• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HUGE favor to ask please !!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hillsdown

Reaction score
First off, I would like to say thank you all so very very much for the wonderful support you have given me these past few years with all of the turmoil we as a family have been going through . Your encouragement , support and advice is priceless , and I can never express into words as to how much this all has meant to me .

My niece Megan King headed to Toronto today after a clean bill of health from her doctors that she is clear to fly, the blood clots are under control and no longer life threatening .

She is competing in the Miss Teenage Canada Pageant representing our home town of Red Deer, Alberta , Canada. I ask of you to please vote for this amazing young lady that has been through more than some would be able to cope with these past few years , and come out strong, brave and the most loving ,gentle soul I know . Not only is she beautiful to look at but her inner beauty as a kind person shines through always , she is also an honor student, graduating grade 12 this year with her advanced diploma and hopes to attend university and study nuclear medicine .

Here are the links to vote .

http://www.missteenagecanada.com/vip-signup

http://www.missteenagecanada.com/mtcw-finals/finalist-details/403

Thank you all so very much !!!!!! :heart:

I love this girl like she was/is my own daughter and am so very proud of the amazing woman she is becoming .

Faster horses said:
You have every right to be proud! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Can Americans vote for her?

Thank you FH . Absolutely you can vote , they just need an email account and it needs to be confirmed by you . One vote per email address for the contest I believe .

Thank you , every vote counts to get them into the top 20 and then it is all up to the judges !!!! :D

hillsdown said:
Faster horses said:

Thank you FH . Absolutely you can vote , they just need an email account and it needs to be confirmed by you . One vote per email address for the contest I believe .

Thank you , every vote counts to get them into the top 20 and then it is all up to the judges !!!! :D

Voting was easy!!! Hope she does well! Be sure to let us know!
How about facebook, hillsdown. How would I put that on my fb page?

Faster horses said:
hillsdown said:
Faster horses said:

Voting was easy!!! Hope she does well! Be sure to let us know!
How about facebook, hillsdown. How would I put that on my fb page?

Thank you !
Here is her page on Facebook it also gives a link to her blog .
https://www.facebook.com/megankingmissteenagereddeer2014

Some may not have known this but we lost her dad in April of this year to end stage liver failure and her youngest brother Matthew, age 12 now, has been living with E and I out at the ranch since July 2013 . He was in 4h this year for the first time ever and placed 2nd in showmanship for his age group . He loved 4h and he loves all of the livestock , it was a new one for me too . I wish I could have been in something as awesome as 4H growing up but I too lived in the city . Matthew also wants to show a heifer of ours at Farm Fair this year in Edmonton, he has been bitten by the show bug ..

I love these kids like they were my own , and my husband does as well. The best part is that they want to learn all they can about where their food comes from and appreciate how hard the livestock and ag sector works to get it to them .

The girls will be on Breakfast TV at 6:20 am eastern time , so if you are up and can watch it ...

I have my alarm set and it is 4 am our time ugh .. I told her you know Megan I must really love you if I am up at this time and it is not calving season .. :lol:

Thanks again everyone for voting !!

hillsdown said:
The girls will be on Breakfast TV at 6:20 am eastern time , so if you are up and can watch it ...

I have my alarm set and it is 4 am our time ugh .. I told her you know Megan I must really love you if I am up at this time and it is not calving season .. :lol:

Thanks again everyone for voting !!

You must not have a DVR to record things that you want to watch later.
We record a lot of programs around here.

How was the breakfast show?

Hay Maker and Hayguy , thank you !!!

FH no DVR here AND we only have the satellite hooked up to the big screen on the main living room so really only one TV in the house, much to the dismay of my nephew who if he could, would spend all day watching cartoons .

Megan looked beautiful as usual , so glad I was up and able to watch it live as we got to text back and forth after their appearance . My mom also got up to watch it too ( Megan's grandma ) .My mom has been a huge positive and constant force in all of our lives . I/we are so very blessed to have such a phenomenal family structure in our lives.

Here is a link to todays show , she is in the first row on the very far left in a black skirt .
http://www.bttoronto.ca/videos/3688324451001/

[/quote]

They will be on Global Toronto morning show tomorrow morning around 7am eastern time. If I get up again that early I hope that this time they finally interview her ...

She is having the best time ever and is cherishing and embracing each and every moment and event so that she will have these memories with her always .

THANK YOU ALL , your kindness and well wishes are very humbling . I am grateful for all of the overwhelming support and so is Megan .. :D

Picture from a photo shoot today 07/24

Megan made it into the top 20 but did not move into the top 10 . I am still very proud as to make top twenty out of close to 70 delegates is still pretty darn good . She also was awarded a $1500.00 scholarship and was invited to compete in Canada's Next Top Model. Only a handful of the contestants were asked to compete in this elite modeling competition in the search for Canada's next supermodel .

Thank you all so very much for your support and kind words !! :tiphat:

Latest posts