• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Interesting Read

Help Support Ranchers.net:

canadian angus said:
Hope this pasting works.

http://www.advantagecattle.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=951&whichpage=5

Good site also.

Canadian Angus :???:
There is no risk of contracting BSE from consuming beef from animals younger than 30 months of age. This fact, coupled with the fact that Canada had instituted a ruminant feed ban nearly 6 years prior to finding their first case of BSE (thereby removing the threat of amplification of the disease in the Canadian herd) meant there was no scientific justification for keeping the beef out. Canadian beef imports are now equivalent to pre-BSE levels. How have we "lost" anything? We are merely back to where we were before the first case was found. Your question reveals your true motive and the motive of many R-CALF supporters. It has nothing to do with science-based decisions or fair dealings with trade partners; it has everything to do with protectionism, pure and simple.

Maybe a more revealing question is whether R-CALF has calculated how much U.S. producers will lose due to loss of consumer confidence by their raising unwarranted fears about the safety of beef, and by interfering with the process of establishing science-based protocols for international trade.

Don Hineman
Dighton, KS
-------------------------------------

I loved the statement by this NCBA "expert"-one of the Canadian inspection team---"NO RISK of contracting BSE from consuming beef from animals younger than 30 months of age". I wonder which study he found that says that? I have read dozens of reports by scientific groups--None of them say NO RISK... maybe little, or minimal, or slight, or as several say unknown-- no others say absolutely no risk....Makes you wonder if any NCBA members have read the studies about finding prions in under thirty month cattle, or in nerves in muscle meat, or in infected internal organs?

Now I know why they had decided the border should be opened before NCBA sent them on their 3 day vacation in Canada- "NCBA science"....

Reader(2):"OT - I also find this guy's statement reprehensible in that he was sent as an "expert." It's just wrong."

I have poked around on that forum for awhile now. That same guy was posting about Japan's 2 UTM's testing positive. He said that the test used by Japan was not accurate and is unreliable!

Little does he know that there are three labs in the world accredited by the OIE and one of them is in Japan! Stanley Prusiner verified the 21 month old himself. They use the Prionic's Test because IHC cannot detect cases subclinical.
If this guy is an NCBA "EXPERT" we are in big trouble.

canadian angus said:
Seems a bunch of you missed the point, r-calf is still spreading poison and just don't get it.
Canadian Angus

The Point is:
You hear what you want to hear, you hear? and
You see what you want to see, you see?
From "The Point" by Harry Nilsson

" loved the statement by this NCBA "expert"-one of the Canadian inspection team---"NO RISK of contracting BSE from consuming beef from animals younger than 30 months of age". I wonder which study he found that says that? I have read dozens of reports by scientific groups--None of them say NO RISK... maybe little, or minimal, or slight, or as several say unknown-- no others say absolutely no risk....Makes you wonder if any NCBA members have read the studies about finding prions in under thirty month cattle, or in nerves in muscle meat, or in infected internal organs? "

So, SH, is the NCBA lying here?

Oldtimer said:
[I loved the statement by this NCBA "expert"-one of the Canadian inspection team---"NO RISK of contracting BSE from consuming beef from animals younger than 30 months of age". I wonder which study he found that says that? I have read dozens of reports by scientific groups--None of them say NO RISK... maybe little, or minimal, or slight, or as several say unknown-- no others say absolutely no risk....Makes you wonder if any NCBA members have read the studies about finding prions in under thirty month cattle, or in nerves in muscle meat, or in infected internal organs?

Now I know why they had decided the border should be opened before NCBA sent them on their 3 day vacation in Canada- "NCBA science"....

Oldtimer, just wondering if you've got some horse meat you're trying to sell?

Japanese science says even under TWENTY month cattle have a "negligible to "very small" risk.. I guess it is only NCBA science that finds under THIRTY month to be "no risk".......

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/newse/20050317wo32.htm

OT: "I loved the statement by this NCBA "expert"-one of the Canadian inspection team---"NO RISK of contracting BSE from consuming beef from animals younger than 30 months of age". I wonder which study he found that says that? I have read dozens of reports by scientific groups--None of them say NO RISK... maybe little, or minimal, or slight, or as several say unknown-- no others say absolutely no risk....Makes you wonder if any NCBA members have read the studies about finding prions in under thirty month cattle, or in nerves in muscle meat, or in infected internal organs?"

Still trying to defend R-CULT's stupidity and BSE fear mongering huh OT?

Keep drinking that Kool Aid!

Between the feed ban compliance, increased BSE surveilance testing, removal of positive animals from the food chain and SRM removal, according to the BSE sciece accepted the world over, there is NO RISK!

"minimal, slight, and unknown" as stated by less accepted research is just enough blood in the water to create an R-CULT feeding frenzy while risking the integrity of our own beef supply. R-CULT couldn't be any more ignorant.

R-CULT's concerns for food safety are as evident as "M"ID prohibited from "M"COOL. R-CULT is simply using BSE "fear mongering" as their catalyst to keep the Canadian border closed to live cattle and fooling noone in the process.

This latest add in the Washington Post is their new all time low. They just keep lowering the bar. Absolute total insanity.

How can anyone be so mindless as to support their ignorant actions is beyond my comprehension.

~SH~

SH:"Between the feed ban compliance, increased BSE surveilance testing, removal of positive animals from the food chain and SRM removal, according to the BSE sciece accepted the world over, there is NO RISK!"

3-The Wash cow went into the food chain.
4-Which SRM removal? The one for OTM's, or the one for UTM's?
5-World Over? UK's mandatory testing is for every animal over 24 months and OTM's cannot go into the food chain.

The issue here is the safety of Canadian Beef and cattle.

1-The GAO and Inspector General has chastised the FDA for "feed ban compliance"!

Upon inspection of the Canadian feed ban compliance, USDA said Canada had a robust feed ban compliance and said they were doing a good job.

2-Increased surveillance testing is being lowered.

In the U.S. due to the volume of OTM cattle testing negative.

Meanwhile Canada has willingly increased their testing of the highest risk categories.

Remind me who prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL?

In contrast, Canada has a traceback system.

The spinal column and brainstem is where the largest threat lies and those are being removed. You're splitting hairs.

5-World Over? UK's mandatory testing is for every animal over 24 months and OTM's cannot go into the food chain.

You're not going to R-CULT this by comparing the UK and Canada are you? Don't be a fool!

~SH~

~SH~ said:
The issue here is the safety of Canadian Beef and cattle.

1-The GAO and Inspector General has chastised the FDA for "feed ban compliance"!

Upon inspection of the Canadian feed ban compliance, USDA said Canada had a robust feed ban compliance and said they were doing a good job.

2-Increased surveillance testing is being lowered.

In the U.S. due to the volume of OTM cattle testing negative.

Meanwhile Canada has willingly increased their testing of the highest risk categories.

Remind me who prohibited "M"ID from "M"COOL?

In contrast, Canada has a traceback system.

The spinal column and brainstem is where the largest threat lies and those are being removed. You're splitting hairs.

You're not going to R-CULT this by comparing the UK and Canada are you? Don't be a fool!

~SH~

You have gotten completely off subject. The argument was the so-called NCBA "expert" and his "NO RISK" statement. I did not mention Canada in my reply, just your rants in context of "NO RISK". Canda's compliance is not in question with me.

By the way:

"The spinal column and brainstem is where the largest threat lies and those are being removed. You're splitting hairs."

Can you show me a US LAW/RULE that says spinal column and brainstem must be removed UTM?

Latest posts