• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

I need a belt

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher

Reaction score
:D :D Yesterday the serpentine belt came off my Dodge diesel so since I have the parts store number committed to memory I called from the field and got one ordered. It and other parts were in this morning so Tam picked it up. then I went baling this morning and on the first bale proceeded to run a belt off the baler. I had one at home. Not a bad job, Dad gave me a hand and it took only a few minute. I baled the rest of the day. After supper I went up to put the belt on my Dodge.Geez what a process. I have a hydraulic pump in the way :x Finally it got to dark to see. I am pretty sure I have it routed right but have to get a little tension off to get it over the last pulley.

I need a belt. :drink: :cowboy: :nod:

Well once I sobered up :wink: and got some daylight it wasn't to bad to change. I had to move the alternator enough to get the belts past the pulley on the hydraulic pump. I got a 3/8 drive ratchet in the tension idler from underneath and put the belt on the AC pulley last. worked pretty slick but then had to put everything else I had taken off back on. :?

Finally got the wind blown hay baled, raked and baled again. :D

Now I got moved to the place at town and start all over again.

The end is in sight I just binoculars to see it. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts