• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is there anyone left who can reason???

Help Support Ranchers.net:

BSEtester:My post was not an attack on you it was advice,the reason most of the Canadians that DO NOT like you is because of your personal attacks on them and our industry,I'm now gathering from your last post your not Canadian,just live in Canada...am I right???

You basically have no right to tell me what I do and don't know about our industry I work it and I work it as hard as the men on here,come on out when we're calving at three in the morning at -40 then you can tell me I know or don't know anything,how about haying or getting the cattle up from the bottom of our river hills. WE"RE raising the cattle you want to test,guess what YOU have to rely on our industry for your test to be successful. I come into Bull..."The Old Boys" club as a admitted female,if you think your going to scare me away by being intimidating me your wrong,I'm as much a part of this industry as any of the men on here,I WILL NOT be talked down to :!: :!:

I"ve told you before its not your test I disagree with its your attitude,if your following Randy{who I truly respect as a leader in our industry} into Agriville leave your attitude at the door,you'll get farther :?

DiamondSCattleCo said:
Grandad said:
Consder this for some perspective! Only five human deaths resulting from variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD), believed to be the human form of BSE, were reported worldwide in 2005 and 7.6 million cancer deaths (about 20000 cancer deaths a day) worldwide in 2007. I believe that rather than prattling on about BSE time would be better spent in determining how many Angels are able to dance on the head of a pin.

Yes, but cancer didn't cost the livestock industry billions of dollars in the past few years. While I certainly understand what you're saying, and agree with it, burying our head in the sand and hoping the fright over BSE just "goes away" is living in a dream world. Its just not going to happen unless we do something to make it go away.

Rod

Both of you should consider that many of those cancer deaths are also being blamed on red meat(beef) by the same people that will exploit BSE to try to eliminate the beef industry. This battle is bigger than just BSE.

Happy New Year to all!!!!!! :D

Mrs. Greg, "WE"RE raising the cattle you want to test..."

NO, MG, it's not the cattle Ron want's to test, it's the cattle your POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS want to test! Why is that so hard to understand? What is the difference between Ron having a test to assure your customers they are BSE free and somebody running a bull test to assure your customers your bull is loaded?

I also asked you if you were interested in eradicating BSE and you said you were. My follow up question was if you had a better idea on how do it other than a live test - still waiting for that response.

i think different people on here see different uses for a live test. yes, you can screen any animal for prions if the test is successful but how useful is it to test an animal five years before slaughter if the disease has a long incubation period. there are a lot of questions remaining to be answered. i maintain we do have effective and reliable tests already but they are unavailable to us now. another test we're not allowed to use is irrelevant. creekstone had all the facilities and technology to effectively market bse-tested beef but it didn't matter.

Sandhusker said:

NO, MG, it's not the cattle Ron want's to test, it's the cattle your POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS want to test! Why is that so hard to understand?

I also asked you if you were interested in eradicating BSE and you said you were. My follow up question was if you had a better idea on how do it other than a live test - still waiting for that response.
:roll: :roll: Honestly :roll: :roll: I TOLD you and BS tester that its not the test I have a problam with its the same as you guys that think attacking the Canadian cattle industry is a ton of fun,we work as hard for a hell of alot less then you guys do,BSE is the reason for the "less" in that equation. QUIT putting down our industry,we didn't ask for this we're living it,YOU aren't,your not the ones fighting like crazy for your lives...WE ARE. Its the attacks on the Canadians and the attacks on our industry thats frustrating me to the point of anger,and I don't get angry.

Yes maybe our customers want the test,they'll benefit,we'll benefit but don't even TRY telling me that BSE Tester doesn't have a personal interest in attacking the industry to the point of fear mongering,it works in his favour to get his test approved...THATS what ticks me off :!: :!: :!:

I also will NOT sit back anymore when I'm being attacked by Haymaker,BseTester or Katrina{who thinks calling Canadians assholes and Buttheads humerous}I have a right to say what I believe,and don't really give a darn anymore if some don't agree with me,intimidation is a nasty persons way of abuse :?

RobertMac said:
DiamondSCattleCo said:
Grandad said:
Consder this for some perspective! Only five human deaths resulting from variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (vCJD), believed to be the human form of BSE, were reported worldwide in 2005 and 7.6 million cancer deaths (about 20000 cancer deaths a day) worldwide in 2007. I believe that rather than prattling on about BSE time would be better spent in determining how many Angels are able to dance on the head of a pin.

Yes, but cancer didn't cost the livestock industry billions of dollars in the past few years. While I certainly understand what you're saying, and agree with it, burying our head in the sand and hoping the fright over BSE just "goes away" is living in a dream world. Its just not going to happen unless we do something to make it go away.

Rod

Both of you should consider that many of those cancer deaths are also being blamed on red meat(beef) by the same people that will exploit BSE to try to eliminate the beef industry. This battle is bigger than just BSE.

Happy New Year to all!!!!!! :D

Yes, it is the same people who can't label their chicken packages with antibiotic free labels because they got caught lying about it and someone stood up to them to make them honest, for once.

It is the same people who are depressing cattle prices by depressing poultry producers and the income they receive-- with beef a substitute, that depresses beef.

It is the same people who profess the virtues of contract freedom but don't follow their own contracts.

It is the same people who run the NCBA and spend more money in D.C. working against producer interests and for their own interests.

Have a Happy New Year!!!!

Sandhusker and then Oldtimer wrote.
I'm not a Canadian attacker, I'm a US defender. My position on the border deal has absolutely nothing to do with Canada, and little to do with beef. I'm upset because, regardless of the country or the product, the agency that is in charge of food safety and herd health (USDA) did a complete 180 on safety policy strictly for the benefit of a select few large companies in the name of "trade", and then lied to us all in an attempt to justify it. I believe in accountable government, not a government that will sell out it's citizens and put them at a needless and foolish risk for the benefit of their corporate "donors". I would have the same position if the country on the other side of the issues was Mexico, Brazil, Uganda, whatever.

And you ought to hope somebody is financially supporting Ron and his group - you can only benefit from the success of their product. Talk about biting the hand that can feed you...

Well put-- Sandhusker...Thats essentially what I was trying to say- its not against the Canadians per se- its the broken system and the corrupt government/multinational Packers menage a troix...Canadians because of the situation end up being the pawn caught in the middle......

You two make a point but an arguable one. If Canada and the USA were not so connected at the hip and rib and flank and every other bovine part prior to the BSE debacle - I would almost agree with your position. However the fact remains that Canada and the US were so integrated that the border should never have been closed in the first place. When BSE was discovered in Canada it was discovered in the USA. Period.Trying to divide an industry with a border after this BSE debacle was ludicrous and remains that way today. The fight against packer domination has to be a joint battle. The border issue only gave the packers even more ability to gain control. If you think Cargill and Tyson had leverage with Canadian fat cattle before BSE take a look at the situation now.

Mrs. Greg wrote:

BSEtester:My post was not an attack on you it was advice,the reason most of the Canadians that DO NOT like you is because of your personal attacks on them and our industry,I'm now gathering from your last post your not Canadian,just live in Canada...am I right???

You basically have no right to tell me what I do and don't know about our industry I work it and I work it as hard as the men on here,come on out when we're calving at three in the morning at -40 then you can tell me I know or don't know anything,how about haying or getting the cattle up from the bottom of our river hills. WE"RE raising the cattle you want to test,guess what YOU have to rely on our industry for your test to be successful. I come into Bull..."The Old Boys" club as a admitted female,if you think your going to scare me away by being intimidating me your wrong,I'm as much a part of this industry as any of the men on here,I WILL NOT be talked down to

I"ve told you before its not your test I disagree with its your attitude,if your following Randy{who I truly respect as a leader in our industry} into Agriville leave your attitude at the door,you'll get farther

My family raised cattle in the Wetaskawin area since Christ was a boy so please, do not make assumptions regarding where I am from because that is not even relevant. As for you having the right to say anything, do anything, be anything, including being a person making assumptions and even being profoundly righteous or ignorant, I will not dispute that at all. In fact, I will support it as it is your right. But do not for one minute think that I have no rights at all.

As for me attacking Canadians and the cattle industry -

I am 100% Canadian and I support Canadians and the cattle industry.

Mrs. Greg, you should be deeply ashamed of yourself for implying that I am not Canadian. You should also be ashamed of yourself for passing judgement on me when you do not even know me and yet you think you do and the sad thing about all of this is that you stand up on your high horse and tell it to the world how I am, according to you, attacking Canadians, how I am saying that all Canadian Cattle is 100% infected with BSE and how I am fear-mongering to make only a profit out of that fear-mongering.

Show me where I have done or said any of that which you accuse me of saying - and specifically please????

Making wrong assumptions about me Mmmmmm!!

Having said that, your implying that I am not even Canadian pisses me off and it should be seen as a reflection of how assumptions can truly get out of hand Mrs. Greg.

I could get angry, really angry and say things like: "To hell with this board and the people in it if this is the way I am going to be treated." Or I could say something like: "Who the hell do you think you are to make those kinds of assumptions about me??" But I won't. That would be wrong of me. Besides, my skin ain't that thin!!!

So instead and in the spirit of the season - I will wish you and yours a very Happy New Year and it is my hope that you will take just a moment to reflect on what I have said on this last post and perhaps you will realize that we seem to have gotten off on the wrong footing and instead of trying to choke each other with rhetoric and innuendo, maybe, just maybe we should try to put the assumptions aside and deal only with the truth within these issues?

I am not your enemy Mrs. Greg and my attitude that you seem to hate so much is only brought into play when I am insulted by people. So please, give that some thought before you respond.

Ron.

rkaiser said:
I'm not a Canadian attacker, I'm a US defender. My position on the border deal has absolutely nothing to do with Canada, and little to do with beef. I'm upset because, regardless of the country or the product, the agency that is in charge of food safety and herd health (USDA) did a complete 180 on safety policy strictly for the benefit of a select few large companies in the name of "trade", and then lied to us all in an attempt to justify it. I believe in accountable government, not a government that will sell out it's citizens and put them at a needless and foolish risk for the benefit of their corporate "donors". I would have the same position if the country on the other side of the issues was Mexico, Brazil, Uganda, whatever.

And you ought to hope somebody is financially supporting Ron and his group - you can only benefit from the success of their product. Talk about biting the hand that can feed you...

Well put-- Sandhusker...Thats essentially what I was trying to say- its not against the Canadians per se- its the broken system and the corrupt government/multinational Packers menage a troix...Canadians because of the situation end up being the pawn caught in the middle......

You two make a point but an arguable one. If Canada and the USA were not so connected at the hip and rib and flank and every other bovine part prior to the BSE debacle - I would almost agree with your position. However the fact remains that Canada and the US were so integrated that the border should never have been closed in the first place. When BSE was discovered in Canada it was discovered in the USA. Period.Trying to divide an industry with a border after this BSE debacle was ludicrous and remains that way today. The fight against packer domination has to be a joint battle. The border issue only gave the packers even more ability to gain control. If you think Cargill and Tyson had leverage with Canadian fat cattle before BSE take a look at the situation now.

Prior to 2003, I guess I never saw it as "integrated"-- more of a one way trade :roll: :( ...

And now that BSE has started manifesting itself, that trade should be shut down until both countries can guarantee their act is cleaned up--especially since the one geographical area has found such a higher percentage of diseased animals- and can show no proof that they have any working controls in place yet.....

One way makes it even worse Oldtimer. If and only if the BS you are spewing about the danger zone exists --- and you believe the transmission theory like you say you do. There is no way on Gods green earth that you do not have the same amount of BSE that we have here in Canada.

Anywhoo

I know I will never convince you till I pour a few Whiskey's down your throat in Omaha at the Rcalf convention so I'll give up for today.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Silver said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Knock it off you two.

We all know your brothers. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Half brothers. But if our parents get divorced we'll only be cousins. :shock: :lol: :lol:

Arkansas of the North. :wink: :lol:
Easy now.....don't make me come up there. I'll bite like Mike Tyson when I fight and my tooth is sharp. :lol:

Mrs.Greg said:
Sandhusker said:

NO, MG, it's not the cattle Ron want's to test, it's the cattle your POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS want to test! Why is that so hard to understand?

:roll: :roll: Honestly :roll: :roll: I TOLD you and BS tester that its not the test I have a problam with its the same as you guys that think attacking the Canadian cattle industry is a ton of fun,we work as hard for a hell of alot less then you guys do,BSE is the reason for the "less" in that equation. QUIT putting down our industry,we didn't ask for this we're living it,YOU aren't,your not the ones fighting like crazy for your lives...WE ARE. Its the attacks on the Canadians and the attacks on our industry thats frustrating me to the point of anger,and I don't get angry.

Yes maybe our customers want the test,they'll benefit,we'll benefit but don't even TRY telling me that BSE Tester doesn't have a personal interest in attacking the industry to the point of fear mongering,it works in his favour to get his test approved...THATS what ticks me off :!: :!: :!:

I also will NOT sit back anymore when
I'm being attacked by Haymaker,BseTester or Katrina
{who thinks calling Canadians assholes and Buttheads humerous}I have a right to say what I believe,and don't really give a darn anymore if some don't agree with me,intimidation is a nasty persons way of abuse :?

n1045732916_12681_5289.jpg

quit that whining mess,everyone knows you havent been attacked,especially by Katrina,you started picking on her and she got after your big ass.
good luck

rkaiser said:

I agree the battle against the packers and their lackeys has to be joint. However, I'll disagree (big surprise, eh?) on the border. George Bush hasn't realized his fantasy yet, we're still two seperate countries with two different risk profiles (unless you can bring something that says the CDC is wrong - and not the nonsense Silver tried to pawn off about them not being able to decipher data). Closing the Canadian border can be done easily, heck, we'll even close State borders down here and the States are certainly linked closer than US/Canada.

When the USDA first formulated their supposed science based plan, it was to shut the border if ANYBODY got BSE. There was no exceptions for neighbors or favorite trading partners. "Trade" is not a scientific input. You can't say "No girls allowed" and then when somebody questions you for letting one in say, "it's OK, she's got 4 brothers". IF you make the dang rules, you follow the dang rules. The USDA flopped and compromised a safety rule exclusively for "trade". That's unexcusable.

If you want to poke the packers in the arse, closing the border is one way to do it - they're behind the whole dang mess. They want it open. An open border keeps Canadian producers addicted to them and gives them a weapon to lower US prices, which in turn lowers Canadian prices as your market follows ours. - it gives them this North American herd crap that they whack both of us on the head with.

Now, if you want to pour a gallon or two of crown down my gullet in and try to change my mind in Omaha, I'm open for debate.

Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:
Mrs.Greg said:
The thing is BSETester you don't play nice in the pool,what Sandhusker thinks or any of the other Canuck attackers think means crap all to us. Its YOU that isn't playing nice,if someone disagrees with you you get nasty and defensive,word of advice...DON'T. Quit attacking us and our industry,try reason and facts,and if you think we're not getting it,try it again. Honey gets you WAY further then Vinigar,once the attacks start backs get up and reason goes down,its coming from both sides.

That being said,I sure hope that Sandhusker and his padraes are sending you HUGE support cheques,other wise all thier talk is really just talk isn't it. :?

It's not against the Canadians
Oldtimer?

Youir position on the border deal
has absolutely nothing to do with Canada, and little to do with beef
Sadhusker?

The two of you along with your R-Klan Kronies have done your very best to spread as much bull$*%t, innuendo and lies through press releases and thousands of hours on chat sites such as this. Press release and article upon artidcle about Canada, BSE, and the border without a single word beside it about packers or multi-nationals and now you write that it has absolutley nothing to do about Canada and little to do about BEEF?

Since before May 2003 you and R-Klan have targetted Canada and it has been ALL about the Canadian border and BEEF! When BSE came along, the attacks intesified driven by the lies made possible by the uncertainty and lack of knowledge of the science of BSE. This coupled with the BSeconomics of the situation gave even more of a foothold for your push against Canadian BEFF producers. Oldtimer, you can't to get to the keyboard fast enough everyday to see what BAD Canadian "news" you can put on the various chat sites. We have watched you do it for years and the trail is in the archives of those sites for all to see.

They say that actions speak louder than words boys but the truth is that your actions AND words have impacted many Canadians and our families for over 4 years and now it seems you are trying to down play or even justify those actions? Forgive us if the twisting of the knives in our backs is still fresh in our minds.

HAY MAKER said:
Mrs.Greg said:
Sandhusker said:

I also will NOT sit back anymore when
I'm being attacked by Haymaker,BseTester or Katrina
{who thinks calling Canadians assholes and Buttheads humerous}I have a right to say what I believe,and don't really give a darn anymore if some don't agree with me,intimidation is a nasty persons way of abuse :?

n1045732916_12681_5289.jpg

quit that whining mess,everyone knows you havent been attacked,especially by Katrina,you started picking on her and she got after your big ass.
good luck

Yes, I have to agree Haymaker........ You have certainly have had Mrs Greg pegged from day one..... :wink:
Boo Hoo mrs. greg cry me a river.... :roll:

Bill said:
Oldtimer said:
Sandhusker said:

It's not against the Canadians
Oldtimer?

Youir position on the border deal
has absolutely nothing to do with Canada, and little to do with beef
Sadhusker?

The two of you along with your R-Klan Kronies have done your very best to spread as much bull$*%t, innuendo and lies through press releases and thousands of hours on chat sites such as this. Press release and article upon artidcle about Canada, BSE, and the border without a single word beside it about packers or multi-nationals and now you write that it has absolutley nothing to do about Canada and little to do about BEEF?

Since before May 2003 you and R-Klan have targetted Canada and it has been ALL about the Canadian border and BEEF! When BSE came along, the attacks intesified driven by the lies made possible by the uncertainty and lack of knowledge of the science of BSE. This coupled with the BSeconomics of the situation gave even more of a foothold for your push against Canadian BEFF producers. Oldtimer, you can't to get to the keyboard fast enough everyday to see what BAD Canadian "news" you can put on the various chat sites. We have watched you do it for years and the trail is in the archives of those sites for all to see.

They say that actions speak louder than words boys but the truth is that your actions AND words have impacted many Canadians and our families for over 4 years and now it seems you are trying to down play or even justify those actions? Forgive us if the twisting of the knives in our backs is still fresh in our minds.

Of course OT and I are going to be posting on Canada, that is the country involved in the USDA's sell out. Just how in the hell are we supposed to highlight what the USDA is pulling without mentioning Canada, beef, or cattle?

This thread is like a gift to us all. A real debate about the merits of a live BSE test.

Since May 20, 2007 (in Canada) there has never been a public debate/discussion about BSE. All the meetings held were to TELL us the way the government was going to handle things.

One of the best comments on this thread was:

that the facts don't matter; the only thing that matters is what the public thinks
! (rough quote)

Whether you are a rancher, a grain farmer, a BSE test kit developer, a family member of a deceased or ill individual - you have to live in the real world and accept that "the truth doesn't matter". Public opinion rules our culture and society will flounder down the path that fear and ignorance breeds. That's the blue pill!

Ron stated:
If BSE or in other words, the Bovine form of Prion Disease (PrPsc) is, as you state, NOT INFECTIOUS - why is that all testing facilities for the disease and for all other TSE's must be done in a lab that has at least a "Level 3 Containment" ranking????

A most excellent question, Ron. At the prion meeting in Calgary last year, this very question was brought up by virtually all the TSE researchers at the Wednesday discussion. Again, virtually all of the researchers were using the hand signal for "quote - unquote" when they used the term "infectious". What this means, in my opinion, is that they do not believe the disease merits the Level 3 laboratory requirements, especially when they are dealing with recombinated fragments coming from yeast or E. coli. They are not convinced that this disease is easily transmitted.

Researchers live in a very different world than the rancher. Scientists, in general, (sorry for a "general" statement).... but those I've heard speak, or read books of, are for the most part atheists who believe humans evolved from the first protozoa that lived on Earth. They do not believe in Intelligent Design, or a God. Life is simple, it has no "force" that drives it. Life is just the survival of chance genetic mutations.

Ron, I'm not saying what you personally believe; but, this is my impression of a large number of scientists. Anyways, I've taken us down this path to point out an anomoly. Science is about debate and proof of concepts.... yet with BSE/CWD/TSEs.... we have had no "public debate". We are to accept the science presented to us, no questions asked.

Yet questions exist. My lack of confidence in the "authorities" can best be demonstrated by the Gabriel Horne Report, which was extensively utilized by the Harvaard report and the AB Government reports on TSEs....

The Horne report states: the mandatory warble eradication program in the UK ended in 1982.

When the fact IS: The UK mandatory warble eradication program STARTED in 1982; and the most common chemical used was Phosmet, an organophosphate which was later proven to "up-regulate" the production of the prion protein.

Such a simple, basic error of fact! And yet, to this day no government will make the necessary correction to their "official" documents.

Why? Maybe we should ask why did the op Phosmet up-regulate the production of PrPC? did it cause oxidative stress? did it chelate the copper from the brain? Did it make the animals suceptible to other contaminates? It is pretty hard to study its usage, when the manufacturer, Zeneca, conveniently LOST all their records on Phosmet.

These questions are ignored by researchers because: in a laboratory, they are able to take diseased brain tissue, homogenate it (breaking down proteins and aggregates), and reseed the disease in the brains of other unfortunate lab creatures..... This is the basis for 'transmission'. Yet, the researchers have no idea what they are injecting or drenching into the laboratory/research animals...... for the last 25 years they have never (allowed) the CHARACTERIZATION of the homogenate.

More recently some science has been showing the connection to various metals (not just depleted uranium) in causing the misfolding of proteins - the time for debate is NOW. This thread is a good start!

The hypothesis of Dr. Vitaly Vodyanoy of Auburne University in Alabama, has shown to be the closest to Mark Purdey's hypothesis. Time will tell! Dr. Vodyanoy's hypothesis is not limited to prion diseases; he has intimated a direct connection between these metal nucleating clusters and CANCER.

In the meantime, governments will not allow BSE testing - until they can develop their own test kits so that they may profit and control the flow of money and information.

We know that THE PEOPLE don't control the government - they have long since stopped listening to their citizens, unless you have some major campaign donations. BIG BUSINESS runs our society... and we let them.

Mrs. Greg, you stated that you knew an individual who may be suffering from chemical poisoning due to open cab spraying,

I have heard of a gentleman, who is from East Central AB who has been striken by "West Nile Virus" supposedly, and this man is now in a wheel chair, so I am told. When I spoke with, and attended meetings, for the Special Areas Advisory Council, back in the grasshopper infestation years, this same now wheelchair bound man openly commented on how he had sprayed his crop with pesticides (for the grasshopper infestation) multiple times in one year.

I would hope that this pesticide toxicity would not go unresearched, as a potential cause of his debilitation. Organophosphates and other chemicals (which farmers rely far too heavily on), are damaging our immune systems and central nervous systems. I want nothing more than for all possible hypotheses to be examined.

I fight for Mark Purdey, now in his absence, because I have done alot of reading and made some great contacts - and the research supports his findings. The "authorities" dismissed his work without any investigation. Thankfully, he is not alone in his journey.

Kathy wrote:

These questions are ignored by researchers because: in a laboratory, they are able to take diseased brain tissue, homogenate it (breaking down proteins and aggregates), and reseed the disease in the brains of other unfortunate lab creatures..... This is the basis for 'transmission'. Yet, the researchers have no idea what they are injecting or drenching into the laboratory/research animals...... for the last 25 years they have never (allowed) the CHARACTERIZATION of the homogenate.

Do you have any idea of what it is you are talking about ????

You suggest that an "homogenate" breaks down proteins and aggregates.

You state that reseeding inoculate into the brains of lab animals is the "Basis for "Transmission" - by this I think you are suggesting that this is actually the basis for the thransmission theory???

You state that the researchers have "....no idea what they are injecting into the laboratory/research animals."

Where on earth do you come with this stuff??????

I suggest that if you wish to start a debate on your theories (or Purdey's) on the influence that metals, including DU, have on PrP than this thread is NOT the place to do it!

Start a specific thread relating to that topic. This thread has already been corupted from waht I had intended it to be and has fallen into a debate on Canadian/US positions relating to not only BSE but how one can best attack those who feel they are being attacked by everyone including the tooth-fairy.

The three examples that you posted which I refer to above will take an entire thread to discuss so please, start one on metals and let it live or die on its own merits instead of piggy-backing on this one.

You are quite obviously frustrated... the lack of government movement to utilize a live urine test (your test) is certainly not any fault of the people in the ranching community.

We are frustrated too. We have businesses that are also our homes, and our children's futures, and we are treated like chattel by a government that thinks it knows what's best for us. Now, Ron the bse tester is going to tell me what I can or can't do..... GET REAL MAN.

eg: reversible aggregation state by "slow-dry aging and ultrasonic agitation"

Dr. Deloncle may find this fact of interest, as he used manganese and UV to create prions, and "ultrasonic agitation" is nothing new to Mark's research which highlights the environmental "sonic" shock which he thought could be involved. These "injections" of homogenated brain tissue are "sonicated" for a couple seconds just before the liquid is injected or drenched - a process that the researchers fail to justify or explain.

Many prion cyclical amplification proposals also utilize 'sonication'.

Phys Rev Lett. 2004 Apr 16;92(15):155501. Epub 2004 Apr 13.

Reversible, surface-controlled structure transformation in nanoparticles induced by an aggregation state.

Huang F, Gilbert B, Zhang H, Banfield JF.
Department of Earth and Planetary Science, University of California-Berkeley, Berkeley, California 94720-4767, USA. [email protected]

The structure of 3 nm ZnS nanoparticles differs from that of bulk ZnS and is shown to vary with the particle aggregation state. Dispersed or weakly aggregated nanoparticles in suspension have a more distorted internal structure than strongly aggregated nanoparticles. Reversible switching between distorted and crystalline structures can be induced by changing the aggregation state via slow drying and ultrasonic agitation. The transformation was analyzed using pair distribution function data from wide angle x-ray diffraction and the aggregation state monitored via small angle x-ray scattering. Molecular modeling provides insight into particle-particle interactions that induce the structural changes. The reversible nature also implies a low activation energy of nanoparticle transformation and indicates that distorted nanoparticles are not trapped in a metastable state.

PMID: 15169293

Nano Lett. 2006 Apr;6(4):605-10.

Surface chemistry controls crystallinity of ZnS nanoparticles.

Gilbert B, Huang F, Lin Z, Goodell C, Zhang H, Banfield JF.

Department of Earth and Planetary Sciences, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA. [email protected]

Combined small-angle and high energy wide-angle X-ray scattering measurements of nanoparticle size and structure permit interior strain and disorder to be observed directly in the real-space pair distribution function (PDF). PDF analysis showed that samples of ZnS nanoparticles with similar mean diameters (3.2-3.6 nm) but synthesized and treated with different low-temperature procedures possess a dramatic range of interior disorder. We used Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy to detect the surface species and the nature of surface chemical interactions. Our results suggest that there is a direct correlation between the strength of surface-ligand interactions and interior crystallinity.

PMID: 16608252

Kathy wrote:

You are quite obviously frustrated... the lack of government movement to utilize a live urine test (your test) is certainly not any fault of the people in the ranching community.

Obviously, you again, refuse to answer my questions!!! As I have repeatedly asked you to do so I have no choice but to ignore your comments to me but one last comment to you:

I have snipped and posted a comment you made as shown above.

Are you truly so stupid as to think that?? Obviously!! The government(s) cannot and will not move on any test until it is validated and approved!!! A small but important point you fail to include!!

By your refusal to answer my questions, I shall simply ignore you. Not that you care. You make statements and post other people's work or snippets of their work and try to maskerade as someone who knows something about BSE and prion disease. It has long ago become obvious that you know nothing other than how to search for information on the internet and post it, in full or in part here.

You take the time to continue your crusade regarding metal contamination and even now, try to divert a specific thread that I started over to something that you feel serves your affection for the work of Mark Purdey.

You fail miserably to stand and be counted when questions are posed to you for explanations of your statements and after a period of seclusion wherein you literally evade all contact you surface again as if the questions posed to you never were posed to begin with.

At the very least you could respect my wishes and start your own thread and see if you get anywhere with it. But, perhaps you already know to what level your posts/topics are received?? Like your repsonse to my question they are not received well at all are they Kathy??

Take your last thread you started for example:

It had only one reply and it came from you!!! How sad is that?? Yet you have the nerve to come on here with your theories about Purdey's thrust into the metal/prion side of the fence and you take offence when asked to move on and start your own thread and see how it stands up on its own merits.

Now that is arrogant.

Latest posts