• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

In 33 days after 33 years this place is no longer home

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cowboyup

Reaction score
The final word came down the first week of november that there was no chance of renewing the lease. I think I would feel better about losing this place had I made poor business decisions or just plain screwed up. The owners put their 50 year old son (who didn't have a business or even a job that his parents didn't get for him) in charge of the place about five years ago. He got in bed with the environmentalists about building wetlands with irrigation water and then with his new guy after they fired their long time general manager got to looking at all the hay I was putting up and the cows I was running and just figured I was making money hand over fist so they decided to do what ever they could to take away my renewal option. I have been fighting them for three years and finally lost. I guess the saddest part will be watching them destroy everything I worked so hard to build over the years. Me I am sure will be fine as there is always another bronc to ride but its kinda tough trying to stay round here close for my boys.

Sorry this is happening to you....thats a long time...bet you tripped over the same rock more than once.....Everybody things us cattle farmers make money buy the pickup loads..I think it has something to do with HOW HARD WE WORK

Yep--cowboyup-- I feel for you too.. Everything happens for a reason- and I always want to think it will be a positive one...

Latest posts