• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Im Lookin at a Paint Registerd with the APHA

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Thanks Katrina, Lemme see if I can get hold of the owners and get a name.
good luck

HAY MAKER said:

The top side is nothing I know of or would even consider. I seen a picture of the king van rustus and he's not for me I guess....

Now the mare side... Dash for cash, easy jet and Doc bar and maybe some rocket wrangler way back there..... the mare should be able to run.... What!... are the gals down in your country that fast!! Why don't you visit my friend Chimenea for a really good using horse. And one you won't get hurt on.. And when your done with the horse you can give him to me... LOL I could even guide you to the right horse for me anyways..... :lol: :wink:

Faster horses said:
Haymaker, did you know that SSAP, who is a member of this forum
raisies Paints? You might send her a PM and she could tell you about
the breeding of the horse you are interested in.

Good luck. :p
Yeah, try to hook up with S.S.A.P. HAY MAKER. Who knows - might be something special come out of it. :heart: :heart:

Texan said:
Faster horses said:

Yeah, try to hook up with S.S.A.P. HAY MAKER. Who knows - might be something special come out of it. :heart: :heart:

Well I have always wanted to do a little horse tradin with her, but kinda worried she might take advantage of me, plus the little devil can get onery at times. :D
good luck

Faster horses said:

Yes I know who she is, wonder where she is kinda hard to tell with her she has had about 1/2 dozen user names :D
If she was closer I sure would hafta start being nicer to her I think she does have a paint I would be interested in, maybe i can get her to trailer one to Texas and take her honky tonking ...........on secong thought maybe not she get down here and get to liking it and try to cold trail me ever where :D
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

Yes I know who she is, wonder where she is kinda hard to tell with her she has had about 1/2 dozen user names :D
If she was closer I sure would hafta start being nicer to her I think she does have a paint I would be interested in, maybe i can get her to trailer one to Texas and take her honky tonking ...........on secong thought maybe not she get down here and get to liking it and try to cold trail me ever where :D
good luck

Dream on................................... :pretty: . :lol: :lol: :lol:

katrina said:
HAY MAKER said:

The top side is nothing I know of or would even consider. I seen a picture of the king van rustus and he's not for me I guess....

Now the mare side... Dash for cash, easy jet and Doc bar and maybe some rocket wrangler way back there..... the mare should be able to run.... What!... are the gals down in your country that fast!! Why don't you visit my friend Chimenea for a really good using horse. And one you won't get hurt on.. And when your done with the horse you can give him to me... LOL I could even guide you to the right horse for me anyways..... :lol: :wink:

Thank you, Katrina :D

So, should we price Haymaker's horse high enough to cover the cost of the additional horse for you, or would you prefer we mail you a commission check when Haymaker's check clears? :wink:

Thank you for the attaboy :tiphat:

katrina said:
HAY MAKER said:

I appreciate the offer but the mare in question was'nt a horse for me it was a horse for a lady I know that is looking for a barrel horse, she just wanted me to get the mare civil again, you know mares are alot like women and its my job to tame a few of em, thats what Im good at :D
good luck

HAY MAKER said:
katrina said:
HAY MAKER said:

I appreciate the offer but the mare in question was'nt a horse for me it was a horse for a lady I know that is looking for a barrel horse, she just wanted me to get the mare civil again, you know mares are alot like women and its my job to tame a few of em, thats what Im good at :D
good luck

Well, that's alright, Haymaker, I can get a barrel prospect for you, too... a gelding, even, that will be a lot easier for you to talk some sense into, even.... :D

HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

good luck

If you're payin' Haymaker ... we'll talk :shock: We'll swing by Texan's and see if that old coot can keep up with us :p
Kinda surprised that you'd even consider it after that little slip when I did the surgery on you :p Sure hope you've recovered enough to cowboy up :wink:

About the horse in question - sire was homozygous - sired 70+ foals over a 9 yr period - none with APHA points but that hardly means anything - could have been darn good usin horses or with assoc earnings (NRHA, NCHA etc). I had to go way back to recognize anything on the top side. The Dam being a AQHA, I didn't find anything on her (have already used up my monthly freebie allotment on the AQHA site). Nice mix on the mare's pedigree. The mare for sale has 3 full-sibs (1 mare/2 colts)

I do have a bit of a hangup with homozygous horses .... for so many years that's all they bred for - the homozygous line - I've seen a pile of poor conformation (which does lend to poor attitudes because of soundness/pain). You might want to have radiographs done for joint/bone problems if the training/riding program is unknown. Who knows, she might be a good deal - pedigree isn't a guarantee for anything.

Here's my ponies - http://southshadow.homestead.com/Horse.html - but you'll have to wait for the delivery. A tornado picked up our truck and 28' aluminum trailer and totalled both off - hubby walked away with only a black eye. Finding a replacement dually is not going so well. General concensous (sp) is we shouldn't get another Eby - need a good heavy Norbert I think!!!!!!!

Chimenea said:
HAY MAKER said:
katrina said:

good luck

Well, that's alright, Haymaker, I can get a barrel prospect for you, too... a gelding, even, that will be a lot easier for you to talk some sense into, even.... :D

Yeah..... I can just see it: Haymaker rides up on this beautiful gray horse....
Women ask him what the horse's name is..... Haymakers says "Roses n Bubbles." Better than a cute dog to pick up chicks...

katrina said:
Chimenea said:
HAY MAKER said:
good luck

Yeah..... I can just see it: Haymaker rides up on this beautiful gray horse....
Women ask him what the horse's name is..... Haymakers says "Roses n Bubbles." Better than a cute dog to pick up chicks...

:shock: Roses N Bubbles is even a mare, just like you like, Haymaker :D

S.S.A.P. said:
HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

good luck

If you're payin' Haymaker ... we'll talk :shock: We'll swing by Texan's and see if that old coot can keep up with us :p
Kinda surprised that you'd even consider it after that little slip when I did the surgery on you :p Sure hope you've recovered enough to cowboy up :wink:

About the horse in question - sire was homozygous - sired 70+ foals over a 9 yr period - none with APHA points but that hardly means anything - could have been darn good usin horses or with assoc earnings (NRHA, NCHA etc). I had to go way back to recognize anything on the top side. The Dam being a AQHA, I didn't find anything on her (have already used up my monthly freebie allotment on the AQHA site). Nice mix on the mare's pedigree. The mare for sale has 3 full-sibs (1 mare/2 colts)

I do have a bit of a hangup with homozygous horses .... for so many years that's all they bred for - the homozygous line - I've seen a pile of poor conformation (which does lend to poor attitudes because of soundness/pain). You might want to have radiographs done for joint/bone problems if the training/riding program is unknown. Who knows, she might be a good deal - pedigree isn't a guarantee for anything.

Here's my ponies - http://southshadow.homestead.com/Horse.html - but you'll have to wait for the delivery. A tornado picked up our truck and 28' aluminum trailer and totalled both off - hubby walked away with only a black eye. Finding a replacement dually is not going so well. General concensous (sp) is we shouldn't get another Eby - need a good heavy Norbert I think!!!!!!!

Well, that's the pitts. Glad that no one was injured! What kind of
dually are you looking for? Hope you get everything back together soon.

I agree with you about the homozyous paints. Some of what they carry
can be nasty to deal with. Not for me....too bad some breeders did
anything for color. A rancher in Wyoming years back had a lot of Leo
bred mares and those mares sometimes threw the odd white~this was
before APHA~and he'd give those to his hands. There were some
SWEEEEEET horses that he gave away. Pretty, plus lots of ability!

S.S.A.P. said:
HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

good luck

Is that the second trailer trashed by the wind?

S.S.A.P. said:
HAY MAKER said:
Faster horses said:

good luck

So sorry to hear about the damage from the tornado, SSAP, though I'm really glad nobody was seriously injured.

Really enjoyed your website; you have a very nice set of horses and good looking cattle. A lot colder country than I'm used to, though. :)

When looking through your mares I did a little bit of a double take; a fellow named Joe Taylor in Utah has raised a bunch of quarter horse mares named Mexicali (something): Mexicali Promise, Mexicali Princess, Mexicali Champagne, Mexicali Countess, Mexicali Martini, and on and on.... I thought you might have bought the mare from him. When I checked her out in more detail, though, it doesn't look like they are bred the same way, so I think it might be just coincidence.

I've only run across a handful of homozygous tobiano horses to which I would have liked to breed some of my mares. Spoon Jet was one of them; Preminitions Tramp and Ima Switch Hitter were pretty nice, too. I'm sure there are more of them out there, but those are the only ones that really come to mind. And I've seen a lot of them advertised (mares, too...). But usually, when I see homozygous tobiano as the headline of an ad, implying that being homozygous is the best thing the horse has going for it, it turns me off more than anything else. Kind of like perlinos/cremellos and horses advertised as homozygous black (or homozygous anything, really).... Not that there aren't any good ones out there, because there certainly are; but the vast majority of them are just horses. Just not my cup of tea, I guess, after seeing too many horses that were very apparently bred primarily for color, with quality not the highest priority...

Latest posts