• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

in the flash light beam

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Dead deer it's nose chewed up about 60 yards from the house , right in front of a closed gate, the Bum calves wouldn't come down to thier grain this morning and the replacement ewes had gotten out onto the big hill pasture. It is still dark we found them just wondering what preatator caused all the ruckus. Just glad my little bunch of stock is ok. Guess the lambs can go back with the ewes and gaurd dog.

gcreekrch said:
Grizzly will most often chew the face off what they kill first, seems they don't like being watched.

You got cougar there?
we thought Lion, but when sunlight hit and we found the lambs and put them down with the ewes (who should be dry) we came back and looked there was a small calaber bullet hole entry on top and exit on bottom.....

I thought, cool I can comment on this question, I have investigated several deer/ sheep and one llama killed by Cougar. They have a tendency to bite from the top of the neck once or twice crushing until the prey suffocates. Easy to see if you skin the neck out, where as Coyote leaves multiple small bites easly seen when skinned. Ok never mind killed by two legged hunter. :) :)

Latest posts