• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How long will the Weather Hold?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

it looks like it is over, at least for awhile. temps are going to much colder over the next 10 days. Novemeber was about as nice as one could hope for. hopefully December will come around.......

Hey OT----have you seen our forecast for the next week?? Below zero temps for the night and the highs only in the single digits!! Snow of 3-7" and the HIGH on Monday is predicted at -5!!! Brrrrrrrr!!!

kris said:
Hey OT----have you seen our forecast for the next week?? Below zero temps for the night and the highs only in the single digits!! Snow of 3-7" and the HIGH on Monday is predicted at -5!!! Brrrrrrrr!!!

Yep-- supposed to be 6 below zero here tonight....Only 12 now...And we're supposed to miss most of the snow...
But a ray of sunshine is that accuweather is only predicting it to last about a week- and back into the mid 30's by this time next week :D :D

supposed to start stormin tonite ,maybe get the little woman to snuggle with me all weekend :twisted: 8)

A canucklehead air mass is in the Texas hill country,windy cloudy 60% chance of snow,temps dropin to the low twenties. Been haulin firewood to the fireplace all week,It must be plumb miserable to live in this mess all winter.............have I mentioned I dont like cold weather,bout the only thing good you could say about this mess is its 90 proof weather for sure.
good luck

OK its now snowing..........sure is pretty ever once in 5 or 10 years,now maybe it will head back north where it is appreciated :D :D
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
OK its now snowing..........sure is pretty ever once in 5 or 10 years,now maybe it will head back north where it is appreciated :D :D
good luck

Oh i appreciate it snowing in Texas. :D

Bright sunny day here today. No mosquitoes either. :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
HAY MAKER said:
good luck

Oh i appreciate it snowing in Texas. :D

Bright sunny day here today. No mosquitoes either. :wink:

Yep-- I love it too....Especially- hearing some of the Texans on some of the other web sites like CT... :lol: Sounds like some areas of Texas closed schools because they got a skiff.... :shock: Takes several feet and blizzard conditions to close them around here-- and I don't think anything can cancel a basketball game or tournament :wink:

Sunny here too- and about 18 degrees...Only got down to about 5 here on the river last night- 10 Below at the north place....

we aint equipped for snow around here,hale most folks dont even know what woolies are,much less own some epecially those fancy mohairs like big dummie :D :D
good luck

PS What's the differnce between a canucklehead and a plain ole nucklehead
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^

A plain ole nucklehead has sense anuff to get in outa the snow

:D :D

Don't build the fires too warm Haymaker, them ol' packrats will be really looking for a nice place to nest when it's cold out. Ya might want to go out and trim all the tail hair off of them knotheads too. :wink:

gcreekrch said:
Don't build the fires too warm Haymaker, them ol' packrats will be really looking for a nice place to nest when it's cold out. Ya might want to go out and trim all the tail hair off of them knotheads too. :wink:

I kinda feel sorry for those ole plugs,they are lookin around like what the hale is this stuff,they aint old enuff to have seen any snow before,I reckon they will fur up pretty good if this mess keeps up.
I aint worried about them pack rats up here I got several feral cats hangin around, I cut about 3 loads of firewood before this cool snap set in,when I was haulin it into the house i noticed that one ole cat I call big dummie was sittin on top of it,guess he figgered the more I hauled the easier it would be to catch one. :D :D :D

PS I dont think that ole grey mule lookin horse of mine would take to me trimmin the fur of his ass in this kinda weather.

Snowing and cold here this morning.
Was just blowing last night when I went to bed at 11pm. Some clouds were moving in though.
Not much snow

beautiful December morning here :roll: :roll: -35 windchill....there was a bit of ice on a couple of the tanks this morning :wink:

This teaser of above 0 temps we've had the last couple days isn't going to last long... Now they are even talking potentials for another blizzard conditions possible scenerio....

Winter Storm Watch
URGENT - WINTER WEATHER MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GLASGOW MT
306 PM MST FRI DEC 11 2009

.AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH NORTHEAST MONTANA SATURDAY
EVENING. TEMPERATURES WILL FALL QUICKLY BEHIND THE FRONT REACHING 10
TO 20 DEGREES BELOW ZERO SUNDAY MORNING
AND WARMING VERY LITTLE
SUNDAY. TEMPERATURES ARE EXPECTED TO BE EVEN COLDER BY MONDAY
MORNING. A 10 TO 25 MPH NORTHEAST WIND WILL CREATE DANGEROUSLY COLD
WIND CHILL VALUES OF 30 TO 50 BELOW ZERO
. ACCUMULATING SNOW IS
LIKELY SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH SUNDAY NIGHT. THE COMBINATION OF
THE WIND AND SNOW WILL CREATE AREAS OF BLOWING SNOW.

Weather boys are saying the next 3 nights down around 20 Below or colder- with wind- causing wind chills that could hit 50 Below along with some blowing snow...
I have some wheat hay bales I was saving for the cold weather of Jan/Feb- but might have to roll out a couple of them over the next few days....They should put a little fire in the old girls bellies.....

This old pressure change and weather change sure has my arthritis and sinus infection talking to me today... :(

Oldtimer said:
Weather boys are saying the next 3 nights down around 20 Below or colder- with wind- causing wind chills that could hit 50 Below along with some blowing snow...
I have some wheat hay bales I was saving for the cold weather of Jan/Feb- but might have to roll out a couple of them over the next few days....They should put a little fire in the old girls bellies.....

This old pressure change and weather change sure has my arthritis and sinus infection talking to me today... :(
Just go outside and it will freeze off any sensation and you won't know what hurts. These days are tough on us and the critters.

Latest posts