• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How cold is it?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I'm starting to think my thermometer only knows one reading in the mornings-- 20 Below....Thats what it was when I went out to do chores at sunrise-now up to -10...Weather boys say it will get above zero today- and possible double digits tomorrow....At least the sun is shing and very little wind.....

You know it's a windy day when you have to shelter your round bale in willows so that it won't roll away before you can get it speared :D . The temp is a toasty 21, I don't even want to guess the windchill :) . At least the sun is shining!

-31 C on my thermometer right now.

Temp gauge on my tractor quit working today..........she went to the house when we had the last bunch to feed in order to cook Christmas dinner. :lol:

We are warmed up to -5C with a forecast of 11C for tomorrow with RAIN! This should make for some very unhappy cows. And farmer . . .

I will post in another thread what happens to feed intake with these conditions.

Woo hoo, -20C dropping to -27C by mid morning. Feels like a heat wave after 3 weeks of -30C to -40C. Actually supposed to be all the way up to -15C in a couple weeks.

Rod

We went from -3F last Sunday to + 50 F yesterday and forcast + 60 F for tomorrow.

With all the ice we have the ground frozen about 2" down and with all the melt it cannot sink in so it is running off or creating unbelieveable mud!

Next week is supposed to get in the mid 20s at night and the mid 30s in the daytime. ( this is just a little below normal here ) I'm sure glad Al Gore fixed the global warming. With the exception of the odd warmup like we are going thru now we are running about 5 to 10 degrees colder than normal. It was cooler all last summer. Many of the pay pools really had it rough as it was too cool to swim most of the summer. Good side we used very little air conditioning.

Latest posts