• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

It's been a loooong winter

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I know you don't have this problem in the great white north but what would you do if the summers got to be too long? Funny stuff! :D

My wife and her sister wrote a song back in their teens about this country.

Two of the lines are...

The long winter months begin to show
When the mother has another at the first fall of snow

You Canucks are scary people with the strangest hobbies!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
MYT Farms said:
Holy smoke BMR, either turn yourself in to the asylum or come down here and start poppin' mine. Some very nice poses there! I like the Christmas card idea. I agree, it has been far to long a winter for you. But before everything warms up and melts there, I'd get those pups buried! :shock: :D How many you get shot this winter?

20 out the upstairs back door. In my underwear. :shock:

Guess I should have posed with my rifle and hunting gear. :eek:

One thing about it, with that white skin and white underwear, you would have been dressed in wintertime camo. In fact, it's like you were in snow attire at all. :roll: :wink:

Big Muddy rancher said:
20 out the upstairs back door. In my underwear. :shock:

You didn't shoot'em, they died of fright....you scared the hell outta them standing there in yer drawers and all that white hide glaring!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I need to comment this one. After the third picture i started suspect something funny.... I'm not used to coyotes so I tought they were normal huskyes. :D You got many of those wondering around? do they eat calves. They look big enough to get them. Now i understant why many of my relatives ("back in the old days")moved to canada to be a furhunters..

P.A.L said:
I need to comment this one. After the third picture i started suspect something funny.... I'm not used to coyotes so I tought they were normal huskyes. :D You got many of those wondering around? do they eat calves. They look big enough to get them. Now i understant why many of my relatives ("back in the old days")moved to canada to be a furhunters..

Yes we have lots of them.Hunting just keeps them healthy. If you get to many they get mange and pressure their food resource. They seem to compensate by having larger litters when they have more food.
They are particularly hard on calves if born during a storm and don't get going quickly. They also can move in quickly if a cow is having a difficult birth. One spring we could tell every where a cow was calving cause a coyote was sitting on the hill above her.

Those were cool pics, BMR. Almost had me fooled on the first one! :)
BTW, I think you need to take a time-out! :wink:

Michael, this is one of the best posts ever put on here, the creativity and photograghy were excellant, you deserve an Emmy.
My boys really got a kick out of it too.

Can't wait to see your Easter pictures with gophers.

Big Swede said:
I know you don't have this problem in the great white north but what would you do if the summers got to be too long?

XABTORgopher_warrior_elliot.jpg

XABTORgopher_lovers_elliot.jpg

DANG do you know what a Beautiful coat you could make with all them????????????
Shoer tells me I have to shoot my own and he will make one for me.....what we have a round here aint that big :?

MsSage said:
DANG do you know what a Beautiful coat you could make with all them????????????
Shoer tells me I have to shoot my own and he will make one for me.....what we have a round here aint that big :?

Its a shame they aren't worth anything at the fur market this year. They are real nice fur because of the cold winter. We probably have lot nicer furred coyotes then down south.

I've always wanted to get one of those coyote skin Mad Bomber caps....ND Fish and Game used to have them as their winter cap..But they are a little pricey....About the cheapest I've seen them is this year...
Most I found locally were around $200- $250....

http://www.thefind.com/apparel/browse-coyote-bomber-hat

Still as funny as ever ! A little nostalgic though, seeing replies from friends no longer with us. Wish blkbuckaroo was still posting as well.

DustDevil said:
Still as funny as ever ! A little nostalgic though, seeing replies from friends no longer with us. Wish blkbuckaroo was still posting as well.

Ya I miss those guys. BBroo,Yanuck,NR, a bunch of them don't post anymore. :( :( :(

Latest posts