• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

HVAC Ranger

Help Support Ranchers.net:

OHHH, the heater is great. Cab is so much better than the Honda, no comparison. It's like LA LA~ It will go fasssst but there is snow on the ground now....stormy the past couple of days.
I have pictures on my phone, but I don't know how to get them over here. I've been trying. I got them to gmail but now I'm stuck....can you help? Was going to send you a message.

Faster horses said:
OHHH, the heater is great. Cab is so much better than the Honda, no comparison. It's like LA LA~ It will go fasssst but there is snow on the ground now....stormy the past couple of days.
I have pictures on my phone, but I don't know how to get them over here. I've been trying. I got them to gmail but now I'm stuck....can you help? Was going to send you a message.
When we looked at this place the relators hired a Polaris from the fencing out fit in Sundance . Hard cab , heater was nice and he had tracks on for the winter...

The cab is deluxe compared to the Honda. Even has movable drivers seat, steering wheel adjusts and the heater really works. It's fitted very tight, the Honda you could see daylight where the doors fit.
The air conditioning will be super nice this summer!

We have heard the Can-Ams are nice, but they too, are hot inside. The cabs are better than the Honda. I think
Honda just doesn't care...sad to say...

The reason he bought the Honda in the first place was because of the transmission. That was nice, but not worth
what was lost in the rest of the vehicle. The Polaris has a low speed so I bet it will be just fine. Soapweed has
run Polaris for years, he's a smart guy!

Has Polaris fixed their lack of hold back issue? That's been by biggest beef with their products. Start going down hill and eventually they just freewheel, gotta keep playing with the throttle to keep it engaged. A real PIA. I hope so, because I'd like to upgrade to a newer Ranger one day, and have considered the Honda just because of that.
Also, the rope winch line is a must for me, I hope to never end up with cable again.

I guess we will find out eventually. The transmission on the Honda is why Mr FH bought it to begin with. The Polaris has a low speed and he says it feels like it will hold back, but we haven't used it in that capacity yet. The salesman pointed out that the low speed is designed to work better to restrict it going downhill than the previous models.

It's a small dealership we bought it from and there were 3 Hondas on the lot that had been traded in. All who traded complained of the heat inside the cab and the quality of the cab.

Polaris has a rope winch line...for a price...Do you not like cable because it can get brittle, it can be hard on your hands or what?

Faster horses said:
I guess we will find out eventually. The transmission on the Honda is why Mr FH bought it to begin with. The Polaris has a low speed and he says it feels like it will hold back, but we haven't used it in that capacity yet. The salesman pointed out that the low speed is designed to work better to restrict it going downhill than the previous models.

It's a small dealership we bought it from and there were 3 Hondas on the lot that had been traded in. All who traded complained of the heat inside the cab and the quality of the cab.

Polaris has a rope winch line...for a price...Do you not like cable because it can get brittle, it can be hard on your hands or what?

I'll be interested to hear how it does with the hold back.
I like the rope for it's strength, ease of use, doesn't get brittle, easier to repair if damaged, really there is no comparison IMO. I will never go back to cable if the rope option is available.

Silver said:
Faster horses said:

I'll be interested to hear how it does with the hold back.
I like the rope for it's strength, ease of use, doesn't get brittle, easier to repair if damaged, really there is no comparison IMO. I will never go back to cable if the rope option is available.
I think if it had more engine braking it would be annoying. But get the 1000.
https://ranger.polaris.com/en-us/ranger-xp-1000-eps-polaris-pursuit-camo/specs/

But then again there's always blue. :wink: :twisted:
https://assets.cnhindustrial.com/nhag/nar/en-us/assets/pdf/utility-vehicles/rustler-blue-crew-brochure-us-en.pdf

The Kubota is like 24 hp and an empty weight of 2400 lbs. with a top speed of about 24 mph (downhill), compared to 82 hp and 1875 lbs. dry weight with a very respectable top speed for the Northstar Ranger. Pretty sure you made the right choice.

Just noticed it got an extra 110 miles in the last 24 hours, mostly through the slop, in heated comfort of course. It's a lot easier getting in and out of then the JK Jeep Wrangler I got.....or probably any small pickup.

Faster horses, there's a free update for the centrifugal clutch if you have problems on the 1000s.....so make sure you come up with a complaint, like creeping ahead at idle or sticking in gear, and have it done. You don't want to miss this.

Traveler said:
Faster horses, there's a free update for the centrifugal clutch if you have problems on the 1000s.....so make sure you come up with a complaint, like creeping ahead at idle or sticking in gear, and have it done. You don't want to miss this.Thn

Thank you for the information. It might stick in gear a little. Good enough for the free update... :D

UPDATE! We have been to the mountains with our Polaris Ranger and Mr. FH is very pleased with how it handles down hill going.Whatever the problem was with hold-back going down hill must be fixed in the new Rangers. The dealer told us they were much improved and he was right.

He loves the cab and how tight it is. It was very windy and cold up there one morning and he sat in the cab drinking his coffee and it was very enjoyable. The Honda was never, ever enjoyable because of the poor fit of cab and Honda
doesn't care.

He's used the A/C in the Polaris all summer and it has worked very well. So today, he would give the Polaris Ranger 5 Stars. :D

That's awesome! Money well spent. Here is the work order for the clutch update. Make sure you do it....big bucks if you have to pay for it yourself. The RSA-19-01A is what's pertinent, and we know someone who's dealer kept him in the dark about it.

Latest posts