• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

History review

Help Support Ranchers.net:

It's impossible to sort through all of the R2. Just like it was in Japan. If we bomb them into submission then I personally think we would have the same results...who knows , maybe someday some of those crazy people would be like the Japanese and contribute to society instead of burning our flags and spitting on images of our presidents while shaking their fist or shooting AK-47's into the air. A problem that goes unconfronted just gets bigger. Now is the time.

I don't think Islam promotes terrorism but what I have a problem with and what causes me to stereotype these people is the fact that the Muslems that don't promote it aren't standing up against the ones that do. So yeah I stereotype them because they don't give me a reason to think any different. As for the horse example, how do you know what I beleive about horses? I can tell you this I have trained racehorses and do believe that all racehorses bite, no not just to stereotype them but more for the fact that I have been bitten by more than one, and so I keep it in my mind that they do, so that I will be alert and ready for it. But horses in general no I don't believe they "all" bite but given my past experiences I guess I tend to stereotype the ones I have had do it the most.

I love to deal with racehorses because at home they are pretty good but when you get to the track they turn into another horse and tend to get alittle excited and do stuff they normally wouldn't.

Red Robin said:
It's impossible to sort through all of the R2. Just like it was in Japan. If we bomb them into submission then I personally think we would have the same results...who knows , maybe someday some of those crazy people would be like the Japanese and contribute to society instead of burning our flags and spitting on images of our presidents while shaking their fist or shooting AK-47's into the air. A problem that goes unconfronted just gets bigger. Now is the time.
(STANDING):clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Reader since you are pretty well versed in the subject, why don't we see more of an uprising against the radicals if there are billions of Muslims? Or is this part of their religion?

And all thats fine and dandy, R2, but my position is we start bombing everylast one of them innocent or not. Since they are led by fear, then let them know fear. I bet once they figure out we are not the bad guys but we are going after everyone of them then maybe they will stand up and distance themselves from the radicals.

the fact that the Muslems that don't promote it aren't standing up against the ones that do.

Yes they are.

But again, if you don't want to see it, there's nothing I'm going to be able to say to force you to. You seem to want to believe that all Muslems are either terrorists or enablers.
confused-smiley-013.gif

theHiredMansWife said:
the fact that the Muslems that don't promote it aren't standing up against the ones that do.

Yes they are.

But again, if you don't want to see it, there's nothing I'm going to be able to say to force you to. You seem to want to believe that all Muslems are either terrorists or enablers.
confused-smiley-013.gif
I want to see it Erin..on a scale large enough to make a difference.....show me.

You can Google as easily as I.
I'm not going to go through the bother. If either of you had exhibited uncertaintly, used words like "some" or "maybe", or in any other manner displayed an openess I might try.
But you're both dead sure your stereotypes are right. If you weren't, you would be doing your own research, afterall... :(

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Tens of thousands of angry Muslims marched through Palestinian cities, burning the Danish flag and calling for vengeance Friday against European countries where caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad were published.

Angry protests against the drawings spread in the Muslim world.

In Washington, the State Department criticized the drawings, calling them "offensive to the beliefs of Muslims."

theHiredMansWife said:
You can Google as easily as I.
I'm not going to go through the bother. If either of you had exhibited uncertaintly, used words like "some" or "maybe", or in any other manner displayed an openess I might try.
But you're both dead sure your stereotypes are right. If you weren't, you would be doing your own research, afterall... :(

Exactly the type of answer I was expecting. You are quick to tell us to "they are" but you can't prove it. How do you know? Surely you've seen it somewhere. Right? Or is it that you're not going through the bother because you know it aint so.

It's your claim so provide some proof. Thus far my comments have only been my opinions.

Waiting.....

23 February 1998

Shaykh Usamah Bin-Muhammad Bin-Ladin
Ayman al-Zawahiri, amir of the Jihad Group in Egypt
Abu-Yasir Rifa'i Ahmad Taha, Egyptian Islamic Group
Shaykh Mir Hamzah, secretary of the Jamiat-ul-Ulema-e-Pakistan
Fazlur Rahman, amir of the Jihad Movement in Bangladesh

Praise be to Allah, who revealed the Book, controls the clouds, defeats factionalism, and says in His Book: "But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the pagans wherever ye find them, seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war)"; and peace be upon our Prophet, Muhammad Bin-'Abdallah, who said: I have been sent with the sword between my hands to ensure that no one but Allah is worshipped, Allah who put my livelihood under the shadow of my spear and who inflicts humiliation and scorn on those who disobey my orders.

Guys, if you're truly interested in learning start by Googling "Muslim beliefs". You'll get about 11,000,000 hits but the first page will have several good links.

You might also try "Shia" and "Sunni"

But the hostility you've exhibited thus far makes me less than anxious to be your teacher.

theHiredMansWife said:
Guys, if you're truly interested in learning start by Googling "Muslim beliefs". You'll get about 11,000,000 hits but the first page will have several good links.

You might also try "Shia" and "Sunni"

But the hostility you've exhibited thus far makes me less than anxious to be your teacher.
Hostility???? Come on Erin.

I was referring to subject matter. :roll:

I THINK the solution is part hardline, part propaganda, part diplomacy, part longterm education and reachout.

I think you're right reader. And I think part of "long term education" is not only on the part of (particularly) Middle Eastern Muslems, but also on the part of Westerners. This thread being a perfect example...

Understanding always beats villification.

Well in fear of being labeled hostile, I'll say it anyway, the only way to win is to totally annihilate the enemy. Total destruction, beat them into submission, teach a lesson and start over. I know many won't agree with this but to win at this we have to actually WIN.

theHiredMansWife said:
I was referring to subject matter. :roll:

I THINK the solution is part hardline, part propaganda, part diplomacy, part longterm education and reachout.

I think you're right reader. And I think part of "long term education" is not only on the part of (particularly) Middle Eastern Muslems, but also on the part of Westerners. This thread being a perfect example...

Understanding always beats villification.
What do you mean our subject matter? You were refering to us trying to make us look hostile when we are stating what we believe. Surely hostility would carry some action against others. I don't even think we (I know I didn't) provide all the nasty links of the horrible acts that hamas , al qaeda, and others have committed. It is unthinkable the things they have done in the name of Islam in nations such as the Sudan, Nigeria, Lebanan, and Indonesia...and more I am sure yet you call us hostile. You can have your opinion but I certainly disagree.

It seems here that a lot of people have a fear of the unknown
( Islam)....thus the hatred. How can get over your fear if you refuse to learn??

Oh yeah....beating/bombing someone into liking you....yeah...that's a winner ever time. Sometimes actions do require STRONG actions...that I agree with....but you can't just go thumping on everyone cause if you keep doing that....there will be NO ONE left to like you!!

I've traveled A LOT in the Middle East and know some WONDERFUL Muslim families and have for many years. How many of you...BBJ. Red Robin, X...actually been to a Muslim country? If the answer is NO...then how can you be such experts on things you have no knowledge on.

Oh yeah.....first calf born this PM! Here we go!!!!

kolanuraven said:
It seems here that a lot of people have a fear of the unknown
( Islam)....thus the hatred. How can get over your fear if you refuse to learn??

Oh yeah....beating/bombing someone into liking you....yeah...that's a winner ever time. Sometimes actions do require STRONG actions...that I agree with....but you can't just go thumping on everyone cause if you keep doing that....there will be NO ONE left to like you!!

I've traveled A LOT in the Middle East and know some WONDERFUL Muslim families and have for many years. How many of you...BBJ. Red Robin, X...actually been to a Muslim country? If the answer is NO...then how can you be such experts on things you have no knowledge on.

Oh yeah.....first calf born this PM! Here we go!!!!
So since I have never been to the moon I can't talk about our space program?

I never said bomb them into liking us, I could care less if they like us or not, but I would like them to know the consequences of jacking with us.

I never claimed to be an expert on muslims. I've never been to their countries. Nor do I have any desire to go. The subject here is how we deal with people that hate us. Not trying to be more understanding of them.

What is so wrong with those of us who have stayed at home, worked our asses off and paid our taxes? Why do some of you think our opinion is of no consequence?

Latest posts