• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HI

Help Support Ranchers.net:

NUFFIELD

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
New to this forum. I find it very interesting to see how you guys manage your cattle. I find the photos very good,there is a lot of information in them .i live in Ireland and keeping suckler cows here is big business.
Limousin would be the most popular sire used here but there lots of other breeds used. I am supprised how similar values of livestock are.

Looking foward to chat.

nurse cows!!! i suppose every area has its own name for them. We call them suckler cows because the calves are suckling them as opposed to the other cows used for milk production , Thanks for welcome

Thanks nicky.
I have a farm here but its all in crops . I still am interested in cattle farming. The area we farm in is mixed farming . Grain canola cattle and dairy. Rainfall around 30 ins. We had 3 very wet years 07-09 when grain was difficult.
There is a good market here for yearling stock for Italy which is a road and ferry trip of around 1000miles, they like the highly muscled cattle ,belgin blue, charrolis. and lim.they also like bull beef.
most small butchers locally kill herford and angus x for the superior eating quality.however 80% of what we produce is sold off the island.so the main demand is for continental breeds.
i will put up photos when i figure out how, not sure if i have the correct software.

If you have photo's on your computer you have what it takes to get them on here. Most of us use photobucket to upload to here but the photo gallery here works for some. There are instructions on a sticky somewhere I think maybe on the photo contest link. Looking forward to your pics.

Welcome Nuffield! I look forward to pictures from the Emerald Isle! When I first saw your name I was reminded of a particular tractor that we once ran . . .

Glad to have you Nuffield. Hope you pull up a chair and stay awhile. It is always interesting to find out how others operate.

Latest posts