• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Dis

Help Support Ranchers.net:

reader (the Second) said:
interesting questions -- except for people like Red Robin for whom this is an easy issue,
Why are you still sniping at me R2? I originally commented on what it took for the Democrats to get my vote. No decision like unwanted pregnancies are easy. Saving a babies life is the clear right thing legally and morally. Legal and moral relativism won't work for me or a nation. All laws have unwanted consequences but they protect the greater community of people. If a kid gets drunk and runs over someone and kills them they are guilty of manslaughter. Is that fair...??? Probably not . Lots of kids are going to make stupid decisions but justice demands equity.
Killing a baby , unborn or born , should be illegal.

I can assure you I am not politically motivated. I will cease to vote for any candidate, republican or democrat which is proabortion. I am for capital punishment . I am not against taking a life of a guilty criminal. Justice demands penalty be paid . True justice also demands equity. "Liberty and justice for all" . That is the basis of the comment about a criminal being guilty for killing an unborn baby but the mother isn't guilty.

Red Robin said:
I can assure you I am not politically motivated. I will cease to vote for any candidate, republican or democrat which is proabortion. I am for capital punishment . I am not against taking a life of a guilty criminal. Justice demands penalty be paid . True justice also demands equity. "Liberty and justice for all" . That is the basis of the comment about a criminal being guilty for killing an unborn baby but the mother isn't guilty.

How about a candidate who says a woman has the right to choose what to do with her own body, otherwise known as pro choice?

Disagreeable said:
Red Robin said:

How about a candidate who says a woman has the right to choose what to do with her own body, otherwise known as pro choice?
I am prochoice. I think the baby needs to be born so they can choose what to do with their body. Half of those aborted babies Dis are female. Who in your camp is protecting the rights of these women???

Steve - the courts have left the decision up to the woman because it's her body.

yet you advocated casteration for young men so as to make them responsible for the child at conception.

at least I did not try to muddle in the shriavo case to change the subject?

even though you failed to answer why a male is responsible yet a female is not , it did show no one else was willling to defend their position either,

yep had to read that crap in college,

but you said,
I'm sorry, men just do not have the same perspective as women because they are not "stuck" with the consequences of mistakes or teenage lust,,,,And I don't want to hear abstinence because that is not going to stop abortions, rather increase them. How about chemical castration (temporary) for all men under 25 unless they sign an agreement to support any child they father until the child is 18 years of age? That might work.

and still failed to answer why males are responsible at conception, yet females have choice?

seems to me both should take resonsibility for thier actions,

it should not matter if it is a womans chioce to have the child, or not then why is a male held to a higher standard?

Red Robin said:
Disagreeable said:
Red Robin said:

I am prochoice. I think the baby needs to be born so they can choose what to do with their body. Half of those aborted babies Dis are female. Who in your camp is protecting the rights of these women???

Why do you think I care whether you're pro choice or pro life? What a woman does with her body is her own business, not yours. You and the government have no right to invade a woman's privacy in the doctor's office.

Disagreeable said:
Red Robin said:
Disagreeable said:

Why do you think I care whether you're pro choice or pro life? What a woman does with her body is her own business, not yours. You and the government have no right to invade a woman's privacy in the doctor's office.
When a woman uses her body to kill others , society has every right to stop her. If she uses her body to strangle someone or if she strapped bombs to her body certainly there are laws to protect those she would harm. Your position isn't defensable legally . Why is it against the law for a woman to give birth to a baby and throw it in a dumpster but 12 hours before that a woman can hire a doctor to kill it and it is "her" choice?That is reprehensible and unequitable justice.

We have this document called the Constitution of the United States that says that the State shall not "deprive any person of life, liberty or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws" - amendment XIV, section 1.

Did you notice that this doesn't mention which side of the birth canal said "person" is on? And did you notice that "equal protection" makes no distinction between male or female, mother or baby? ALL are guaranteed equal protection under the law, which means, in simple language, that the rights of the mother do not supercede the rights of the baby, nor do the rights of the woman supercede the rights of a man.

Now while I realize that most liberals consider this venerable document to be dreadfully outdated, it is still the supreme law of the land. Abortion is murder, pure and simple. The fetus is not merely a "piece of tissue", as pro-abortion spokespeople are wont to call it, but a human life and as a human, the "pre-born" baby has all the rights of any other human.

Disagreeable said:

That's the same argument that's been used to defend slavery and domestic abuse. What right does the government have to tell someone what to do with his "property"? Why should it interfere in what goes on when a man is "correcting" his wife?

A fetus feels pain and is objectively a separate entity, just like a slave or a wife. Just because one person is in another's womb - or household, or cotton plantation - doesn't make them any less human.

It was asked as to why abortion is such a "hot button" issue when there are so many others that should take precidence.

Because any country which would let its youngest and least able to defend itself of all the people who inhabit said county, to be legally killed, will never find anything else with such utmost importance.

We did not allow Hitler to do the same to the people of his country and that is why we went after Saddam and why there are so many other despots who deserve our attention.

If we can not keep from killing our own children, then what will we ever do right?

We must recognize the rights of all and especially the youngest amongst us! Or we are doomed.

There is not a thing about this story that doesn't infuriate and disgust me. Five years in jail and a fine? The death penalty is too good for these guys.

Alleged Sex Trafficking Ring Members Denied Bail
November 25, 2005

HOUSTON -- A judge has denied bail for six people who allegedly ran a sex trafficking ring, including one woman who authorities said performed forced abortions on illegal immigrants to keep them working as prostitutes in Houston bars.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Stephen Smith denied bail Tuesday for Lorenza "Comadre" Abdulia Reyes Nunez, who allegedly terminated women's pregnancies by force and, in one instance, threw a still-living aborted fetus into the trash.

"We've talked to numerous females who had forced abortions," Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agent Lina Castillo testified this week. She said Reyes Nunez charged ring members $300 for each abortion performed on the women, who had been promised jobs as waitresses but were forced into work such as prostitution to pay off smuggling debts as high as $13,000.

Read the rest here:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/5401564/detail.html

Liberty Belle said:
There is not a thing about this story that doesn't infuriate and disgust me. Five years in jail and a fine? The death penalty is too good for these guys.

Alleged Sex Trafficking Ring Members Denied Bail
November 25, 2005

HOUSTON -- A judge has denied bail for six people who allegedly ran a sex trafficking ring, including one woman who authorities said performed forced abortions on illegal immigrants to keep them working as prostitutes in Houston bars.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Stephen Smith denied bail Tuesday for Lorenza "Comadre" Abdulia Reyes Nunez, who allegedly terminated women's pregnancies by force and, in one instance, threw a still-living aborted fetus into the trash.

"We've talked to numerous females who had forced abortions," Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agent Lina Castillo testified this week. She said Reyes Nunez charged ring members $300 for each abortion performed on the women, who had been promised jobs as waitresses but were forced into work such as prostitution to pay off smuggling debts as high as $13,000.

Read the rest here:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/5401564/detail.html

This is the kind of story that makes me wish there is a hell. I hope those guys get what's coming to them in prison.

Anyone who supports the pro-choice movement, particularly Planned Parenthood, should do some research about its early incarnations. Originally known as the American Birth Control League, the organization was founded by Margaret Sanger, a racist and eugenics advocate who supported abortion and birth control as methods to achieve a purer race. How does that fit in with liberal ideology?

What's your opinion of preg. due to rape, incest or the like?

Curious to see the replies.

probably some what dracoinian, but public casteration and death of the bastard that did it would be a good start, at "educating" the public to this being wrong.

thus eliminating the crime would be a better step then dealing with the concequences of the crime...

kolanuraven said:

Curious to see the replies.

I'm generally against abortion, but I'm willing to make exceptions in these cases. As for fetuses who are disabled, the problem is much more complicated. People with down syndrome and other genetic disorders can be wonderful human beings and contribute a great deal to society. Not too long ago, I wrote an article about a kid with terrible disfigurations due to a genetic problem. His parents could have ended the pregnancy, but chose to keep the child and he has become a source of great joy in their lives. On the other hand, if I found out my wife were pregnant with a severally handicapped child, I'd seriously weigh termination. In some cases, it must remain an option - however, I'm troubled by the "pro-choice" view that abortion can be taken lightly and has no psychological, physical, or moral repercussions. I've known people who treated it this way, but years later their attitude came back to haunt them.

Steve said:
probably some what dracoinian, but public casteration and death of the bastard that did it would be a good start, at "educating" the public to this being wrong.

thus eliminating the crime would be a better step then dealing with the concequences of the crime...

Right on.

I agree w/ you guys...BUT 'MP' can you be be generally against abortion....is that not like being a " little bit pregnant"? See my point here...is would still be killing an unborn person who had nothing to do with the actual crime.

'Steve'....in a Perfect World it would be good to elimnate the crime but rape is based in many centuries of conquest and war and we all know it's not a crime of passion....it's roots usually tend to be much more psychotic . It will never go away.

Me, I'm for abortion... BUT...I think it should be regulated by medically professional people as it is a dangerous procedure. BUT...not as a method of birth control as BC is way too easy to come by these days. In yrs past abortion was about the only BC you could get....today there is too many safe options to consider abortion a way of BC.

Ok...attack me.

Latest posts