• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Hot

Help Support Ranchers.net:

burnt

Reaction score
90F today with 70% humidity, tomorrow even hotter with forecast high of 97F/36C. :shock:

The grass has pretty well stopped growing until it gets a drink but the corn is still doing well and starting to tassel. The pastures are not going to hold up for long at this rate.

I was doing a bit of fencing yesterday morning and the rocks on the creekbank were sweating condensation at 11 AM. So was I! :?

The cows spend more time in the shade than out on the grass.

This is a big system that is stuck over a large part of Eastern Canada and the US.

Its been 100 plus around here since Friday wit 60% plus humidity. Makes me think of Kansas and remember just how bad I HATE humidity.

You guys don't complain or I'll send you our weather! :wink:

76 hours without rain, I think that's a record since mid May. We'll take it gladly.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Our heat moved out over night and I just came in for a light jacket. :D

Yep--even nippy here this morning as the wind picked up...

74 now at 1PM with 30-40 mph winds...Kind of shut down my spraying this morning- but definitely no bugs...
And beats the 100 degrees of yesterday- and the 92% humidity we had on Monday....

We had that weather change as well.
We have had high humidity here for 3 days, so much so
that we had to buy a DEhumidifier for the basement. :shock:
We had water droplets on the ductwork downstairs,
water on the floor from condensation on the registers
in the ceiling dripping onto the floor.

Our grandson was sleeping down there and he told us
last week it seemed really damp. He should have said
'wet' and maybe we would have paid attention sooner. :shock:

Now today it's dry and windy. Really tough to try to
put up hay. You make a plan and the weather makes
great changes. We're really getting fustrated. Last week
the wind took the windrows off about 100 acres. And
us with no rake. We rented one and just got started raking
when the dealer called and needed the rake back as he
had sold it. We came home from town a day later and
one of our neighbors was in the shop with his new
JD tractor and V rake sitting in the
yard. He said, "I'm done haying. Take my outfit and use it."

That was pretty darn humbling. You can't beat good neighbors.

Oh my god, ya'll are some whiney suckers. It has been over 100 degrees 51 of the last 52 days here! And when it's a 111 with a 30mph SW wind then you know what a blowtorch feels like.

nortexsook said:
Oh my god, ya'll are some whiney suckers. It has been over 100 degrees 51 of the last 52 days here! And when it's a 111 with a 30mph SW wind then you know what a blowtorch feels like.

Not sure that any of us were whining. :? Just makin' conversation about the weather. If that fails to meet your stingent requirements for tempature or wind, blow it out your blowtorch! :lol:

nortexsook said:

Gee after reading this I went outside and caught a chill!!!

No not really, but what it shows is that it's all relative to what one is accustomed to. 100 is very rare around here, and 90 is hot hot.

Hey when is the last time you had 40 below down there? :)

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/category/watch-listen/cbs-11-video-library?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=6063287

We have been very dry but I got lucky July 7th and got 1.8" and just got lucky again about an hour ago when we got 1.3"

The good Lord is taking care of me and mine!

It went from 98F to 74F in about an hour with the rain!

I would love to send to all who need it but I can only get on my knees and give thanks for the blessings I recieve - - - I will ask for relief for all of you!

George said:
We have been very dry but I got lucky July 7th and got 1.8" and just got lucky again about an hour ago when we got 1.3"

The good Lord is taking care of me and mine!

It went from 98F to 74F in about an hour with the rain!

I would love to send to all who need it but I can only get on my knees and give thanks for the blessings I recieve - - - I will ask for relief for all of you!

Our turns comin, just hope it comes soon

I'd trade for that mild humidity right now! Heck, most summer days around here. Watched the weather channell @ 6 this morning and it was already 70 degrees with 93% humidity!!! We're in the mid 90's with close to 100 percent humidity and no, its not raining--its miserable for man and beast alike!!! and we are supposed to be this way for the next few days!!!

It's been in the upper 80's to low 90's here and single digit humidity. There was a short lived monsoon pulse about a week ago, 1/2" of rain was the first moisture since a 5" snow that fell back in February.

Lookin' pretty sad here.

I may of watched to many westerns.. cattle drives from Texas to up north where the grass is better.. These days load those cattle in a Semi and head them up north where the grass is better.

First time on in awhile. We haven't hayed for three years and have almost got out of the habit. Actually sold the haying equipment to keep from weakening. Our weather is similar to Gcreekrch but not as flat or swampy. Enjoyed looking at his ditching pictures and am happy for him as I know how hard it is to clean ditches in his country the old fashioned way. Also glad someone else pointed out the loose tracks. This is the best grass year most of us have ever seen and couldn't be better from a graziers perspective.There are a lot of folks around us that still do hay and could probably have half of their hay up in spite of the weather if they spent a little time pricing out wrappers instead of complaining about how it is getting lodged and over mature. I hope they get some up as we might need to buy just a little if we get snow this winter.

Faster horses said:
We had that weather change as well.
We have had high humidity here for 3 days, so much so
that we had to buy a DEhumidifier for the basement. :shock:
We had water droplets on the ductwork downstairs,
water on the floor from condensation on the registers
in the ceiling dripping onto the floor.

Our grandson was sleeping down there and he told us
last week it seemed really damp. He should have said
'wet' and maybe we would have paid attention sooner. :shock:

Now today it's dry and windy. Really tough to try to
put up hay. You make a plan and the weather makes
great changes. We're really getting fustrated. Last week
the wind took the windrows off about 100 acres. And
us with no rake. We rented one and just got started raking
when the dealer called and needed the rake back as he
had sold it. We came home from town a day later and
one of our neighbors was in the shop with his new
JD tractor and V rake sitting in the
yard. He said, "I'm done haying. Take my outfit and use it."

That was pretty darn humbling. You can't beat good neighbors.

Last yr went downstairs one day similar to this years heat and humidity combination and had a lot of condensation dripping from ductwork. I had been in habit of opening basement windows in the summertime all my life, but after listening to Doug Rye, an expert on energy cconservation and house building, I got the idea to close all outside air entrances to the basement and it solved my condensation problem.

Outside, humid air was coming in and hitting the cool ductwork and causing the condensation. Once the source of the humidity was shut off and all the air in the basement was "conditioned," my "rain" in the basement ended.

It's a balmy +5C this morning and rain with a high today of +12C and more rain :roll: . It really needs to warm up and dry up to get the hay off. I think we had 2 days in a row that it didn't rain and temps around 18 to 20C this month.

Well we thankfully did not reach our forecast high of 97 but are currently sitting at 91 with the 64% humidity making a humidex reading of 110.

Hottest it's been here in a long time.

3 hours southwest of us in Windsor it is 99 with a humidex reading of 120. All that asphalt makes the city a bad place to be.

Last winter with its deep cold and snow seems like a distant memory . . .
:lol:

Latest posts