• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Is this another sanctioned Christian action?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Like I said- me and wannabe's beliefs are miles apart- and I'm glad they are...

The Home Babies (as they were called) who survived were often ostracized in Irish society until they were adopted out.

Irish Independent, November 11, 1957 / Via Twitter: @Limerick1914

"The nuns telegraphed the message that they were different and that we should keep away from them," said Corless, the historian. "They didn't suggest we be nice to them. In fact if you acted up in class some nuns would threaten to seat you next to the Home Babies."

If this and and just throwing babies into a septic tank is his Christian way of acting and care/respect for the dead-- I want NO part of his type of Christianity...

My God and My Jesus are compassionate and loving and would never back anyone trying to condone it...

Big Muddy rancher said:
Muslim or Christian it was a criminal act.

Do you think a Catholic run orphanage today could get away with that?

Actually on FB some Catholics claim that much of the same was happening in some of those old country orphanages until in the 1990's...Many are putting their hope in Pope Francis to bring the Church closer to at least the 20th Century if not the 21st... If some conservative extremist Cardinal doesn't put a pillow over his head and smother him first... :wink:

What about Honor killings?
Criminal acts- some that are much along the lines of crimes of passion....They are treated differently thruout the world depending upon culture and religious connections... Ironically- not too many years ago such killers in the U.S. often got away with such (ex. when the husband came home and found his wife in bed with someone else- and shot one or both ) depending on the local culture....

Pope fires entire board of Vatican financial watchdog

Reuters

By Philip Pullella

VATICAN CITY (Reuters) - Pope Francis sacked the five-man board of the Vatican's financial watchdog on Thursday - all Italians - in the latest move to break with an old guard associated with a murky past under his predecessor.

The Vatican said the pope named four experts from Switzerland, Singapore, the United States and Italy to replace them on the board of the Financial Information Authority (AIF), the Holy See's internal regulatory office. The new board includes a woman for the first time.

All five outgoing members were Italians who had been expected to serve five-year terms ending in 2016 and were laymen associated with the Vatican's discredited financial old guard.

Reformers inside the Vatican had been pushing for the pope, who already has taken a series of steps to clean up Vatican finances, to appoint professionals with an international background to work with Rene Bruelhart, a Swiss lawyer who heads the AIF and who has been pushing for change.

Vatican sources said Bruelhart, Liechtenstein's former top anti-money laundering expert, was chafing under the old board and wanted Francis to appoint global professionals like him.

"Bruelhart wanted a board he could work with and it seems the pope has come down on his side and sent the old boy network packing," said a Vatican source familiar with the situation.

The new board of the AIF includes Marc Odendall, who administers and advises philanthropic organizations in Switzerland, and Juan C. Zarate, a Harvard law professor and senior advisor at the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a think tank based in Washington D.C.

The other two board members are Joseph Yuvaraj Pillay, former managing director of the Monetary Authority of Singapore and senior advisor to that country's president, and Maria Bianca Farina, the head of two Italian insurance companies.

Francis, who was elected in March 2013 after the resignation of former Pope Benedict, in February set up a new Secretariat for the Economy reporting directly to him and appointed an outsider, Australian Cardinal George Pell, to head it.

In January he removed Cardinal Attilio Nicora, a prelate who played a senior role in Vatican finances for more than a decade, as president of the AIF and replaced him with an archbishop with a track record of reform within the Vatican bureaucracy.

He also replaced four of the five cardinals in the commission that supervises the Vatican's troubled bank, known as the Institute for Works of Religion (IOR).

Since the arrival of Bruelhart in 2012, the AIF has been spearheading reforms to bring the Vatican in line with international standards on financial transparency and money laundering. But Vatican sources say he has encountered resistance from an old, entrenched guard.

A report last December by Moneyval, a monitoring committee of the Council of Europe, said the Vatican had enacted significant reforms but must still exercise more oversight over its bank.

Francis, who has said Vatican finances must be transparent in order for the Church to have credibility, decided against closing the IOR on condition that reforms, including closing accounts by people not entitled to have them, continued.

Only Vatican employees, religious institutions, orders of priests and nuns and Catholic charities are allowed to have accounts at the bank. But investigators have found that a number were being used by outsiders or that legitimate account holders were handling money for third parties.

Monsignor Nunzio Scarano, a former senior Vatican accountant who had close ties to the IOR, is currently on trial accused of plotting to smuggle millions of dollars into Italy from Switzerland in a scheme to help rich friends avoid taxes.

Scarano has also been indicted on separate charges of laundering millions of euros through the IOR. Paolo Cipriani and Massimo Tulli, the IOR's director and deputy director, who resigned last July after Scarano's arrest, have been ordered to stand trial on charges of violating anti-money laundering norms.

Oldtimer said:
Like I said- me and wannabe's beliefs are miles apart- and I'm glad they are...

The Home Babies (as they were called) who survived were often ostracized in Irish society until they were adopted out.

Irish Independent, November 11, 1957 / Via Twitter: @Limerick1914

"The nuns telegraphed the message that they were different and that we should keep away from them," said Corless, the historian. "They didn't suggest we be nice to them. In fact if you acted up in class some nuns would threaten to seat you next to the Home Babies."

If this and and just throwing babies into a septic tank is his Christian way of acting and care/respect for the dead-- I want NO part of his type of Christianity...

My God and My Jesus are compassionate and loving and would never back anyone trying to condone it...

Why is it that every time you think you can win a debate, it is when YOU have put words in someone else's mouth?

When have I condoned ill treatment of any child born to unwed parents?

Hey genius, your article quotes the death loss of babies born in unwed households, what was the death loss of babies born in married households?

Then how many babies were cared for by the nuns?

Next, I don't condone using a mass grave. But I didn't live in the 1930's and am not fully aware of the logistics that they dealt with at that time. However, seems like 1930's was an economically tough time, no? Wonder who would pay for those hundreds and hundreds of caskets, burial plots and services to do so? I bet you think the nuns, who were housing and feeding the children should have been responsible, no? Where were the parents? Maybe the 1,600 people that brought the babies into the world should be listed in the article as well.

Maybe they had the logistics, I wasn't there and neither were you. But let's look at a situation where you and I are present.

You condone unwed mothers murdering their own child and then throwing MILLIONS of them in a medical WASTE bucket. Yeah, I can sure see how you've positioned yourself on the high horse now. Gosh I just can't compete.

Guess I should just go ask for my car back from the little adopted girl I gave it to last year. She doesn't need it to get back and forth to college, she should be deep inside a waste dump somewhere.

OT's "God" condones honor killings, vaginal scarification, the outright murder of Infidels, lying, cheating, rape, homosexuality, bestiality, and the list goes on, as long as it is for the good of Islam. In the Muslim world, women are half a peg higher than livestock when it comes to value or importance, if that.

Counterfeit.

Allahu Akbar!

So OT is using the bad acts of a few from a lifetime ago in a far away land to slurr Christians? Ok, so obviously OT exists with no familiarity with honor or decency, and in less conclusive terms, water is wet.

So, I'm still a little perplexed. Is OT against killing babies or not? Who could read OT's post without revulsion, eventhough 2/3 of the children lived and the situation recounted a long passed time, where infant mortality was much higher, especially among the sort of demographics posed in the site? Compare the survival rate of the long ago home cited by OT to the survival rate of Sanger's ghoulish house of horrors (planned parenthood) as supported by the DNC. Or Tiller's house of terror (Kansas babykiller dispatched by a hero).

My biggest confusion is: what sort of mother would raise a person like OT.

Final note: please bullhauler, fix my typos, but don't act like finding a mispelled word defeats logic.

My biggest confusion is: what sort of mother would raise a person like OT.

A failure or sure. Ignorance & isolation from the real world are probably huge contributing factors. Anyone who thinks FDR was good for the country HAD to have been taught by imbeciles.................

I don't think we can fairly blame a person's parents entirely for the way they turn out. I have a brother who is the biggest libtard on the face of the earth who drinks the Kool Aide several times a day. He damn sure wasn't raised that way, and both my parents went to their graves wondering what they had done wrong.

The biggest share of the blame has to lie at the feet of the person himself. They could have altered their brain with drugs or alcohol, or maybe had a teacher who instilled a level of stupidity in their student's mush filled skull. Or maybe they weren't born with a full deck and reached a level of libtardedness all on their own.

I vote for the latter in the matter at hand, along with the self infliction of too much alcohol over the years.

TexasBred said:
Oldtimer said:
Mike said:
Radical Muslims are barbaric. Deal with it. :roll:

Maybe they took lessons from these Catholic nuns...

OT I didn't see "murder" mentioned anywhere as the cause of any deaths? Pull your head out of your ass.

That part was implied for the less than proficient in reading comprehension. As long as there are no spelling errors, demwits eat it up.

iwannabeacowboy said:
TexasBred said:
Oldtimer said:
Maybe they took lessons from these Catholic nuns...

OT I didn't see "murder" mentioned anywhere as the cause of any deaths? Pull your head out of your ass.

That part was implied for the less than proficient in reading comprehension. As long as there are no spelling errors, demwits eat it up.

OT didn't mention it but I believe it came from the "Friendly Athiest" website as well.

How OT or anyone with the slightest smidgen of common sense can blame the entire spectrum of Christianity for actions of one very small branch of even a major Christian Church' and those actions taken in the 1930's of all the sad, hard time, is a total mystery!

Truly weird is how he can do so while he backs abortion, decision to take that child's life, as compared with death of children due to the crude medical methods of some cultures at that time, along with illnesses either not treated or no treatment known for them makes him seem particularly cruel or stupid, and I do not believe he is either: so is it to stir up comment, or what? Unbelievable is the venom against Christians, whose actions are not always the best, but we do strive to improve, and have hope of forgiveness if we truly are Christians.

mrj

Not hope of forgiveness but forgiveness as a Christian. Not trying to be picky just expressing my belief.

mrj said:
How OT or anyone with the slightest smidgen of common sense can blame the entire spectrum of Christianity for actions of one very small branch of even a major Christian Church' and those actions taken in the 1930's of all the sad, hard time, is a total mystery!

Truly weird is how he can do so while he backs abortion, decision to take that child's life, as compared with death of children due to the crude medical methods of some cultures at that time, along with illnesses either not treated or no treatment known for them makes him seem particularly cruel or stupid, and I do not believe he is either: so is it to stir up comment, or what? Unbelievable is the venom against Christians, whose actions are not always the best, but we do strive to improve, and have hope of forgiveness if we truly are Christians.

mrj

At this very moment 1255 babies have been aborted in the US TODAY...thrown into the trash.....by the time I hit the submit button that number will have increased.

Cause of death for all 796 have been published

"Eventually I had the idea to contact the registry office in Galway. I remembered a law was enacted in 1932 to register every death in the country. My contact said give me a few weeks and I'll let you know," she recalled.

"A week later she got back to me and said do you really want all of these deaths? I said I do. She told me I would be charged for each record. Then she asked me did I realize the enormity of the numbers of deaths there?"

The registrar came back with a list of 796 children. "I could not believe it. I was dumbfounded and deeply upset," said Corless. "There and then I said this isn't right."

Over the weekend, The Sunday World – the same paper whose initial interview with Corless sparked international interest in the case – published the death records of the 796 children who died in the Tuam Home.

The first to die was five-month-old Patrick Derrane, of gastroenteritis on August 22, 1925. The last recorded death at the home was that of Mary Carty, just four and a half months, on January 15, 1960. In the column where her cause of death should be listed, it simply says "fit." Under "other causes," it notes that she "was a restless baby."

Between these two tragic bookends there are 18 recorded cases of "Marasmus," or severe malnutrition.

Measles ravaged the home in 1936, taking 22 lives, and again in 1947, claiming 18. There were also outbreaks of whooping cough, influenza and gastroenteritis. Many more suffered from epilepsey, fits and convulsions.

Gerrard Connaughton, who died on September 9, 1956 from an upper respiratory infection is noted as "Delicate & difficult from birth. Second twin." John Anthony Murphy and Mary Crehan, who died of bronchitis within four months of each other in 1950 – 51, are both described as "Congenital Idiots," just four and a half months old and three months old, respectively.

The youngest to die was premature baby Haugh, at 10 minutes old on March 10, 1946. The oldest was 7-year-old Mary Connolly, an "Idiot" with congenital hydrocephalus who perished after suffering from measles for five days.

The local group campaigning to have the grave site properly marked is seeking to memorialize each of the children believed to be buried there with a plaque listing all of their names.

The full death records appear below:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Death-records-for-796-children-at-Tuam-home-published-in-full.html

hypocritexposer said:
Cause of death for all 796 have been published

"Eventually I had the idea to contact the registry office in Galway. I remembered a law was enacted in 1932 to register every death in the country. My contact said give me a few weeks and I'll let you know," she recalled.

"A week later she got back to me and said do you really want all of these deaths? I said I do. She told me I would be charged for each record. Then she asked me did I realize the enormity of the numbers of deaths there?"

The registrar came back with a list of 796 children. "I could not believe it. I was dumbfounded and deeply upset," said Corless. "There and then I said this isn't right."

Over the weekend, The Sunday World – the same paper whose initial interview with Corless sparked international interest in the case – published the death records of the 796 children who died in the Tuam Home.

The first to die was five-month-old Patrick Derrane, of gastroenteritis on August 22, 1925. The last recorded death at the home was that of Mary Carty, just four and a half months, on January 15, 1960. In the column where her cause of death should be listed, it simply says "fit." Under "other causes," it notes that she "was a restless baby."

Between these two tragic bookends there are 18 recorded cases of "Marasmus," or severe malnutrition.

Measles ravaged the home in 1936, taking 22 lives, and again in 1947, claiming 18. There were also outbreaks of whooping cough, influenza and gastroenteritis. Many more suffered from epilepsey, fits and convulsions.

Gerrard Connaughton, who died on September 9, 1956 from an upper respiratory infection is noted as "Delicate & difficult from birth. Second twin." John Anthony Murphy and Mary Crehan, who died of bronchitis within four months of each other in 1950 – 51, are both described as "Congenital Idiots," just four and a half months old and three months old, respectively.

The youngest to die was premature baby Haugh, at 10 minutes old on March 10, 1946. The oldest was 7-year-old Mary Connolly, an "Idiot" with congenital hydrocephalus who perished after suffering from measles for five days.

The local group campaigning to have the grave site properly marked is seeking to memorialize each of the children believed to be buried there with a plaque listing all of their names.

The full death records appear below:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Death-records-for-796-children-at-Tuam-home-published-in-full.html

One that that's been established here is that being an idiot does not necessarily translate to a premature death.

My God and My Jesus

:lol:

Correction: Ireland-Children's Mass Graves Story

In stories published June 3 and June 8 about young children buried in unmarked graves after dying at a former Irish orphanage for the children of unwed mothers, The Associated Press incorrectly reported that the children had not received Roman Catholic baptisms; documents show that many children at the orphanage were baptized. The AP also incorrectly reported that Catholic teaching at the time was to deny baptism and Christian burial to the children of unwed mothers; although that may have occurred in practice at times it was not church teaching. In addition, in the June 3 story, the AP quoted a researcher who said she believed that most of the remains of children who died there were interred in a disused septic tank; the researcher has since clarified that without excavation and forensic analysis it is impossible to know how many sets of remains the tank contains, if any. The June 3 story also contained an incorrect reference to the year that the orphanage opened; it was 1925, not 1926.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/correction-ireland-childrens-mass-graves-story-24236573

Sorry, my reading comprehension may not be what it was. Does that say, if any?

The entirety of the article is based on a mass grave that has no proof of being a mass grave?

:lol:

0To: strikes again!

Media stories are often based on sensationalism. To stir up interest for or against something, and sometimes lacking in truth. It is always best not to pass judgment until all the facts are in.

These kind of stories are good fodder for those who are looking to find fault with someone or some organization.

Latest posts