. That just gives the government an opportunity to come on your farm and have free range to look anywhere they want.

burnt said:
Are the Robinson's from your neck of the woods?

Fun times cleaning pens again!

All the best on your upcoming travel. You will be in my thoughts constantly.

Below are a couple of links that illustrate why the OSPCA must be reigned in -

"Farm faces $720,000 in animal cruelty charges"

http://www.farmersforum.com/JUNE2011/p1.htm

"Animal welfare police vs. Mr. Robinson- OSPCA is underestimating the feisty diary farmer"

http://www.farmersforum.com/FEB2012/p6.htm

About two weeks ago, the judge threw out all charges, taking the noose off of the Robinson's neck. But they have spent tens of thousands of $ defending themselves and since sold off the cows.

If my information is correct, the Robinson's are considering a civil suit against the OSPCA for abuse.

They have very broad support from the farming community.

Man you couldn't make this stuff up!

I am very familiar with this family - unfortunately EXTREMELY familiar with the OSPCA and only 40 minutes from the Robinson's door - Ian lives only a few minutes from here as well - unless he is running his dairy farm in New York.

Yeah we are connected ourselves and quite well known in this area due to the things my wife is involved with - which makes some locals love her and some government orgs hate her - but that is another story for another time.

Because of my job I am held in check - but that never stopped the old girl from getting into a fist fight - she is the one that needs a leash - tell her I said that and I will call you a liar right to your face! LOL

She has written a lot of articles for Farmers Forum. We know Patrick well. She is a well known writer and photographer in the local area - and VERY pro ag.

You ever get to Cornwall, Alexandria, Chesterville, Monkland, Maxville, Lancaster - you let me know - you can come to the Beverley Hillbillies farm - we only have to drive three klicks to get beer at 50% cheaper than you pay in Ontario - the only good thing about living so close to kebec!

And yeah, we are just that - a hillbilly farm - it is very primitive here - we just barely know what plumbing is here. But we are warm and comfortable and well fed. We also manage to keep the bills paid for the most part.

Cheers

BC

burnt said:
President of the local chapter of the Ontario Landowners Association and yours truly doing a news clip to publicize the issue and promote the meeting -

http://london.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.1107700

Am back on the ground - anythig interesting happen?

bc

Someone once said "It takes a lot to move a mountain, but once it starts, it's hard to stop". I think that a meeting like yesterday is a significant step in getting that mountain moving.

The selected panelists - a farmer (stupidly)charged and convicted by the OSPCA, his veterinarian, legal counsel Curtis Andrews, past OSPCA director Carl Noble, your Jack MacLaren, MLA and Tom Black, Pres. of OLA - all spoke. Their perspectives did an excellent job of illustrating the problem and offering suitable courses of action.

It became very clear to the 300 - 400 people in attendance that the OSPCA is running without any accountability and has moved far beyond their mandate of ending animal cruelty. They've been infiltrated by animal activists/extremists such as PETA.

One OSPCA executive was quoted as making the claim that "... every farm is an opportunity." A young, newly appointed OSPCA officer once sat next to Carl Noble while he was still a director and with her hand over her shiny new badge made the statement to Carl "This is power." That was the moment when Carl realized that they had a problem.

The OSPCA was asked (by CTV) for response to the meeting and issued this written statement "We work within the law to do our job and respond to concerns of suspected animal cruelty accordingly".

What she did not say was that the OSPCA wrote the law, interprets the law, enforces the law with full police powers and determines the penalties.

In other words, they are a private charity with full police powers and ZERO accountability to anyone in the country.

So with the amount of people from diverse interests there yesterday, it was clear that there were some excellent connections made and some new networks formed. Now the next step is to lobby our MLA's and producer orgs into action, a big challenge in itself.

So the meeting just one more step in working for change. But the interesting thing was that there were people there from Owen Sound to Sarnia, and Ottawa to Goderich.

Also, since this meeting generated so much press, there is a much higher public awareness of this abuse of power and people on the street are starting to talk about it with a fair degree of understanding. THAT is another big achievement!

And are shocked.

because they start to understand the situation when they learn that some dog owners/breeders have been charged with "causing an animal to have distress" because their dog(s) had tartar on their teeth. This was interpreted as a sign of improper care . . .

Latest posts