• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ILL BE DAMNED ,NOT AGAIN

Help Support Ranchers.net:

HAY MAKER

Reaction score
NCBA President Jim McAdams March 18, 2005: "NCBA has outlined eleven key issues that must be addressed before our border is opened to Canadian cattle. This litigation has pre-empted our ability to resolve these issues."

McAdams on March 1 before the House Ag Committee: "Many of our concerns have already been addressed. We must expand access to get access. USDA's rule (to reopen borders) is generally consistent with NCBA policy. We realize there can't be progress made on some of our 11 points. We are more confident that we can absorb the flow of cattle from Canada. We support moving forward with the border reopening."

Reality Check for President McAdams: Without litigation U.S. borders would have been reopened on March 7 which USDA's own economic analysis said would cost U.S. cattlemen $2.7 billion in losses. NCBA did absolutely nothing to prevent the March 7 border reopening. R-CALF did. In fact, despite what its membership told NCBA leadership in its 11 point directive, the outfit is now pressing in every direction to reopen borders -through testimony before Congress; opposition of the House Resolution of Disapproval; and lobbying hard in Washington for the border reopening with individual congressional members. Not only is NCBA misrepresenting its grassroots membership, NCBA is advocating deception of U.S. consumers suggesting that, by telling the truth about the risks of BSE, consumer confidence is being compromised. NCBA chooses to lick the boots of its packer masters rather than partnering with the cattle industry's greatest asset - THE CONSUMER.

NCBA is caught between a rock and a hard place. Puppets don't usually do well in these situations.
On one hand they are saying get the border open, on the other hand get the exports back first. But when neither happens they say nothing.

Mike said:
NCBA is caught between a rock and a hard place. Puppets don't usually do well in these situations.
On one hand they are saying get the border open, on the other hand get the exports back first. But when neither happens they say nothing.

You are right MIKE, you cant be everything to everybody,I believe NCBA will continue its decline............good luck

Quote: "NCBA did absolutely nothing to prevent the March 7 border reopening. R-CALF did."

While NCBA is focused on regaining normalized trade, which would result in higher cattle prices for U.S. cattlemen ALL OTHER THINGS BEING EQUAL, R-CULT is busy risking the integrity of the U.S. beef supply by suggesting that current BSE precautionary measures do not assure consumer safety.

It's obvious who the village idiots are here.

IMO, NCBA made a mistake by expecting our export markets to open before we open our borders to Canada.

NCBA should stay with the science and let R-CULT hang themselves by lying to the consumer.

~SH~

Sandblaster: "What exactly is NCBA doing to regaining normalize trade?"

Providing factual information to U.S. trade negotiators to Japan to assure Japan that the BSE precautionary measures we are taking are sufficient to ensure consumer safety.

NCBA went to Canada to see first hand their feed ban compliance.

Quite a contrast from R-CULT's "fear mongering" lies to the contrary in the Washington Post.

~SH~

Sandblaster: "What "factual information" are they providing?"

You aren't looking for the truth, you are looking for the chink in the armour so if you think I am going to do your reaserch for you, which you wouldn't believe anyway, you got another guess coming.

I figured you out a long time ago.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandblaster: "What "factual information" are they providing?"

You aren't looking for the truth, you are looking for the chink in the armour so if you think I am going to do your reaserch for you, which you wouldn't believe anyway, you got another guess coming.

I figured you out a long time ago.

~SH~

I just figured that if you knew NCBA was "providing factual information", you would know what "factual information" they were providing or you wouldn't of said anything. :wink:

This is your chance to make NCBA shine, but I guess it's up to you if you want to back your posts or not. :p

Who is it that likes to say "Talk is cheap"? :wink:

quote...McAdams .. We realize there can't be progress made on some of our 11 points. We are more confident that we can absorb the flow of cattle from Canada. We support moving forward with the border reopening."

So Mr. McAdams do you just not try to make progress? Was it just lip service to keep some of your members happy? Did you consult all of your members before you decided not to back all 11 points?

Latest posts