• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Inflation

Help Support Ranchers.net:

cedardell

Reaction score
Is it just my local elevator or has the price of steel fencing gone up about 25%?

The price of steel went up all over. Last year we were told, steel price went up due to China importing large amount from us. True or false, that is what we heard.

feeder said:
The price of steel went up all over. Last year we were told, steel price went up due to China importing large amount from us. True or false, that is what we heard.

TRUE:

In November of 2003 I could buy all the steel for a 24 ft. livestock trailer for about $1500.00 that price now for the last trailer was $2876.00.4x8 11 guage tread plate sheets for truck bed floors went from $48.00 each to $106.00 I could list on this subject all day.

We have a most favored tradeing status with China which they can get a quota on new steel from us they have been buying the full quota for some time.They also are buying up scrap iron and recycleing it in china and useing that for domestic use.

In Mn some chinese co. have bought up the taconite mines they are mining Taconite here and shipping it there to make new steel all of which is not coming back here.

They are also useing lots of concrete which has drove that up also.

Latest posts