• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Japanese to visit Creekstone

Help Support Ranchers.net:

rkaiser said:
Well maybe a darn good January born Simmental "yearling".

Are you saying that there a NO good simmental cattle Big Muddy? I've seen a few.

Some people say that if you can see past breed genetics and look at structural genetics you will find good cattle in any breed. All we are trying to say with the Galloways and Welsh Blacks is that there are some out there that are just as good as Angus or Simmental or any other straight black :lol: breed there is.

No but if you make them like the rest of the cattle what use are they if you want to use them to change what you have. ie Down size cows ,winter hardiness just plain thriftyness

Gotcha Big Muddy.

The bull we are talking about weighed about 1950 pounds at the show Darcy and I were at and was almost three years old.

1950 is big in my country. I shipped a 7 yr old that weighed in at 2050. I think the biggest bull I have ever owned.He was super correct good moving bull, All the sons i kept of him raised in my environment never got that big. They still throw the calves I want that fit this environment.

Where are you buying your bulls Big Muddy? The breeder must have a tank of 1950 semen hidden somehwere. Or if you are raising them yourself, I congradulate you. That must take a lot of time sorting through the genetics of your purchased bulls to weed out the big ones or the ones with the pedigree to make them big.

Or don't you have any grass down in the Big Muddy valley?

rkaiser said:
Never said anything about Tyson telling a fib Tam, just acting like the whining pup that I get accused of.

As far as swaying opinion here on ranchers. Ain't goona happen. Have you seen any packer backers or packer blamers jump ship lately - I haven't.

Funny part is, I deal with Cargill and Tyson and actually have a bit of respect for their business sense. What I can't stand are the puppets that Tyson has sucked into beleiving that everything they do is for the good of all man kind. :lol: :lol:

I actually feel sorry for these folks as they seem to not be able to think for themselves and as Econo often says, I hope their operations fair well.
:roll: :wink:
Randy you still haven't answer the question if you were in Tyson's shoes and someone was bad mouthing your beef in public would you demand a public apology to clear your reputation? YES OR NO

Probably would Tam, but if I was to add the political conspiracy theory part as "Bond" did, I would also be prepared for FACT lovers like TAM to blast me about my opinion. Get it yet?

rkaiser said:
Probably would Tam, but if I was to add the political conspiracy theory part as "Bond" did, I would also be prepared for FACT lovers like TAM to blast me about my opinion. Get it yet?

What Randy did the OPPOSITION party have to gain by telling Tyson one thing and the Japanese consumers another? Could they have wanted the Japanese public to not trust American BEEF or the actions of the Japanese ruling party so the next election the ruling party would LOOSE. It doesn't take alot to figure that if they told Tyson one thing and then when they got back to Japan the story changed that they figured out a way to damage the reputation of the ruling party. Maybe Tyson and the USDA should have held a press conference in the US before the party left and had them publicly announce their findings to the world instead of letting them get back to Japan where they could change their speech as to damage the ruling party reputation. But that said how can you call TYSON whiney pups if you yourself would have done the same thing to repair the damage done to your reputation?

Goodness Tam, you are persistent. Read only part of my post and then blast back.

Can't admit for a second that Bond should be questioned for adding his political rendition can you. Maybe they did have some games to play.

BUT

Are you going to give me that benefit of the doubt when I suggest that Tyson had ulterior motives in the border issue with Canada - no - .

Tyson plays the political game for economic gain Tam. Thus the hypocracy in this Whining pup of a Bond. If I am to be called a Whining pup by your Big Muddy or whoever it was that came up with that post in your house, Bond is an even more public Whining pup.

Now go ahead and defend him some more, I know you will.

Tell me how his OPINION is hard to argue with. :roll: :roll:

Tam said:
rkaiser said:

What Randy did the OPPOSITION party have to gain by telling Tyson one thing and the Japanese consumers another? Could they have wanted the Japanese public to not trust American BEEF or the actions of the Japanese ruling party so the next election the ruling party would LOOSE. It doesn't take alot to figure that if they told Tyson one thing and then when they got back to Japan the story changed that they figured out a way to damage the reputation of the ruling party. Maybe Tyson and the USDA should have held a press conference in the US before the party left and had them publicly announce their findings to the world instead of letting them get back to Japan where they could change their speech as to damage the ruling party reputation. But that said how can you call TYSON whiney pups if you yourself would have done the same thing to repair the damage done to your reputation?

Tam, Tyson and Cargill and their minions in the USDA should not have stopped the BSE testing. To have the US use its muscle to "sell" U.S. meat so they could control the BSE politics instead of testing is the big problem here. If you have a customer that does not like the deal you strike, you have a bad deal. Tyson whining about the internal Japanese politics because they could not get what they wanted with the untrusting Japanese is really a joke--but it points out how deep they are in bed with the USDA and the resulting problems.

If your beef is so good in Canada why don't you just take the Japanese market? Maybe you could do a better sales job than the USDA. You might need country of origin lableing to sell it to the Japanese instead of a USDA rubber stamp.

I don't care if it was a Candian or American beef export group, a CCA or NCBA meeting or any other beef/cattle gathering. Reps from Cargill and Tyson led the charge against testing for export marketing purposes and the tysoncargillasskissers begged for the Cargill Tyson boy to stop lifting his heels so high as the asskissing followers were having a tough time with both tasks.

Tyson and Cargill have held back testing for export marketing and now they want to whine when their bully tactics don't work on the Japanese..... :shock:

Come on out Scotty - where are you at.

Econ101 said:
Tam said:
rkaiser said:

Tam, Tyson and Cargill and their minions in the USDA should not have stopped the BSE testing. To have the US use its muscle to "sell" U.S. meat so they could control the BSE politics instead of testing is the big problem here. If you have a customer that does not like the deal you strike, you have a bad deal. Tyson whining about the internal Japanese politics because they could not get what they wanted with the untrusting Japanese is really a joke--but it points out how deep they are in bed with the USDA and the resulting problems.

If your beef is so good in Canada why don't you just take the Japanese market? Maybe you could do a better sales job than the USDA. You might need country of origin lableing to sell it to the Japanese instead of a USDA rubber stamp.

Does an OPPOSITION party ever like a Deal the RULING PARTY MAKES? :roll:
Econ did you forget that Canada is selling beef to Japan. our exports haven't been reclosed like the US's. And if we did have to go to Cool to sell at least we have a system in place to quarantee our customers we know where the beef actually came from. :wink:
And Tyson according to this article was upset because the Opposition party told them one thing in the US and then when they got back to Japan their story changed. If that happened I too would wonder why and demand an apology if they changed they story to further a politic agenda. This article had nothing to do with Testing or the DEAL it had everything to do with the safeguards Tyson had in place, so why do you bring that up.

Tam said:
Econ101 said:
Tam said:

Econ did you forget that Canada is selling beef to Japan. our exports haven't been reclosed like the US's. And if we did have to go to Cool to sell at least we have a system in place to quarantee our customers we know where the beef actually came from. :wink:
And Tyson according to this article was upset because the Opposition party told them one thing in the US and then when they got back to Japan their story changed. If that happened I too would wonder why and demand an apology if they changed they story to further a politic agenda. This article had nothing to do with Testing or the DEAL it had everything to do with the safeguards Tyson had in place, so why do you bring that up.

When you have USDA in your pocket, there are no safeguards. That is what the U.S. cattlemen are saying. Do you see it differently?

When you are in a foreign country with a bunch of crooks with knives, should you speak against the crooks or wait till you get back home to do it? The whole internal Japanese debate on this issue is there because the USDA allowed it to happen and actually caused it due to their following whatever the politician paying packers want. It should never have been an issue.

Econ101 said:
Tam said:
Econ101 said:

When you have USDA in your pocket, there are no safeguards. That is what the U.S. cattlemen are saying. Do you see it differently?

When you are in a foreign country with a bunch of crooks with knives, should you speak against the crooks or wait till you get back home to do it? The whole internal Japanese debate on this issue is there because the USDA allowed it to happen and actually caused it due to their following whatever the politician paying packers want. It should never have been an issue.

ECON do you have any PROOF that TYSON IS THE DANGEROUS KNIFE WHEELING CROOKS YOU JUST SLANDERED THEM TO BE?
This whole debate can also be explained as that is what the opposition of a government's duty is to find any fault they can and destroy the confidence in the ruling party's deals so the next time there is an election the ruling party doesn't win. What better way to destroy the confidence in the deal than to claim one of the US's largest Packing plants is doing something wrong. :???:

rkaiser said:
Where are you buying your bulls Big Muddy? The breeder must have a tank of 1950 semen hidden somehwere. Or if you are raising them yourself, I congradulate you. That must take a lot of time sorting through the genetics of your purchased bulls to weed out the big ones or the ones with the pedigree to make them big.

Or don't you have any grass down in the Big Muddy valley?

Randy i buy the bull that fit my criteria and raise the rest of them . Your forgetting we are in range conditions in hard grass country our cattle aren't like those barn yard pail bunters from central Alberta.

Tam: ECON do you have any PROOF that TYSON IS THE DANGEROUS KNIFE WHEELING CROOKS YOU JUST SLANDERED THEM TO BE?
This whole debate can also be explained as that is what the opposition of a government's duty is to find any fault they can and destroy the confidence in the ruling party's deals so the next time there is an election the ruling party doesn't win. What better way to destroy the confidence in the deal than to claim one of the US's largest Packing plants is doing something wrong. Say what?

Econ: I am guessing they visited their slaughter houses, Tam, am I wrong? The Japanese are buying beef internationally, if not from us, then Australia. If I were a politician in Japan and I thought I had a real issue on keeping my food supply safe for the people of the country instead of taking less safe food and it resonated with my constituents, I would use that to get elected also. It is called political competition. The people get the best that way. The USDA and Goodlatte need to stop being so arrogant about our trade policy and do what the customer wants instead of whining about it. That is how you make good sales. They screwed up on Creekstone because they wanted to control BSEconomics and wait until the politician paying packers gave them the green light.

Econ101 said:
Tam: ECON do you have any PROOF that TYSON IS THE DANGEROUS KNIFE WHEELING CROOKS YOU JUST SLANDERED THEM TO BE?
This whole debate can also be explained as that is what the opposition of a government's duty is to find any fault they can and destroy the confidence in the ruling party's deals so the next time there is an election the ruling party doesn't win. What better way to destroy the confidence in the deal than to claim one of the US's largest Packing plants is doing something wrong. Say what?

Econ: I am guessing they visited their slaughter houses, Tam, am I wrong? The Japanese are buying beef internationally, if not from us, then Australia. If I were a politician in Japan and I thought I had a real issue on keeping my food supply safe for the people of the country instead of taking less safe food and it resonated with my constituents, I would use that to get elected also. It is called political competition. The people get the best that way. The USDA and Goodlatte need to stop being so arrogant about our trade policy and do what the customer wants instead of whining about it. That is how you make good sales. They screwed up on Creekstone because they wanted to control BSEconomics and wait until the politician paying packers gave them the green light.

So what you are saying is that it is ok to ''lie'' as long as it furthers your agenda :???: Or are you saying that truth is not the same at home as it is when said in another country?

Econ101 said:
Tam: ECON do you have any PROOF that TYSON IS THE DANGEROUS KNIFE WHEELING CROOKS YOU JUST SLANDERED THEM TO BE?This whole debate can also be explained as that is what the opposition of a government's duty is to find any fault they can and destroy the confidence in the ruling party's deals so the next time there is an election the ruling party doesn't win. What better way to destroy the confidence in the deal than to claim one of the US's largest Packing plants is doing something wrong. Say what?

I am guessing they visited their slaughter houses, Tam, am I wrong?
So they visited a slaughter house does that mean that the Tyson OFFICIALS and the USDA Personel they met with were carrying knives? Econ you said
When you are in a foreign country with a bunch of crooks with knives, should you speak against the crooks or wait till you get back home to do it?
I'm asking DO YOU HAVE ANY PROOF THAT TYSON OFFICIALS AND THE USDA PERSONEL THAT THESE GUYS MET WITH ARE KNIFE WHEELING CROOKS? Do you have any proof that the Japanese told Tyson they approved the plant because the FEARED what would happen to them if they didn't?

If I were a politician in Japan and I thought I had a real issue on keeping my food supply safe for the people of the country instead of taking less safe food and it resonated with my constituents, I would use that to get elected also. It is called political competition.
ECON do US politicians always tell the truth when they want to discredit the party in office? :wink:
The people get the best that way.
:lol2: ]If Tyson wasn't doing anything wrong and these Japanese Politicians changed their story to further their Political agenda I ask you Econ BEST OF WHAT?
The USDA and Goodlatte need to stop being so arrogant about our trade policy and do what the customer wants instead of whining about it. That is how you make good sales.
Did the JAPANESE RULING PARTY have a gun to head or a knife to the throat when they signed the deal that did not include 100% testing with the USDA? Yes the OPPOSITION PARTY may not have agreed with the RULING PARTY but it was the RULING PARTY'S CALL and they signed on the dotted line. This Story, like I said before, could be the OPPOSITIONS way of putting more doubt in the nervous public minds.

mwj said:
Econ101 said:

So what you are saying is that it is ok to ''lie'' as long as it furthers your agenda :???: Or are you saying that truth is not the same at home as it is when said in another country?

Im saying that Tyson did not sell the Japanese. If the Japanese waited to get back home to Japan before saying it, maybe they had reasons. It doesn't matter anyway. Tyson did not sell to their customers. Period.

Econ101 said:

Which large plant are you referring to Econ? The plant that had the problem was a small veal killer in New York that has no affiliation with Tyson.

agman said:
Econ101 said:

Which large plant are you referring to Econ? The plant that had the problem was a small veal killer in New York that has no affiliation with Tyson.

Agman, this is another example of your inability to read and comprehend anything other than what fits your bias. Here is the exerpt of the article that started this thread:

"
But according to AP, a recent fact-finding mission sent by opposition lawmakers reportedly found the Tyson facility in Kansas did not completely remove banned parts from the beef it processed.
"Realistically, we're in a good position," Pentz said today. "The Japanese look at us as a private company willing to go along with private testing (for mad cow disease)." "

Could it be that the Tyson facility was in Kansas, Agman? If you have questions regarding your posts, why don't you pm me before asking an embarrassing question that shows your reading comprehension? It might save you some embarrasment on the board.

Latest posts