• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hey Hayguy! Hey buddy!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

CONGRATULATION'S Whitewing, am glad to see that youv'e been busy, that's a lot of hay, especially when you get to meet everyone of them up close and personal, at least twice, maybe more :wink: :lol: thanking GOD that horses need to eat. everone should have at least two :wink: Ha Ha

I think a small round baler would be in order. Something that makes them just heavy enough so as not to be able to lift them by hand :D

been there, done that, had a 4x4 baler that made 600lb bales, feedlots and cow guys didn't like them because they were too little, horse people didn't like em' because they were to big to handle with no equipment. and they couldn't tell how many "flakes" each horse was getting :? then there are the economic reasons (square hay worth a lot more per ton than round hay) long story short went back to squares real quick :wink:

Honestly guys, I'm having the time of my life. It's hard work but a lot of fun and I'm getting to meet a lot of local folks I'd never met before.

I've even had an offer to manage bermuda for a client of mine who has a horse farm about 1 1/2 hours from here. He's been buying bales from me since last year. Even though he has 50 acres of bermuda planted with irrigation and all the equipment necessary to bale, his crew haven't produced a single commercial bale! That's the problem here with an absentee owner.

He was shocked when I told him that I'd sold about 15,000 bales off my place last year with the same acreage planted in bermuda. Anyway, having his equipment available to bale makes the deal work for me if we can come to terms on the pay.

Big Muddy rancher said:
What are you doing in your spare time? :wink: :D

:lol: It rained Saturday and I almost felt guilty sitting around doing nothing. So I started cutting Sunday afternoon and the bottom fell out. :D

Not to worry, I'll be baling tomorrow by 10 AM. :wink:

Latest posts