• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hope this is the market that greets us sale day!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Apparently there is a demand for the genetics some of my neighbors have- Besides Big Dry, I see where U Bar and the Dighans did quite well with their red angus heifers...

90 heifers for Oct. 20 delivery 550 lbs at $1.61= $885 head....

They probably could use it after all they lost in their shop and haystacks burning this last year.....

http://www.superiorlivestock.com/CatShort.sla?1=1

Big Muddy rancher said:
How can this be OT? R-CALF says the open border will destroy the US markets but it seems to go forward despite the Doom and Gloom of R-CALF.

Could be speculating and expectations of the Canadian Mad Cows of the Month shutting the whole thing down again- and US producers again seeing record prices :wink: :lol: .

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
How can this be OT? R-CALF says the open border will destroy the US markets but it seems to go forward despite the Doom and Gloom of R-CALF.

Could be expectations of the Canadian Mad Cows of the Month shutting the whole thing down again- and US producers again seeing record prices :wink: :lol: .

Seems to me that US producers are seeing record prices with the border open. How can that BE OT?

Maybe the market works better then R-CALF seems to think it does.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Could be expectations of the Canadian Mad Cows of the Month shutting the whole thing down again- and US producers again seeing record prices :wink: :lol: .

Seems to me that US producers are seeing record prices with the border open. How can that BE OT?

Maybe the market works better then R-CALF seems to think it does.

Think what it might be if we didn't have those Canadian Mad Cow of the Months dampening demand- if consumers knew their beef they were buying didn't come from Canada- or that they weren't playing Russian Roulette with each beef purchase hoping on the odds that it wasn't from the Alberta cluster area- or as CFIA now says, the whole infected Western provinces :roll: ......

I would hazard a guess the difference was more do to the delivery date. In this area there are getting to be fewer lighter weight calves in the fall and you are seeing a premium for the guy that calves a little later and doesn't push them. Now this year we all are short on grass and the calves are pretty much all creep fed and heading to town 2-3 months earlier than normal. It looks to me that the buyers want to but calves pretty badly.

Big Muddy rancher said:

Big Muddy I think you are referring to the high price U-Bar heifers. Just goes to show you Red Angus is the way to go. Border or no border they are hot and in demand. :D Plus you can realy spot them on burned pasture unlike the other angus.! :) Just giving you greif but still think about the red thing.

have a cold one

lazy ace

lazy ace said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Big Muddy I think you are referring to the high price U-Bar heifers. Just goes to show you Red Angus is the way to go. Border or no border they are hot and in demand. :D Plus you can realy spot them on burned pasture unlike the other angus.! :) Just giving you greif but still think about the red thing.

have a cold one

lazy ace

What are you getting back at me for the tasting the fungus deal? :lol:
I don't mind red or white cattle, they are easy to spot so I can call the neighbors and tell them to get them out of my pasture. :wink: It was alot easier when I had the only black cattle around and now most here do.

Big Muddy I only dish it out to people that can take it. You might be eating a buffet from now on. :wink:

have a cold one Hope your day is good

lazy ace

Back on topic, hmmmgh :wink: , we sold some of last years light steers that now weighed about 930# for over 110/hundred wt. this last week. Had a handful of lighter steers that sold well too, and a few lighter hfrs. The whole bunch brought just over 980$/hd net. We were very happy with things.

Latest posts