• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How Old do You Look?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Tommy

Reaction score
Have you been guilty of looking at others your own age and thinking, "Surely I can't look that old?" This one hurts!

I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full name.
Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago.
Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought.
This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face 'was way too old to have been my classmate.
After he examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended Lawton Senior Highschool.
"Yes. Yes, I did. I'm a Wolverine." he gleamed with pride. "When did you graduate?" I asked.
He answered, "In 1961. Why do you ask?"
"You were in my class!" I exclaimed.
He looked at me closely.
Then, that ugly, old, wrinkled son-of-a-gun asked, "What did you teach?"

One time one of my younger cousins was not acting in an appropriate fashion. My grandmother was chastising him, and said, "Do you see all those grey hairs on your dad's head? Your behavior is helping to put more of them there."

I thought it was funny, even though my cousin didn't seem to see the humor.

Iwas never sure whether I should be proud or not when, in our earlier married years, my wife would answer the door and the person standing there would ask her if her dad was in, (meaning me!). She sure seemed to enjoy it. :(

My daughter was discribing someone she met that knew me. She couldn't remember his name, so I asked how old. She said, "Gee, I don't know, old." I said well guess and she named a number a year older than me. I asked her if she knew how old I was and she turned red and said "Oops". I still think I am young until I look in the mirror and wonder where that person snuck in at.

I guess the young thing is something I never had going for me. I was buying beer when I was 16 at Stan Mckellups liquor store in Whitman.. Six pack of ponies for the drive home from school.

I do know that, because our heifers started calving and were done about the time the old cows started in, I haven't got to town to get a haircut for several weeks and I look like I ought to be in a has been rock band of some sort.

Katrina, we have about three inches of snow on the ground, but a lot more melted as it came down. There is just light snow in the air now. The wind has come up at a pretty good clip, and the thermometer reads 24 degrees. We are still getting quite a few calves, and it is nice to turn things over to the night man this evening, as anything calving will sure need to be put into the barn.

Cal, where do you go to get a haircut in Martin? There have been times I would have sure done it, but there are no barbers on Main Street since Gus Jonas died and Mitch Clark retired. You are probably too young to have ever had a "Gus" haircut.

I delivered a trailer to a guy a few years ago he asked me if my daughter would want to run into the store for him to buy a different light plug for the trailer.My daughter ha thats my wife I said he says boy your a cradle robber she's only 2 years younger than I am.

Soapweed said:
Cal, where do you go to get a haircut in Martin? There have been times I would have sure done it, but there are no barbers on Main Street since Gus Jonas died and Mitch Clark retired. You are probably too young to have ever had a "Gus" haircut.

Soapweed, I remember my dad getting those Gus Jonas haircuts, but I never did. Don't think my grandma would of let him.
I usually get a haircut at one of those walk-in places in Rapid City in the mall, or else a place downtown.
My wife got one of those flowbee haircut deals that hooks up to a vaccum cleaner, but not doing that again unless she allows me to reciprocate. :wink:

A couple years ago I was lying on the couch reading when my oldest daughter started pulling at something in my hair. I asked Paigy what she was doing and she said something was in my hair. My wife was in the glider near the end of the couch and could see the whole thing and was too happy to tell me that paige mistook a gray hair for something foreign. I am proud of the battles represented by wrinkles, scars, and gray hairs.

Guilty if charged. Gray as a sophmore, gettin' bald as a senior. Since the statute has run out, bought the first time as a freshman. A couple years ago I woke up and wondered how Dad got in my mirror.

Only on ranchers net could I talk about gray hair with men and feel totally comfortable.:shock: Why is it that men look so much better with gray hair than women?? All I know that there is times when I would feel alot better bout myself if I didn't have gray hair..My husband who is 7 years older than I, doesn't have a gray hair....Hope the boys get his hair color genetics.. Soapweed, we have 8inches of snow that has soaked into the ground, yesterday we had bare spots. This morning when I checked cows the 3-4 inches we got last night had drifted in some areas. We too put some calves in the barn... and strawed the cows out of the wind.....Is this a million dollar snow or what????

Hmmmm Gray hair......I got some...but thank goodness my natural hair color is a strawberry blonde sorta kinda color..the gray (so far) is kinda just blending in....but there's gonna come a day when there'll be more gray than blond...I"m hopin that it is that pretty white gray....ya know...like...platinum blonde hehe

I have a wonderful hairdresser. She had a plaque on her wall that says I'm a hairdresser not a magician......She gives me an inverted frost. Where she puts color in my gray instead of white frost.. And a good haircut is worth a million especially with me because I wear hats outside and don't always get to style my hair...

jersey liley you sound like your a red roan lol. My wife claims trimming my mustache takes ten years off my age lol-it gets a little wild sometimes. Looks are irrevelant anyway-your only as old as you feel and act anyway. I can't stand buddies I have who are 40 going on 80. I've given up trying to look younger than my wife she's gorgeous inside and out.

Latest posts