• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hind tit

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

This site is sucken' hind tit. Cattle today lite or heavy, you pick. Just yourn perspective. Lite on the politics or heavy on the hobby farmin'.... Sure not the old ranchers net. Seems awfully heavy handed towards Canadians also. Is not there a place for them to go? Does the Canadian government or the church of England have an official grieving site? I miss the politics of ranchers net. I miss the discussion of everyday ranch problems. I don't care about what longhorn bull runny bill is using. His kids grub and clothes aren't paid by that bulls offspring. I don't particularlly care to hear about the trials and tribulations of being a hobby boy in the south either, thats what cattle today was for. I pray to God some one with affluence starts up another Ranchersnet so I don't have to read this drivel twice. I belong to the KLA and the NCBA and proudly so. However, I have suspicions that this change was made to quash differing opinions and homoginize ranchers views with weekend warriors. Everyone in the U. S. beef business knows that our true problems do not lie in "unsafe Canadian beef", but in unconsistant southern I've got 10, 20, 30.... head of whatever feels good cowherds. Just pruse cattle today for proof of what I am saying.
I miss the Soapweed, Oldtimer, Rancher, Agman, Bob M, Faster Horses, Bev, S H, Clarence, nr, ect. of days gone by.
Joshua Hulse
Bennington, Kansas

Well Joshua, you had better sign up as all those guys plus more are here. Don't be a whiner just get the key board smokin' unless your figuring you can't ranch with the Canadians. :cowboy:

Dear Joshua,
It seems to me the difference with this board is that the Bull Session has compartmentalized out the mixture of topics to the Coffee Shop, Ranch Forum and others so we have to go to those to get it all. It used to be more like hearing a conversation amongst many people where we all chimed in with varying topics from serious to trivial. So now we have to move to different "rooms" to gather info.
Thank you for including me in who is missing cause I'm not even a Weekend Warrior, dear!
Don't you go missing on us now, ya hear?

"Everyone in the U. S. beef business knows that our true problems do not lie in "unsafe Canadian beef", but in unconsistant southern I've got 10, 20, 30.... head of whatever feels good cowherds."

Josh, I agree, but can we say that on here?

BTW, let's see how this new site goes. Give it a chance. If we need to, we can easily and cheaply replicate the old rancher's net board.

This new deal isn't as bad as I first thought. It does take some getting used to, and change is never easy. The posts can be read quicker, and it is nice that an older post that someone responds to bounces back to the top of the page automatically.

It is reassuring to find out Macon Gravlee is 62 years old. I figured he was some 25 year-old second lieutenant type, out to change the world just for the sake of change. Mr. Gravlee, I apologize. I was taught to respect my elders, so from here on out, you have my utmost respect. :)

I think it was Tom S who said he "gave up the bull session for Lent, and then backslid and came back". That was funny, and was what I almost did. Glad I didn't. This will be old hat before long, and maybe we'd be mad then if it was turned back to the original format. Us human bein's is funny folk.

Soapweed said:
This new deal isn't as bad as I first thought. It does take some getting used to, and change is never easy. The posts can be read quicker, and it is nice that an older post that someone responds to bounces back to the top of the page automatically.

It is reassuring to find out Macon Gravlee is 62 years old. I figured he was some 25 year-old second lieutenant type, out to change the world just for the sake of change. Mr. Gravlee, I apologize. I was taught to respect my elders, so from here on out, you have my utmost respect. :)

I think it was Tom S who said he "gave up the bull session for Lent, and then backslid and came back". That was funny, and was what I almost did. Glad I didn't. This will be old hat before long, and maybe we'd be mad then if it was turned back to the old format. Us human bein's is funny folk.

soapweed:
Your one to be respected all of your post come with a gaurantee to be first class your the kind of man men try to be like thanks for that.

Years ago I was at the CAB steer trieal field day in Oberlin, Kansas-long ways from home. I was sitting watching a presentation when an old rancher from Kansas struck up a conversation with me-I'll never forget what he said "I respect you Canadians because to ranch up in those politics and that weather you have to be businessmen not hobby farmers like down here where everybody with two acres and a trailer house has a cow." You know I think he was probably right-one thing I can sure tell is that there's some people would rather whine than embrace any new ideas. Should make COOL and mandatory I.D. lots of fun implementing down there. Maybe a bunch of you should take a tour up here and see what it's like for yourselves-I learned lots on my many trips to the U.S.

guest said:
This site is sucken' hind tit. Cattle today lite or heavy, you pick. Just yourn perspective. Lite on the politics or heavy on the hobby farmin'.... Sure not the old ranchers net. Seems awfully heavy handed towards Canadians also. Is not there a place for them to go? Does the Canadian government or the church of England have an official grieving site? I miss the politics of ranchers net. I miss the discussion of everyday ranch problems. I don't care about what longhorn bull runny bill is using. His kids grub and clothes aren't paid by that bulls offspring. I don't particularlly care to hear about the trials and tribulations of being a hobby boy in the south either, thats what cattle today was for. I pray to God some one with affluence starts up another Ranchersnet so I don't have to read this drivel twice. I belong to the KLA and the NCBA and proudly so. However, I have suspicions that this change was made to quash differing opinions and homoginize ranchers views with weekend warriors. Everyone in the U. S. beef business knows that our true problems do not lie in "unsafe Canadian beef", but in unconsistant southern I've got 10, 20, 30.... head of whatever feels good cowherds. Just pruse cattle today for proof of what I am saying.
I miss the Soapweed, Oldtimer, Rancher, Agman, Bob M, Faster Horses, Bev, S H, Clarence, nr, ect. of days gone by.
Joshua Hulse
Bennington, Kansas

Fragmentation of the cattle herd is always been a thorn in the cattle mans life.With that said I wonder if we would be better off with 3 ranchers in the united states?I can guarantee you if I was one of the three,we would not have a packer problem.................good luck PS register and quit your whinning

Fragmentation of the cattle herd is always been a thorn in the cattle mans life.With that said I wonder if we would be better off with 3 ranchers in the united states?I can guarantee you if I was one of the three,we would not have a packer problem.................good luck PS register and quit your whinning

If you were one of the three Haymaker, then there would be 2 in a hurry!

Jason said:

If you were one of the three Haymaker, then there would be 2 in a hurry!

I been ranching a long time boy,and IM still here .Where are you sitting in some packers office doing clerical work?................good luck

Thanks for mentioning me Joshua:
Didn't think anyone looked at my posts. Maybe now I will post more often. With this format it is a little harder to select and chose without missing some posts. On the other hand it is some faster as it is easier to just not go to the ones that we are not interested in.

Just another one of the oldtimers
Clarence

Gosh, Joshua, thanks for including me on the list of those you miss! It is nice to know you think I have contributed something to ranchers.net!

Please do join us here. I didn't like it AT ALL at first, and was really disappointed that the format changed. However, it is getting easier to navigate, and there really are some plusses. We' really like to have you stick around.

reader (the Second) said:
nr - what would happen if we posted whatever we wanted in Bull Session? I posted in Coffee Shop only to be polite but besides filtering out profanity, does anyone really care if the old bull session folks continue the same conversation in this medium?

Good question. Maybe we better ask the real ranchers.... Hey, ranchers!

Soapweed said:
I think it was Tom S who said he "gave up the bull session for Lent, and then backslid and came back". That was funny, and was what I almost did. Glad I didn't. This will be old hat before long, and maybe we'd be mad then if it was turned back to the original format. Us human bein's is funny folk.

Guess I figured out that it's not the forum style, it's the people posting that made this place what it is....One wish though, I'd sure like to know who the invisible registered users are, :wink:

nr said:
reader (the Second) said:
nr - what would happen if we posted whatever we wanted in Bull Session? I posted in Coffee Shop only to be polite but besides filtering out profanity, does anyone really care if the old bull session folks continue the same conversation in this medium?

Good question. Maybe we better ask the real ranchers.... Hey, ranchers!

Post it all in the Bull Session like the old ranchers.net!!!!!!!

If you were one of the three Haymaker, then there would be 2 in a hurry

I been ranching a long time boy,and IM still here .Where are you sitting in some packers office doing clerical work?................good luck

No, but at least I would be able to do the clerical work and understand it. Being in the cattle biz a long time hardly indicates ones ability to understand the whole industry, especially when in times of great change.

Inheriting a large piece of property and selling a set of calves each year doesn't take a rocket scientist. I happen to have done some work in Texas and understand much of the mentality of ranchers there. Can you say you have expanded your horizons and learned anything about the industry beyond your area? Do you know how your calves feed and grade? Or is it not your problem as long as you make a buck? Thank goodness the packers don't have a way to identify your calves or you might find yourself on a list of not so prefered customers.

Jason said:
If you were one of the three Haymaker, then there would be 2 in a hurry

No, but at least I would be able to do the clerical work and understand it. Being in the cattle biz a long time hardly indicates ones ability to understand the whole industry, especially when in times of great change.

Inheriting a large piece of property and selling a set of calves each year doesn't take a rocket scientist. I happen to have done some work in Texas and understand much of the mentality of ranchers there. Can you say you have expanded your horizons and learned anything about the industry beyond your area? Do you know how your calves feed and grade? Or is it not your problem as long as you make a buck? Thank goodness the packers don't have a way to identify your calves or you might find yourself on a list of not so prefered customers.

I believe my steers will grade as good as the best,you need to ranch in Texas before you start jumping to conclusions,but you could be right about the mentality,we like to keep it simple around here,take care of our cattle ,buy the best bulls we can afford,dont put much stock in EPD'sand I dont give a DAMN about packer programs that you canadians are so fond of.we might feed some cattle to finish when the captive supply reform act is law..................good luck

Latest posts