• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey GCREEK!!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It's been in drying mode here for a week or so. There is a little activity scurrying around getting machinery in shipshape mode to start. Should have ground ready by the time the next wet system moves in.

Debbie brought home a truck load of parts last night so should finish "spring" maintainence today. :lol:

Have a beef to butcher as the freezer is getting low and a bridge to deck tommorow. Have about 60 acres dry enough to start cutting on Monday.

Well it's good to see things are going in the right direction finally. Don't go busting yer knuckles swinging those wrenches! :)

You will be at the haying for a while now I would assume?

gcreekrch said:
Last year with good weather we were 70 days. A balerman would help, want to come for a holiday? :D

I'm tempted. There's a bit around here to do but there's more that tells me to get away for a while. Not sure what the family would say if I'd make myself scarce around here for a month or two.

Hey, what if they'd decide that they like it better with me gone? That's the real risk!! :? :lol:

burnt said:
gcreekrch said:
Last year with good weather we were 70 days. A balerman would help, want to come for a holiday? :D

I'm tempted. There's a bit around here to do but there's more that tells me to get away for a while. Not sure what the family would say if I'd make myself scarce around here for a month or two.

Hey, what if they'd decide that they like it better with me gone? That's the real risk!! :? :lol:

Heck you could pony express it out. First night to Denny's then over to here the next on to pers and then up to Miocene's then kick it on to gcreek's. :D :D

Big Muddy rancher said:
burnt said:
gcreekrch said:

Heck you could pony express it out. First night to Denny's then over to here the next on to pers and then up to Miocene's then kick it on to gcreek's. :D :D

If the wife only gave him a week to be gone he'd be 3 days late just in travel time. :lol:

hey you've got the distances just about right .4.5 days and you've seen the whole country stay at gcreeks till snow flies then doi it all over again on the way home. happy trails see you in 4 days ?

hey you've got the distances just about right .4.5 days and you've seen the whole country stay at gcreeks till snow flies then doi it all over again on the way home. happy trails see you in 4 days ?

Yesterday went good, everything that was planned actually got accomplished. Bridge needs a little backfill this morning and our beef was in the cooler at 8:30 last night. August fat 2 year old grass heifer can't be beat. :D

Will be bouncing across the rocks and cutting the first hay by noon. I think we're the second to start in this area. most others are still too wet. Crop circles around soft areas will be the motto this year.

gcreekrch said:
Crop circles around soft areas will be the motto this year.

Mrs. Silver was bringing me a sandwich to the field yesterday and got too close to one of those crop circles with the pickup. Fortunately she had a short walk home ( I didn't have a chain), and I got it extricated today :lol:

Latest posts