• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How does swine flu spread?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Ned Jr.

Reaction score
pic28305.jpg

OMGAWD Too funny
He wanted to know what bacon tasted like beore it was cooked?????

ok now I am wondering does mad cow spread the same way??????????

Note to self DONT let the calves kiss ya.......
Hail its too late I already got it.

MsSage said:
OMGAWD Too funny
He wanted to know what bacon tasted like beore it was cooked?????

ok now I am wondering does mad cow spread the same way??????????

Note to self DONT let the calves kiss ya.......
Hail its too late I already got it.
You do realise you left alot of openings for posts there Sage :wink: :p

Ewwwww,I just want to take the little guy and wash his mouth out for an hour. :lol:

I can't believe a parent could just stand there and take a picture while their kid licked a pig on the nose. :roll:

we used to finish 5000 fats a year and farrowed out 150 sows every 6 weeks... it always seemed as a disease ran through the pigs, you would get sick too. it was always a good idea that when you started treating the water or spot treating pigs, get on the antibiotics yourself......

hell I may have had swine flu and never known it !

Which came first though did the pigs make you sick or did you make the pigs sick ? :?

Reader please post a link to your info regarding people getting chronic wasting disease from deer and elk saliva. I would like to read it. :)

Not that I condone a kids swapping tongue with a pig but I think kids exposed to lots of things while young and possibly their mothers as well make for healthier people.

Seems their are a lot more allergies etc. now days then when kids actually got dirty. :)

Big Muddy rancher said:
Not that I condone a kids swapping tongue with a pig but I think kids exposed to lots of things while young and possibly their mothers as well make for healthier people.

Seems their are a lot more allergies etc. now days then when kids actually got dirty. :)

We all were talking about that here at the farm the day the boys were spreading chicken litter... with the air full of chickenshite dust & feathers!! :lol: :lol:

People, farmers & ranchers, who as kids go barefoot in the barnyard, have all kinds of critters as pets and all the ' stuff' that goes with that seem not to get everything disease, contagion coming down the pipe!

It seems that epidemics, from flu to West Nile, seems to hit the city dwellers harder.

I know us folks in the South are literally chewed to pieces from birth to death by skeeters year round practically, & I don't know of one ' country' person in the near area that got West Nile.

Us out west too! Remember the Hanta Virus? Came from packrats and such. Said to spray bleach and wear a mask when cleaning up droppings. As kids we had pet packrats. And I have cleaned up lots of packrat droppings in sheds and corrals where they moved in over a winter. But Then again, i am immune to Chronic wasting disease by getting wasted a lot as a youth! I can't get west nile cause skeeters need water to exsist! And swine flu will probably bounce off too cause i've worked around those critters a lot too! I do know I am alergic to asphalt, crowds, noise, rap music and democrats! :wink:

leanin' H said:
Us out west too! Remember the Hanta Virus? Came from packrats and such. Said to spray bleach and wear a mask when cleaning up droppings. As kids we had pet packrats. And I have cleaned up lots of packrat droppings in sheds and corrals where they moved in over a winter. But Then again, i am immune to Chronic wasting disease by getting wasted a lot as a youth! I can't get west nile cause skeeters need water to exsist! And swine flu will probably bounce off too cause i've worked around those critters a lot too! I do know I am alergic to asphalt, crowds, noise, rap music and democrats! :wink:

Packrats as pets? You didn't tell us you were THAT POOR growing up! :p

Nor we, we seem to stay pretty healthy out here. MCG will bring things home from school (meaning illness). Scott and I keep pretty healthy and I think it's part of years of fighting off all the stuff we are exposed to as ranchers....e-coli, etc.

Town kids seem to get sick more often than our ranch kids.

I think taking the flu shot will make us sicker than if we don't take it. IMHO

Frank in West Dakota said:
How many on here get an annual flu shot?
I for one don't! Never have and never will! :wink:

Not me, I've never had the flu...nor a flu shot.

I asked my Dr about it....he said " leave well enough alone"

Just found out last night, a neighbour girl came back from Mexico last month, and has been in and out of the hospital ever since. I guess she's displaying severe flu-like symptons. She's a very nice girl, and I hope she beats this thing.

I get a flu shot.You all vaccinate the hell out of your cattle and just roll the dice with your own health. I'd get Broncitis every winter it seemed until I started getting a flu shot I don't know what you all think flu is but it is'nt just throwing up your lunch. To each their own on this one but I'll keep getting mine. I have asthma also so it is more of a precautionary deal for me when your sick and can't breath there's not a more scarry deal out there.

Denny said:
I get a flu shot.You all vaccinate the hell out of your cattle and just roll the dice with your own health. I'd get Broncitis every winter it seemed until I started getting a flu shot I don't know what you all think flu is but it is'nt just throwing up your lunch. To each their own on this one but I'll keep getting mine. I have asthma also so it is more of a precautionary deal for me when your sick and can't breath there's not a more scarry deal out there.
:clap: :clap: Love your first & second sentences!!And your right the flu shots have NOTHING to do with stomach flu's its a combination of three dead flu virus's,that are respiratory.Before people say NO to a flu shot they should educate themselves about why they think they shouldn't take one.

I've had the flu, and caught it from pigs. :shock: Blood samples from sick pigs, to be exact. And you're right, it has nothing to do with throwing up. Aches, pains, high fever, cough, and that "hit by a truck" feeling. Does that make me immune to this one? That would sure be nice.

There's a herd of pigs in Alberta under quarantine after one of the workers in the barn who recently came back from Mexico got sick. That's kind of like a Man Bites Dog story if there ever was one. I bet those pigs get studied, big time.

We're pretty healthy people here,thank goodness we dont live in town or over in Reno.Went to reno to shop yesterday and so many peolple where hacking we got out as quick as possible.Yuck :shock:

Latest posts