• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How will the 9th Circut Court rule

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hard telling. If I remember correctly, this is the same outfit that ruled in favor of striking the words "Under God" from the Pledge of Allegance. It wasn't a very popular decision. :lol:

I think any attorney, from either side, that shows up with their same-sex lover wearing Birkenstocks and a hemp shirt with a ACLU button it has a good chance.

They will obviously overturn Cebull's ruling, as everyone knows he was bought. Rulings by crooked judges can not be allowed to stand. The US legal system is a joke, but eventually common sense will prevail.
The only problem is that Cebull will likely rule in r-calf's favor again (he has to earn his bribes), unless some good samaritan does us all a favor.[/b]

redriver...you may have a good point there. If that border opens tomorrow, I will have a change of heart....instead of my $20 going to Fair Market Beef to sue R-CALF, I want it to go to pay for a hitman so that Cebull doesn't get a chance to screw everything up again.

Aaron, I hope that statement about a hitman was just said in jest. I would hate to think someone was threatening the life of a US judge. You might be in a world of hurt.

Aaron said:
redriver...you may have a good point there. If that border opens tomorrow, I will have a change of heart....instead of my $20 going to Fair Market Beef to sue R-CALF, I want it to go to pay for a hitman so that Cebull doesn't get a chance to screw everything up again.

Maybe you could start your own webpage www.Cebull-hitman.com and collect $20 from all the cattle producers across western Canada and then keep telling everybody its going to happen next week and meanwhile do nothing. Hmmm, where have I seen that before? While you are at it, you could set up a forum that nobody ever post on. Good Luck.

SASH said:
Aaron said:

Maybe you could start your own webpage www.Cebull-hitman.com and collect $20 from all the cattle producers across western Canada and then keep telling everybody its going to happen next week and meanwhile do nothing. Hmmm, where have I seen that before? While you are at it, you could set up a forum that nobody ever post on. Good Luck.

Better yet you could get your own dang government weaned off the AMI's teat, open up some markets instead of being US dependant, and then you wouldn't have to blame R-CALF for all your problems! :wink:

Sandhusker, could you please be a bit more ignorant? If you stand behind Cebull's ruling, then you're a true american, i.e. a person who doesn't care about the truth as long as you gain. What a jerk.[/b]

Sandhusker said:
SASH said:
Aaron said:

Better yet you could get your own dang government weaned off the AMI's teat, open up some markets instead of being US dependant, and then you wouldn't have to blame R-CALF for all your problems! :wink:

We spent alot of time and money developing the American market. Why should we go somewhere else just because a group of fringe, isolationists came up with enough money to buy a judge. :wink:

redriver said:
Sandhusker, could you please be a bit more ignorant? If you stand behind Cebull's ruling, then you're a true american, i.e. a person who doesn't care about the truth as long as you gain. What a jerk.[/b]

I can be a lot more ignorant! :wink:

I stand behind Cebull's ruling because the court proceedings went something like this (I have simplified it for simple minds)

R-CALF: USDA opened the border without bothering to find out if there was any risk or not. They have an important job and need to make informed decisions.

Judge Cebull: USDA, how did you determine the risk associated with the unprecidented opening the border to a BSE positive country (Canada)?

USDA: Well, um, we really didn't do anything.

Judge Cebull: Do you think there is any risk in opening the border?

USDA: Yes

Judge Cebull: What is the risk

USDA: Low

Judge Cebull: Low? Low compared to what. Isn't it your job to KNOW what any risks are?

USDA: Ummmmmm, it's just low. We can't back this up with any scientific evidence, but we think it's low. They've tested 40,000 head and only found 4.

Judge Cebull: You say the incidence is low every time they find another. Do you ever change your tune?

USDA: No, we've made our minds up, nothing will change it. However, we would like to point out that they have had a feed ban in place for 8 years, just like the OIE recommends.

Judge Cebull: That last cow was under 8 years old.

USDA: OK, so there might of been some feed left over.

Judge Cebull: Hmmm, you say there is a risk, but you can't tell me what that risk is... did you satisfy your RFA requirement? It looks to me like you acted arbitrarily and capriciously. You're supposed to address alternative plans and explain why they were rejected.

R-CALF: COOL would be an alternative plan

USDA: COOL just provides information, it has nothing to do with food safety or animal health.

Judge Cebull: A label of that sort would allow a customer to decide on whether or not to buy your "low" risk classification, which you came about with no research.

USDA: :shock:

R-CALF: :D

Judge Cebull: :roll:

SASH,"We spent alot of time and money developing the American market."

I don't understand that considering most of the beef coming to this market is via US companies. Exactly what did you do develop this market?

Sandhusker said:
SASH,"We spent alot of time and money developing the American market."

I don't understand that considering most of the beef coming to this market is via US companies. Exactly what did you do develop this market?
Ever heard of a little agreement called NAFTA? We assured the US of cheap and accessable energy.

SASH said:
Aaron said:

feeder is quite right-- Even a verbal threat of death, injury, or harm to a Judge is a Felony crime down here since the passage of the Patriot Act and the associated laws that went with it....Serious business- nothing to joke about :!:

SASH said:
We spent alot of time and money developing the American market.

How can you have developed a market when you don't even label your beef as a "PRODUCT OF CANADA"?????????????? :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

RobertMac said:
SASH said:
We spent alot of time and money developing the American market.

How can you have developed a market when you don't even label your beef as a "PRODUCT OF CANADA"?????????????? :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

It leaves here as Product Of Canada. We are not the ones rubbing off the label.. Whats up with that...you guys can,t produce enough high quality beef, without claiming another countries as your own.

RobertMac said:
OT, you think the Homeland Security folks will pick up on those 'key words'???????????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

That brings up something I've sometimes thought about- NSA is set up with equipment to monitor and record all phone calls and communications pretty much world wide-- and the computers do click in on key words in whichever language they are set up to monitor....

Always wondered how many of my phone calls have clicked a "key word or phrase" :???:

Feeder, not jesting at all. Dead serious. Come to Canada and ask a few families how they feel about all this nonsense and a certain state judge. Went to a dairy farm auction the other day...bank closed them down...they got a total of $600.00 for their last 16 Holsteins they shipped. The wife was sobbing and the husband almost brokedown as well. I listened to a 76 year old retired disabled farmer and friend almost break into tears on the telephone this morning. His only son sold the purebred herd he worked to produce over 40 years and is leaving to Alberta with his young family.

SASH...I have noticed that my cheque hasn't been cashed yet, so I ain't going to get my feathers ruffled over what Morrison is doing. Couple more months and it will be void anyway.

Latest posts