• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

horses and saddle

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Jinglebob

Reaction score
2063.jpg

New "old time" saddle

2062.jpg

"Kid" with the saddle on

2048.jpg

Mares and colts

2041.jpg

Best filly I've ever raised

Good looking horses Jinglebob,how many hours to build that old styled saddle?Whats your plans for that fancy filly?.........................good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Good looking horses Jinglebob,how many hours to build that old styled saddle?Whats your plans for that fancy filly?.........................good luck

I don't remember how many hours. Worked on it off and on for a few days. Didn't have t do to much other than scratch my head and try to figure out how they did them in 1830 to 1850.

I'll get the filly started when she's two and then raise colts out of her if she's as good as she looks. Sure is a classy little devil, in my opinion. My son did the training on her mom and when they folks couldn't ride her as she was just too quick, we bought herfrom tyhem. At 20 days of training, she was so sweet I called her Peaches. :lol: Maybe I'll name the baby Classy. The mare has Peppy San on her papers and the colt will have it from both sides.

Looks like a dressage horse. Although it might be anathema to you, it's worth trying dressage. I can get you the name of a good instructor. My mom did it from her 40s into her 70s. She raised and trained her horse, as well as got my sister to buy a part Hanoverian. Her horse, Lambie Pie, was beautiful and gentle.

There is a lot to be learned from dressage. I am open to anything that helps to communicate with a horse. I've been to clinics and have a couple of neighbors who have gotten real good with horses. It's amazing what you can learn when you keep an open mind and don't dismiss things, out of hand, withut checking them out. :lol:

Most of the good hands all do the basic same things, to help a horse, what ever their background. :wink:

Latest posts