• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Ironic-

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Sierraman

Reaction score
Sometimes things are so ironic they are funny. Such as a cushioned, upholstered electric chair.
What do you think is really ironic in life, or current events. whatever?
I think the one law in N.J(I think) that says you may not commit a murder while wearing a bullet proof vest is quite that ironic. :?

I think it's ironic that 7/11 stores are open 24 hrs a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year, yewt there are locks on the doors. :wink:

While searching the net for a "spotlight" yesterday I came across a "Solar Powered" spotlight???????????

Mike, I understand the ironicy in that, and it is funny, but can't solar power be stored? I really don't know. Do you?

Sierraman said:
Mike, I understand the ironicy in that, and it is funny, but can't solar power be stored? I really don't know. Do you?

Solar power can be converted to electricity and stored in a battery. I was simply confessing the irony of the term (Solar Powered Light) itself.

Mike said:
While searching the net for a "spotlight" yesterday I came across a "Solar Powered" spotlight???????????
:lol: :lol: Solution to that problem, Mike- -carry two flashlights - shine one on the solar collector of the other and charge it, then return the 'favor' for the first flashlight, and then shine the sec - -oh, well, - you get the idea :???: DOC

Its not really Ironic i don't guess, but back home we was always told that there is an old law that states that if you see more than 3 indians (male) in a canoe on the Bad River you can open fire on them cause they are considered a war party!

Hanta Yo said:
2 big macs, 1 large order fries, and a diet coke. Must not feel so guilty with the diet coke :???:

i see you must have seen me at mcdonald's the other day!!! :oops: :oops: Dang...busted again!! Okay...as far as ironic goes...how about using sterile needles for a lethal injection! How about someone on a motorcycle wearing a helmet, but also shorts, flipflops and a tanktop! :roll:

ranchwife, my sister always told me that the best organ donors are people that ride motorcycles without helmets (heavens, how'd we get HERE??)..

at any rate, she would know. i'm just glad that NE didn't change their helmet law this year. perhaps if the legislators went to an emergency room around the 4th of july, they might change their "minds"... :?

does anyone have handy the stats on the physics of heads hitting the ground, even on kids riding bikes?? i'm just glad i was too hard-headed to get urt much when i was a kid!!!!!!!!!!! the physics are scary, BTW...

Irony: Our State prison that "rehabilitates" prisoners with "Programs"- letting them watch "the Soaps" all day long.

What happened to "no workie, no eatie?"

And then there is what I like to refer to as "the Law of Inverse Proportions". One example of this is a short person with short legs has a hard time getting on a horse, because their stirrups are so high up in the air. On the other side of the equation, a tall person with long legs has no trouble, as their stirrups are not too far off the ground.

Another example is putting up hay. The thicker the hay, the easier it is to "collect" all of the loose pieces of grass. Conversely, on an upland hard-scrabble flat, with thin grass, a much higher percentage of the total volume falls out between the rake teeth.

:? :???: :!:

I remember while filling out an application for a summer job, I had to answer this question," Do you use marijuana, and do you think it effects your job?" My choices are yes or no. I do not use it, but I do think it WOULD effect my job. What if I did use it and didn't think it effected my job, I would say no also. The question was quite confusing and answering it doesn't really tell them anything.

Sierraman said:
I remember while filling out an application for a summer job, I had to answer this question," Do you use marijuana, and do you think it effects your job?" My choices are yes or no. I do not use it, but I do think it WOULD effect my job. What if I did use it and didn't think it effected my job, I would say no also. The question was quite confusing and answering it doesn't really tell them anything.

That's a good 'un, Sierraman, and if you marked yes, do you think it is likely they would hire you :???: :???: :? :? or maybe put you through interrogation!! :roll:

Hanta Yo said:
Sierraman said:

That's a good 'un, Sierraman, and if you marked yes, do you think it is likely they would hire you :???: :???: :? :? or maybe put you through interrogation!! :roll:

In California you would be CEO material..... :lol: :wink:

Oldtimer said:
Hanta Yo said:
Sierraman said:

OH, MAN :???: :???: I forgot about THEM!!!

Hanta Yo said:
Oldtimer said:
Hanta Yo said:

OH, MAN :???: :???: I forgot about THEM!!!

Or maybe they'd give me some and THEN ask if it effected my job. (Seriously, this medical marijuana ploy is so stupid, but it's not everybody there, so it would depend on the company.) I had an uncle and aunt who had a marijuana plant growing on there property in CA, and they didn't know that's what it was until the sheriff told them.

Up until about 40 years ago and the kids all started smoking it, it grew wild all over up here on the river bottom...Was just a weed- Seasonal Mexican farmworkers had planted it everywhere... Still find a patch now and then along an irrigation ditch- altho those in the know tell me that it doesn't have much potency compared to the new genetically improved hybrids....

Oldtimer said:
Up until about 40 years ago and the kids all started smoking it, it grew wild all over up here on the river bottom...Was just a weed- Seasonal Mexican farmworkers had planted it everywhere... Still find a patch now and then along an irrigation ditch- altho those in the know tell me that it doesn't have much potency compared to the new genetically improved hybrids....

Good thing the cattle haven't figured out how to roll a joint.
Will they eat it though?

Latest posts