• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How bad would this make your day?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Yes it was loaded with fats. 13 dead. No it was not mine but it did happen not too far from here.
223150_174844415921455_100001876931960_441321_3490586_n.jpg

On the news this morning they said the trucker was filling out the paperwork outside the truck but did not have his brakes set. It drove in on it's own. I heard the same story by a trucker hauling grain from my place this morning and again from the GM from the feedlot on the radio doing damage control.

I blame "regulatory burden". Too much paperwork. :!:

hillsdown said:
That just sucks ,how awful .. :(

Per did you get that torrential storm yesterday that Calgary got ?
No it followed the Bow and missed us by 10 km. Hayguy should have been in it's path.

per said:
hillsdown said:
That just sucks ,how awful .. :(

Per did you get that torrential storm yesterday that Calgary got ?
No it followed the Bow and missed us by 10 km. Hayguy should have been in it's path.

storm on friday did most of it's business on the north side of the city and then went straight east and then south, missed us by two,three miles TG.we have been lucky so far with them splitting and following the river or the no.1 highway

We drove truck for a few years hauling just about everything, and it sounds to my like this truck driver just needed to remove one part of his body from another! Just my opinion though ;)

highlonesome said:
We drove truck for a few years hauling just about everything, and it sounds to my like this truck driver just needed to remove one part of his body from another! Just my opinion though ;)

I think you have a good assesment of the situation!

highlonesome said:
You mean pull his head out of his ass, hell i would of guessed that right away

Bet that trucker feels about as low as a snake in a wagon rut over the deal. It's not too tough to pull the air brake knobs out. I drove a semi when I was 18 and would have never considered leaving the cab without the brakes on. With no license or experience this just seemed like the obvious route to go, even to a greenhorn.

High Plains said:
Bet that trucker feels about as low as a snake in a wagon rut over the deal. It's not too tough to pull the air brake knobs out. I drove a semi when I was 18 and would have never considered leaving the cab without the brakes on. With no license or experience this just seemed like the obvious route to go, even to a greenhorn.

I'm sure he does feel terrible. He's been trucking cattle for years, and I've loaded his truck many times at the feedlot I work winters. No one knows what happened, but I don't know of anyone who hasn't had one of those 'blonde moments'. His was just more disastrous than most, with dead cattle and a totaled truck that just had a new motor not too long ago.

Thanks for the update DJL, I was going to post much the same comment. I don't know the guy but from what I am told he is one of the good helpful kind hearted types and feels terrible. Any here that hasn't had one of those days hasn't done much yet and your time will come. Hopefully the consequences won't be this bad.

Latest posts