• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is there anyone left who can reason???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Kaiser, "Of course opening the border to boxed beef helped the packers Oldtimer..... But it happened and you could not stop it. No further court action will stop it next time either. Realise your limitations Oldtimer ---- work for something that you have potential to change. Push for things that could help your producers in the future. Things like more product demand (by testing) and more producer ownership up the chain. "

Opening the border was a huge sell out by the USDA. They made the decision that "trade" and corporate profits are more important than than their congressional mandate, which is to food safety and herd health. I can't think of hardly anything more important than putting the kabosh to this kind of activity. If we let this stand, what is next?

Considering that the CFIA is the USDA's lap dog, are you sure you want this kind of activity to become standard procedure? Take a larger view, here.

Sandhusker said:
Kaiser, "Of course opening the border to boxed beef helped the packers Oldtimer..... But it happened and you could not stop it. No further court action will stop it next time either. Realise your limitations Oldtimer ---- work for something that you have potential to change. Push for things that could help your producers in the future. Things like more product demand (by testing) and more producer ownership up the chain. "

Opening the border was a huge sell out by the USDA. They made the decision that "trade" and corporate profits are more important than than their congressional mandate, which is to food safety and herd health. I can't think of hardly anything more important than putting the kabosh to this kind of activity. If we let this stand, what is next?

Considering that the CFIA is the USDA's lap dog, are you sure you want this kind of activity to become standard procedure? Take a larger view, here.

WHO says CFIA is USDA's Lap dog?

Why is it we have a stricter enforced feed ban and more complete SRM removal?

Big Muddy rancher said:
Sandhusker said:

WHO says CFIA is USDA's Lap dog?

Why is it we have a stricter enforced feed ban and more complete SRM removal?

You just dont get it..........do you,ole packer kracker :roll:
good luck .

Consder this for some perspective! Only five human deaths resulting from variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD), believed to be the human form of BSE, were reported worldwide in 2005 and 7.6 million cancer deaths (about 20000 cancer deaths a day) worldwide in 2007. I believe that rather than prattling on about BSE time would be better spent in determining how many Angels are able to dance on the head of a pin.

Grandad said:
Consder this for some perspective! Only five human deaths resulting from variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD), believed to be the human form of BSE, were reported worldwide in 2005 and 7.6 million cancer deaths (about 20000 cancer deaths a day) worldwide in 2007. I believe that rather than prattling on about BSE time would be better spent in determining how many Angels are able to dance on the head of a pin.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
However, much like there are those who will pull a drowning man down to save themselves, there will allways be opportunists that will deny truth and reason for personal gain.
Not mentioning any names of course :wink:

Say, which side of the river are you on anyway?

Grandad said:
South Peace, Alberta side. And you? Please be so kind as to disregard my spelling error. Consider.

North Peace, BC side. Nice to see another Peace country member on here.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Knock it off you two.

We all know your brothers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Half brothers. But if our parents get divorced we'll only be cousins. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Grandad said:

Yes, but cancer didn't cost the livestock industry billions of dollars in the past few years. While I certainly understand what you're saying, and agree with it, burying our head in the sand and hoping the fright over BSE just "goes away" is living in a dream world. Its just not going to happen unless we do something to make it go away.

Rod

BMR, "Why is it we have a stricter enforced feed ban and more complete SRM removal?"

The "enforced" part of your feed ban is yet to be seen. Volume I didn't seem to go quite as planned....

Why is it private BSE testing isn't allowed?

Sandhusker - I would think the question that should be asked is why it appears that it is Canadians, Albertans in particular, the same ones who lost billions of dollars and fought the government over BSE and then saw their own Provincial Government hand the Packers millions of dollars in compensation when they the little guy producers got nothing - why is it that they seem to be the ones who bitch about that so-called no-named person being in this for personal gain as Silver mentioned:

However, much like there are those who will pull a drowning man down to save themselves, there will allways be opportunists that will deny truth and reason for personal gain.
Not mentioning any names of course

I am sure that you would likely piss on him to save your own ass huh??

Don't they have the balls that God gave them them to speak plain up in the Peace Country??? Obviously not.

Also, in answer to your question:

Why is it private BSE testing isn't allowed?

The answer is simple and known to most scientists in the prion field.

The Government knows damn well that if they lose control of the minimum amount of testing being done, that more cases of BSE will show up on both sides of the border and that they, the Government would be likely subjected to law suits up the ying-yang.

But back to these Canadians who think that testing is not required. Oh yes, let us call it like it is. These people first of all have no idea what impact this has on human health as they care only about their own personal gain. Whichever side of the river those bozo's live is not important. The important thing here is that the consumer has a right to know if the product is healthy and safe for them to eat - period!! Any producer who finds that difficult to accepet should quit and go work for Tyson or Cargill.

Yes, I know, I will play nice in the pool but let us be sure of one thing - have the cojones to mention names and speak plain and to the point.

Happy New Year.
Ron.

There you go again, implying that their product isn't safe. :wink: :lol: :lol:

A happy and profitable New Year to you, too!

The thing is BSETester you don't play nice in the pool,what Sandhusker thinks or any of the other Canuck attackers think means crap all to us. Its YOU that isn't playing nice,if someone disagrees with you you get nasty and defensive,word of advice...DON'T. Quit attacking us and our industry,try reason and facts,and if you think we're not getting it,try it again. Honey gets you WAY further then Vinigar,once the attacks start backs get up and reason goes down,its coming from both sides.

That being said,I sure hope that Sandhusker and his padraes are sending you HUGE support cheques,other wise all thier talk is really just talk isn't it. :?

Too much Honey for too many years Mrs. Greg. That is why we are stuck in this BSEconomic quagmire. We need people with passion to speak out.

Any way I can convince you to come for a visit over on Agriville Ron?

http://www.agri-ville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewTopics.cgi?BeefProduction

It's our Canadian version of ranchers bull session and I know for a fact that we have a number of ABP/CCA readers. Your story about the CFIA not being interested in developing your test is amazing and I think that the ABP folks should hear more.

BIG C is in the midst of a very positive series of meetings with government and four other industry groups. ABP, Western Stock Growers, Feeder Associations of Alberta and the Alberta Cattle Feeders Association. The testing issue is on the plate at each and every meeting and four of the five groups are on side with testing for export marketing purposes. At least three meetings scheduled for January and I would personally like to have you attend at least one.

At the very least, I would ask again if you could join in some discussion on Agriville. I will start a new thread with the testing topic.

Randy

Mrs.Greg said:
The thing is BSETester you don't play nice in the pool,what Sandhusker thinks or any of the other Canuck attackers think means crap all to us. Its YOU that isn't playing nice,if someone disagrees with you you get nasty and defensive,word of advice...DON'T. Quit attacking us and our industry,try reason and facts,and if you think we're not getting it,try it again. Honey gets you WAY further then Vinigar,once the attacks start backs get up and reason goes down,its coming from both sides.

That being said,I sure hope that Sandhusker and his padraes are sending you HUGE support cheques,other wise all thier talk is really just talk isn't it. :?

I'm not a Canadian attacker, I'm a US defender. My position on the border deal has absolutely nothing to do with Canada, and little to do with beef. I'm upset because, regardless of the country or the product, the agency that is in charge of food safety and herd health (USDA) did a complete 180 on safety policy strictly for the benefit of a select few large companies in the name of "trade", and then lied to us all in an attempt to justify it. I believe in accountable government, not a government that will sell out it's citizens and put them at a needless and foolish risk for the benefit of their corporate "donors". I would have the same position if the country on the other side of the issues was Mexico, Brazil, Uganda, whatever.

And you ought to hope somebody is financially supporting Ron and his group - you can only benefit from the success of their product. Talk about biting the hand that can feed you...

The Lady wrote:

That being said,I sure hope that Sandhusker and his padraes are sending you HUGE support cheques,other wise all thier talk is really just talk isn't it.

It is about time that you realize that I only respond as you think I do when idiots make stupid comments regarding the reasons I want to see my test succeed. - how did you put it today? As a "Canuck attacker?" Also you put it into such nice words as follows:

"......what Sandhusker thinks or any of the other Canuck attackers think means crap all to us. "

You obviously have a difficult time reading and understanding English (as well as writing it) so I shall try to put it into words that you can understand.

Pay attention now, as some of these words are longer than those you are used to reading:

I only respond harshly (as I am now actually) to those who wish to attack me personally and with insults and rhetoric and put forward their moronic reasons as to why I am here trying to share information regarding BSE and my test.

I do not care for insults or rhetoric as it is a waste of time and is demeaning to say the least but, I will most certainly throw them back to those who so freely hurl them at me. I call this standing up for what I believe in. You would do well to learn that little part of human nature.

So please lady, keep your small-minded views to yourself along with your innuendos regarding who I am, what I want, how I operate, who I support and whatever else turns your crank.

Seperate yourself from that which you think you know and that which you so boldly speak about and yet fail to understand and then you might realize that my reason for wanting to help people is not about money, not about profits, not about feathering my own nest - period!

Frankly, I am sick and freaking tired of people who cannot get their heads out of their own asses to see plain daylight and get it right!!!

So, in the words of the great scholars of the past:

When you curse and throw insults, you become that which you hate the most.

Mrs. Greg, I do hope you will see that I am not your enemy but one who only wants to help.

Have a Happy New Year.

Sandhusker said:
Mrs.Greg said:

I'm not a Canadian attacker, I'm a US defender. My position on the border deal has absolutely nothing to do with Canada, and little to do with beef. I'm upset because, regardless of the country or the product, the agency that is in charge of food safety and herd health (USDA) did a complete 180 on safety policy strictly for the benefit of a select few large companies in the name of "trade", and then lied to us all in an attempt to justify it. I believe in accountable government, not a government that will sell out it's citizens and put them at a needless and foolish risk for the benefit of their corporate "donors". I would have the same position if the country on the other side of the issues was Mexico, Brazil, Uganda, whatever.

And you ought to hope somebody is financially supporting Ron and his group - you can only benefit from the success of their product. Talk about biting the hand that can feed you...

Well put-- Sandhusker...Thats essentially what I was trying to say- its not against the Canadians per se- its the broken system and the corrupt government/multinational Packers menage a troix...Canadians because of the situation end up being the pawn caught in the middle......

Sandhusker said:
Mrs.Greg said:

Corporatism should be more accurately defined as fascism as it is the merging of corporate and state power. ---- Benito Mussolini

Latest posts