• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Impaled on a piece of protruding pipe

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Yep, that old cow was on her way to being mutilated by space aliens and they musta dropped her. :wink:

I read this last night and the viewer # has doubled to 1040 plus. I wonder how many seen the picture and went looking for potential hazards around the place yesterday, today and probably tomorrow? 8)
Can say there is one thing about riding a horse - the height gives you a different perspective. Of course there are some things that are always going to hurt no matter what angle you hit them at! :wink:
:p Thanks Soapweed for making a lot of us clean up odds and ends. :D

I wonder if Paul Newman is available in NE? :wink:

I bet the cow getting rode just ran by that stub and rubbed her off. I wonder how many hundred others were wiped off over time, but never "got the shaft"?

Could as just as easily been a $3,500 bull instead of a $1,400 cow.

Badlands

I lost one of my work mares one time, during fly season. Went out and found her astraddle of a low barbed wire gate, both front and back. Pretty gruesome and it sure broke my heart. I was sure glad she had died and I didn't have to put her out of her suffering. I kept telling myself that she went quick. I hope I am right. :cry:

Charlie said:
Aliens :D :D now that was funny. Boy if the folk from the tabloids ever caught wind of that (joke) I could just see it now...

Charlie- that wasn't really a joke around here for quite awhile back in the 70's early 80's...Every cow a rancher found dead that the coyotes had ate the bag or rear end out of- or the mice and vermin had ate the lips/tongue off of, automatically became the results of foul play from aliens and/or cultists....Sheriffs and Brand Offices were receiving calls daily- one deputy sheriff in Great Falls even got so involved he wrote a book about them...

I might have to look that book up :wink: No that you mention it, I do remember hearing about the cattle mutalations going on back then.

Faster horses said:
OT, you mean to tell me that WASN'T the work of alien creatures?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :p :wink:

I never could get one to confess to it FH :wink: :lol: :lol:

We looked at hundreds- maybe thousands of dead cows that were under question- and all we looked at could be tied to animals or something natural...The razor sharp cuts in the hide and flesh could all be shown were because of small animals and natural bloating of the body smoothing out the teethmarks...

A District Inspector and I even spent several days in a blind video taping- to prove to the skeptical, what was causing it...

I understand there is a new gal out there operating- believe its in Colorado, New Mexico area trying to prove cattle mutilations by aliens...

Faster horses said:
Mr. FH told me all along that it was caused by many animals.

But me, I liked the alien idea... :wink:

Now I have to tell him he was right...after all this time. :shock: :p

Serves you right, for arguing with a good man! :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

had a cow try and hop over the fenceline bunks end up the same way.after a day in the summer sun, thank god the loader had a cab on it.

Latest posts